My Results with Vitex! :)

Just wanted to share my experience with Vitex... I was on the pill for 10 years and went off it in September of 2012, had terrible cycles for a couple months so I took vitex in December and got pregnant in February of 2013. I truly think it helped me all the way. Infact now I am starting it again to bring my period back after having my baby in October and just wrapped up breastfeeding. Best of luck to all of you!!

Hi ladies. I am just doing more research on Vitex and came across this thread. :) I am taking a pretty low dosage of Agnus Castus (which I believe is the same as Vitex) and have been taking it for a couple of months. My main reason for trying it is to lengthen lp and improve progesterone levels (they were slightly low in early pregnancy which mc but do not think was a factor in the loss). Anyway I have asked in another thread about it when I first started taking it but was really interested to see a couple of success stories in this thread. I am in my tww now and I am wondering what I would do if I was lucky enough to get my bfp, do I stop the supplement, wean or continue? I have done loads of reading on it and the info is so conflicting. You ladies who got your bfp what did you do?

Sorry to gate crash but think it would be helpful for us all to know? Also for the reference I have notice slight changes this cycle taking it: Slightly longer af (which is short and light) and a slightly earlier ovulation. May or may not be the supplement. No side effects as such.

Thank you :flower:

hey hun good luck :dust: i plan to wean by the 12 week xx

I continued through my first trimester as well as another handful of gals in 2nd and 3rd tr..

I continued through my first trimester as well as another handful of gals in 2nd and 3rd tr..

Thank you Pandi, did you wean yourself off in the final weeks of first tri? It is really good to read a success story and to get some knowledge on how you used it. So much speculation online and can find very little 'professional' opinion. Was this the first time you had tried it? Sorry so may questions!

It will be interesting to see if any of us ladies here get lucky with it and useful to share experiences for others. :)

Thanks for your reply sethsmummy, goodluck! :dust:

I took vitex and got a bfp after 2 months - not sure if it was thanks to the vitex but I'm sure it helped! I was taking 1000mg per day.

I took it the whole cycle and I am now tapering off at nearly 8 weeks pregnant by taking 1000mg every other day (it Is impossible to break the pills in half or I would do that). I did not want to go cold turkey, and researched the risks vs. The benefits of this :)

I took vitex and got a bfp after 2 months - not sure if it was thanks to the vitex but I'm sure it helped! I was taking 1000mg per day.

I took it the whole cycle and I am now tapering off at nearly 8 weeks pregnant by taking 1000mg every other day (it Is impossible to break the pills in half or I would do that). I did not want to go cold turkey, and researched the risks vs. The benefits of this :)

Congrats! :) Again great people are sharing their stories here, glad I found this thread. I think if I am lucky enough to get bfp I will do what you ladies are doing. :)

Can anyone list what the risks are? Im sure that the benefit of continuing to take it mean less chance of m/c due to drop off of hormones, but what are the risks exactly?? I just started taking it this cycle and am also taking 1000mg per day!

If I am blessed enough to get my BFP I don't want to risk m/c by stopping abruptly, but I also don't want to risk the health of the baby?? Did anyone ask their DR about it??

Just curious!!

Thanks a million!!! :flower:

I also love reading the success stories!! :thumbup: Gives me hope!

:dust: to all!

Just seen this and decided to let u know after ttc for 2 years I tried vitex and 2 months later I got my bfp

Thank you Pandi, did you wean yourself off in the final weeks of first tri? It is really good to read a success story and to get some knowledge on how you used it. So much speculation online and can find very little 'professional' opinion. Was this the first time you had tried it? Sorry so may questions!

It will be interesting to see if any of us ladies here get lucky with it and useful to share experiences for others. :)

Thanks for your reply sethsmummy, goodluck! :dust:

Hey hun I cut my dose to every other day at week 12 through week 13 and then in half of that dose every other day for one more week. I actually had been on vitex for quite some time and started getting bfp's quickly but my luteal phase was so short to start with (8 days) that even vitex couldn't get it past 10 days and so I had many early losses where I got a bfp and then af came a couple days later :nope: I ended up using progesterone dream after O and got a sticky bean due next month..good luck!

Can anyone list what the risks are? Im sure that the benefit of continuing to take it mean less chance of m/c due to drop off of hormones, but what are the risks exactly?? I just started taking it this cycle and am also taking 1000mg per day!

If I am blessed enough to get my BFP I don't want to risk m/c by stopping abruptly, but I also don't want to risk the health of the baby?? Did anyone ask their DR about it??

Just curious!!

I also could find no specific risk listed...only advisories that no official studies have shown it's safety for use during pregnancy. I asked the midwife at our office and she advised me to continue through the first trimester as stopping it could disrupt the hormonal balance that contributed to the pregnancy in the first place. I think with vitex (and other herbal supplements) studies are very limited and the industry somewhat loosely regulated so doctors and published literature will always side on caution. Not to sound chippy but there's no money in selling a $5 bottle of herbs so pharmaceutical companies probably aren't standing in line to fund studies for vitex or Maca or any other easily accessible solution for women lol.

Just curious!!

I also could find no specific risk listed...only advisories that no official studies have shown it's safety for use during pregnancy. I asked the midwife at our office and she advised me to continue through the first trimester as stopping it could disrupt the hormonal balance that contributed to the pregnancy in the first place. I think with vitex (and other herbal supplements) studies are very limited and the industry somewhat loosely regulated so doctors and published literature will always side on caution. Not to sound chippy but there's no money in selling a $5 bottle of herbs so pharmaceutical companies probably aren't standing in line to fund studies for vitex or Maca or any other easily accessible solution for women lol.

That is kind of what I was thinking...not worth losing the baby over! And I always think that there are people who live their lives for months without knowing they are pregnant and probably partake in worse things than taking vitex and have normal happy healthy children.

And you don't sounds chippy at all lol I absolutely couldn't agree more!
America for you....JUST SAYING...healthcare is not the greatest here. And just fyi this is coming from a nurse! lol

Thank you for sharing!:flower:

It worked!! I got my BFP ladies. :D Iv attaches my 11/12dpo pics :dance: And i seriously put it down to the vitex. xx

Attachments

• 11DPO.jpg
    11DPO.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 12DPO.jpg
    12DPO.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 17
yeah im going to stay on the 2000mg till around 7 weeks then go down to 1000mg.. then try cut it in half if i can from 12 weeks and wean off completely x

yeah im going to stay on the 2000mg till around 7 weeks then go down to 1000mg.. then try cut it in half if i can from 12 weeks and wean off completely x

You can get a little gadget to cut tablets in half, Amazon have them :) x

oo awsome thanks hun ill have to have a look :thumbup: Id cut down to 1000mg now but id be scared it would cause a misscariage x

oo awsome thanks hun ill have to have a look :thumbup: Id cut down to 1000mg now but id be scared it would cause a misscariage x

Yeah I think when we talked about it on here most people seemed to think it is best to continue and wean and that is what the pregnant ladies have done. I think that is what I will do (if I get lucky), though I am taking a very low dose. It dawned on me the other day what will I do about maca and coq10 I am taking, I must do some research. Aw I am thrilled for you hun I really am, so exciting :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->