My parenting journal through life and adoption!

i'm still getting over the 70 people...I've had almost 20 at my house for holidays and I almost freak!

Thanks guys! And :hi: Pinkpassion!!! Glad you emerged from sleepless nights. :)

So we heard from our social worker and our home study will be complete a week from Friday!!! Yayyyyy!!

I am rewriting our profile a bit, and your input was really valuable. I am including a couple more sentences about the girls, a photo of them and taking out some of the over thankfulness. I don't want to come across too desperate.

I am reluctantly adding our loss of Max...many couples do and I guess some birth mom's like placing their child in homes where parents try hard to have kids and can't due to losses. I feel like I'm using him :(. On that note, I have a shelf in my walk in closet dedicated to him. My bear with his beating heart went off and it just brought me to tears. I feel so bad that his little life was cut so short and that he was dealt such a bad hand. It was also nice to hear his little heartbeat again. <3

I'm so happy to hear your home study is nearly complete! I didn't think you sounded too desperate, I wanted you to adopt me after reading it :haha: but in all seriousness, I think it is beneficial to write about Max. I can see why you may be reluctant, but it makes sense, given that he holds a special place in your family and birth moms should know that. I'm getting so excited for you lady, you're going to make an amazing adoptive mama. <3

:hugs: you are one of the best mommas ever!!! I see how you could feel as though adding Max to it could feel like using him, but I think it's important for birth mom's to see your pain and know that you absolutely loved him and wanted him desperately and I think even adding the losses before him. Sometimes when we are most vulnerable we are seen fully. And you my sweet friend are a beautiful person! You have so much in your heart, so much love and hurt and everything that makes you you. Shine through and there's not a single woman who wouldn't choose you!!!!

I am reading even if I don't comment. I'm here to watch your journey unfold and cheer and laugh and rejoice with you when you bring your sweet baby home!!!!

Wishing you the best as your pour love into your edited profile.
Max's heartbeat :hugs:

Its lovely that you adding a bit about Max. He was and always will be a part of your family. And going forward you will do things to remember him and your new baby will also be part of that tradition. I hope evrything goes well and you have your little one soon

Happy belated birthday, Lucy! That was an amazing cake!!!

I'm so glad to hear that your home study is almost done! I concur with some of the other ladies; I think it's a good idea to have a bit in your profile about your girls and Max. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to sum everything up in just a few sentences, but it will allow the birthmothers to have a more complete picture of you, your DH, and your family. I believe that those are just the details necessary to bring the right baby to you. :hug:

wahoo for the home study being almost finished! that's so fantastic!

I agree with the ladies about adding in a few lines about the girls and Max. I know it's hard to open up something you're trying to compartmentalize but it's a big part of you and part of what helped your decision to get to where you are.
:hugs:

Oh that's so exciting about the home study being done by the end of next week! :dance:

I wanted you to adopt me too, once I'd read it lol But I think it's great that you're going to add a bit about the girls and a picture of them. I can only imagine the mixed emotions about adding Max in there too. I, personally, don't think you're using him. He's part of your family and your journey. And I hope this doesn't come off wrong but I'd like to think his teddy going off was maybe his way of telling you it's OK. :hugs: Love you girl.

That was a lovely cake! Happy belated little girl Lucy :)

:hugs2: for Max's heartbeat

I'm sure your profile will be even better than it was

The cake is gorgeous. :cloud9:

And that's just over a week away!! :shock: :happydance:

Did you want any comments on this last version? I am sorry I didn't pull myself together in time to send feedback on the others. I can definitely spend some time on this one though, if that'd be a help in any way. And I am glad you included Max in it. He's part of you and part of your family and your story and journey to this new little one. <3

Xo

SO at first I was hesitant about the thought of you adding something about Max because--even though I fully believe that you made the right decision--I was thinking that maybe others might have a hard time knowing that you did (without knowing the full story and knowing your family). But as I was typing up that sentiment, it occurred to me that Max is one of the reasons why you are adopting and that is important. I suppose it can be worded in a way that I can't think of right now where that very hard choice you had to make won't spark something in any potential families. And if I were giving up a child for adoption, I think that knowing the compassion and the love you had for your son would say volumes about how you will/do treat your children (natural and adopted). Anyway, I'm so happy that this journey is going so quickly and smoothly for you. :friends:

Thanks guys! All your sweet notes mean a lot!

Tank! Thanks for your insight...the profile will only touch on Max and not his condition or our decision to deliver. Here is the paragraph:)

Our Journey To Adopt section

We always desired a large family. After we were married, adoption was always a part of our conversations and both of us agreed we’d have strong regrets if we never had that chance. We were told there was a small chance we could have children of our own after we were blessed with our little Lucy. So we began researching adoption as we were excited to bring another child into our home. We were shocked to find out soon after that we were pregnant again. Sadly, we lost our unborn son at 5 months old, but we knew in our hearts that his loss shouldn't delay our dreams to adopt. We have a strong belief that people are brought together when they are meant to be. We are incredibly respectful of how hard this journey is and are eternally grateful for your willingness to consider us.

What do you think?

:thumbup: I really like it. Not too graphic, but to the point. I really like the bit about how people are brought together when they are meant to be.

put that way, any mum will know exactly how you feel and will know you have only love to give to their little one. hope your jouney comes to a happy ending soon...

<3 ... You can still adopt me if you want :haha: but for real, nice job. Just the right amount of detail and very well written.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->