• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My parenting journal through life and adoption!

So I received a very sweet message from one of my BnB besties who asked about more photos of my girls in my profile...and it was such a good point that I need to share with you...

Believe it or not - they (the agency) doesn't want more pics of my girls!! :dohh: The agency said they market us as a couple and that sometimes having kids is a negative as many birth moms either want a family with no kids or they are just so completely and understandably overwhelmed on making sure their newborn is completely loved. This is like match.com but for picking parents for your baby! But I totally agree with you!!! I would have many more pics of them...and I also have a plan. Of course...

This profile is suppose to be about us and our family. So after 6 months...I may swap in more photos that I would want to see as a birth mom. I want a birth mom to know their newborn would be loved just like my other kids and see my children are happy and even love each other.

I am off to my 3rd home study meeting.... :happydance:

the profile is wonderful. captures your family completely.
i love party planning. hope you have fun with that.
time is flying by so fast, good luck with your "interview" today. hope it goes well.
fx

Hope all goes well, I'm so excited for you everything sounds so promising! :)

I think it's so well written and really lets the reader get a sneak peak into your life, the love that you have for each other, your family and all the love that you have to offer a new little one <3
Good luck today, I know you'll rock it! :D

:friends: Fx'd the meeting goes well and you aren't too anxious

You're going to rock this thing, lady! You'll be with the next love of your life before you know it!

gl xx

I never would have thought about having pictures of your other children might deter some birth moms :shrug: your girls are just wonderful though, the love really comes through in your pictures of them.

I hope the meeting went well!!

That makes sense about only "marketing" the parents--but I know as a mom, one of the greatest things in my life is seeing my boys interact together. It seems like loving, happy siblings would be a selling point. You're probably right though, that it is just so overwhelming for birth moms that less may be more. I'm sure what you have is perfect, and will eventually match you to your little one. : )

how did it go?
also, mind adding me to that FB group so I can take a gander at your profile write-up? thank you so much for sharing!

Everything went great!! I had written my autobiography out which is what she reviews with me and she said, "this is so thorough I don't have much to talk with you about." :rofl: But I talked to her about the profile and I think when our home study is final, I may update it to include one more photo of the girls and write a couple more sentences that includes how much we love being parents. I completely agree with everyone and that was my gut feeling too...so I will wait for our home study to be complete which should be by the end of June and it will give us one month to see how this current profile performs. :)

Hubby goes tomorrow and then in two weeks our home visit takes place and WE ARE DONE!

Our profile with the agency is finalized and they will begin presenting us immediately! :happydance: Every month we will get an email on how many times they present us etc. It feels so real!!! I'll keep you all posted.

<3

Squeeeeeeeee!!!!! I'm just so excited for you!!! I'm so happy everything is going so well and that things are moving right along!!! <3

Good luck to your hubs tomorrow!

Eeeek 2 weeks :wohoo: So excited for you guys!

This is wonderful. :cloud9: I'm so happy for and proud of you. Can't wait to hear how your DH's experience is. Things are seriously moving! :happydance:

That's SUPER exciting that in 2 weeks you'll start getting presented and even know how often they present you. This is just moving at lightning speed! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->