• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My parenting journal through life and adoption!

I've just caught up, sorry I've been AWOL. You're always in my prayers though.

So I've just got to know...did you make sure that you were eating spaghetti in one of your photos :rofl: In all seriousness, praying that you are matched very quickly and that things go flawlessly.

:hug:

Hi Tag! :wave:

you've got yourself a new follower here. :) DH and I may be embarking on an adoption journey ourselves and I know nothing about it. I know more now from reading what you're going through, though! EXCELLENT tips about getting prepared!
I'd love to read your profile too. I do have some other questions - I'll PM you. Thank you for offering that. :)

Good luck to you and your family in this new journey - you sound like you are more than ready for your new addition. Any child will be lucky to have you!

Also, I'm so sorry about Max. I want to read that blog as well. It's horrible that any of us have to go through any sort of loss, it's so heartbreaking. But I can't fathom at 17 weeks. :nope:

<3 Hi, Tag! :wave:

For the PDF, what kind of feedback are you hoping for?

:hi: Wish2BMom Welcome!! Thank you for joining!!!!! Happy to answer any questions!

And I cleaned out my mailbox so I can get more mail. Sorry! :dohh:

So any comments are welcome!! I did have them change out some photos (like the cover photo). I just don't think our wedding photo shouldn't be front and center.

I have received awesome feedback from the adoption families that have had successful adoptions on the profile so I'm so appreciative of any feedback.

My next meeting for home study is by myself tomorrow morning! :)

I think it's fabulous. Very well written! Heck, makes me want to be adopted into your family ;) Awesome that you're getting great awesome responses from the adoption families!! One step closer!! Good luck tomorrow [even though I know you'll be great!!]

Wow, Tag!!!! Everything sounds like it is moving along smoothly. : ) What an incredible journey! Praying for you as your sweet family starts being presented to birth moms.

What an amazing story about the birth mom having another baby to give a sibling!!!! That's incredible!!!

Thanks everyone! The social worker confirmed because of my "due diligence" (over preparedness :rofl:) they will be able to complete our Home Study in 6 weeks time versus the 12 week time it typically takes. :rofl:

yee one step closer x

MUM140281 OH MY GOD! your profile pic!!! I love it.

In other news...LUCY turns 3 next week on June 3rd!!! I can hardly believe it. We have two days of birthday parties for her of course! :dohh:

That is awesome!!! So exciting!!

OMG I Can't believe Lucy will be 3 in a week! :shock:

Oh wow I can't believe Lucy is going to be 3 soon!

Thanks everyone! The social worker confirmed because of my "due diligence" (over preparedness :rofl:) they will be able to complete our Home Study in 6 weeks time versus the 12 week time it typically takes. :rofl:

You are so my hero! :rofl:

I can't believe it's tomorrow! This is rolling!

How are you feeling? <3

So Lucy's party theme is Skye from Paw Patrol. I will post pics of her over the top cake. And for new followers, we always do over the top parties for two reasons:

1. i didn't have birthday parties growing up (long story for another time) and I live vicariously through my children. :rofl:
2. We always use times for celebration for an excuse to have big parties :haha:

I am super excited that the home study will be done so quickly!!!

Of those that read our adoption profile, did you think the copy was over the top? I was trying to really put ourselves in the birthmother's shoes while trying to be ourselves.

Yay for the home study being done so quickly :dance:

Whoa 3 already? I love big celebrations, I hope party planning helps keep you busy in between waiting for the next step.

if that 6 week drop in overall time for this stuff to take place isn't inspirational enough, I don't know what is! I am so looking forward to seeing how well this goes for you.
Until then, enjoy your party planning!

oh, and that story about the parents of one adopted child wanting to have another free of charge?! man those adopters hit the lotto!

Three is so much fun! She's such a loved and lucky little girl.

I hear you on parenting 16 year olds. It is a different animal. Sounds like you and I are super lucky there though. I hear horror stories about other people's kids. Sydney & Hadleigh are really special.

A home study in half the time sure sounds awesome! I remember going through it when I was younger for my sister. I didn't understand then how grueling it must have bee for my parents. I just remember they wanted to talk to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->