My parenting journal through life and adoption!

Amy definitely has a way with words. :friends: I completely agree.

We got blessed with beautiful weather this weekend, huh? I'm so glad you got to the beach and hope you and your DH had a fantastic Father's Day weekend. <3

I love your positive outlook. It's spot on. I took adoption law in law school and learned secondhand of the terrible experiences some people have. I'm sorry that you had to experience some of that firsthand. Your positive outlook in the face of adversity is an amazing asset to your family, though. Plus, it will make you an amazing mom to the next addition to your family.

You really do have such a great outlook on life, no matter what gets thrown at you. Such a strong woman. <3

Thanks guys!

It's hard not thinking about all the ways this situation went wrong. Woke up realizing how we had no support including the attorneys we hired. I guess this will be a process we have to get use to. It's crazy.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Your so strong! That attorney sounds super shady and I can't believe they even contacted you when there was a good chance it wouldn't work/

Sadly, I reached out to them first when I saw the situation on their page. The birth mom picked us immediately and then her attorney wanted payment that day. We needed to find an attorney in her state which took two days and they called it off. They wanted payment immediately. It may have worked out...we will never know...but with that amount of money on the line, we weren't paying anyone without an attorney looking everything over on our behalf.

Still I don't like the attorney he should have given you two days. :( I'm so sorry it didn't work.

what an incredible experience - I'm SO glad you didn't get taken for a ride and that it was, like you said, a short and inexpensive lesson. I'm amazed at the lack of advocacy in these lawyers. Sounded like he just wanted to take the money and run for the border. It's crazy their ability to victimize people!!

im sorryt things have not worked out for you. but through it all you have come out stronger and wiser and you know what to expect down the road. also there is a baby out the in the oven just being made esp for you and your family, you just have to be patient and sadly go through moments of ups and downs to get to that perfect family.

i feel sorry for that poor BM and the things she has to go through. i feel so angered that you have people out there that abuse being an attorney and everything is just a paycheck. how sad is your life going to one day turn out if thats all that you care about in life.

sending you and your family love and im sure you heartbroken but know that this bundle was not your bundle. stay strong

Hi ladies. Tara needs our prayers!! A huge turn of events has happened and they got the call that birth mom has gone into labor early and they've been asked to come be at the hospital to pick up their son!!!! It could still fall through and I don't have too many details but please think about them today and send prayers and positive thoughts their way!! I'll update as I hear more. <3

Prayers going up! Hope they're not messing them around again. They've been through so much. Praying hard!

Praying for you Tara and hoping it all works out!

Oh my goodness!!!!!! Praying the way is smooth, easy, and results in bringing home baby!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->