My unassisted roadside birth announcement! EDITED- photos!

PepsiChic

mummy of 2 boys!
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

At 39 weeks I was 4cm dilated and having mild contractions, but at 40 weeks I was still 4cm and hadnt had any contractions that day. My Obgyn did a sweep, and for the rest of the day nothing eventful happened.

The next morning I woke up at 6:30am and couldnt figure out why, my stomach was sore, but not tight. I heard my toddler over his baby monitor and figured that probably what woke me up. I got up, had a drink and checked on my toddler who had drifted back to sleep. It was now just past 7 am, I climbed back into bed and tried to get back to sleep....suddenly out of no where I was hit with a very painful contraction. I knew that today was going to be the day I finally got to hold my baby! :happydance:

I woke my husband and asked him to time them for me....7 minutes apart, lasting 30 seconds. My birth plan was for a natural hospital birth, the hospital was an hour away and the plan was to leave when the contractions were 3-4 minutes apart to minimize the time spent in the hospital.

My husband called his mother to let her know we'd be dropping off our toddler on the way to the hospital, I got his breakfast and diaper bag ready and decided to jump in the shower before packing my hospital bag. my toddler woke up at this point and it was roughly 7:45am.

so I got in the shower enjoying the hot water on my back, I stayed in there till the water ran cold, about 30 minutes. While in the shower I noticed I only had 1 contraction, so figured maybe things were going to slow down for a while.

How wrong was I....:haha: I sat on the floor to dress my toddler and suddenly had another contraction, it was strong and lasted a minute, the moment it ended another one came, I was trying to breath through it, while trying to get my husbands attention, I ended up just yelling for him which hurt a lot!

He came running into the living room and I told him to get the toddler in the truck we HAVE to leave RIGHT NOW as the contractions were coming on top of eachother and I was feeling pressure in my lower back. He strapped the toddler in the carseat minus socks and shoes, grabbed the things I was piling on the table to take with us and we left.

My MIL lives 5 minutes down the road, I was holding onto the handle above the door while trying to breath through contractions, the gravel road to my MILs house is on a hill, it has a LOT of pot holes, hitting one of the pot holes my waters broke gushing all over the towel I was sitting on. My husband jumped out the truck passed our son off to the in-laws jumped in the truck and we sped back up the hill.

By this point the pressure in my back was intense, I told my husband we wouldnt make it to the hospital we were registered at and we needed to get to the closest hospital. He drove down the exit ramp onto US HWY 21...5 minutes later, I yelled at him to pull over, this baby was coming now and there wasnt time.

My husband called 911 and informed them of the situation, the phone then died, I had pulled all my bottom half clothes off and my husband put my chair back. My body took over, my husbadn talked to me encouraging positive words, I didnt have to push my body did it for me, I felt the baby crowning and told my husband, I paused and panted for a while and then the head came out, I paused again before my body did the rest and our second son was born into my husbands arms. we wrapped him up in the receiving blanket we were suppose to be taking him home in, my husband also took his t-shirt off and wrapped it around him too. The ambulance pulled up along with 2 state troopers, a bunch of deputies and the county sheriff, they all amazed over the baby and took photos. Then the ambulance took me and the baby to the hospital, my husband followed in the truck.

The paradmedics scored his APGAR 10/10 at birth! his heart and lungs were clear and I didnt tear or graze.

28 hours later we're home! Connor was born on Jan 11th 2013, weighing 7lb 12.9oz, 20 inches in length, nursing and sleeping wonderfully.

It was one of the most surreal, exciting, scary things I have ever been through, and one of the most amazing and special moments I have ever had.

:cloud9:

Attachments

• DSC_8582.JPG
    DSC_8582.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC_8592.JPG
    DSC_8592.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 237
Wow that's fantastic, well done and congratulations!

Xx

such an eventful birth. congratulations on your little boy xx

That is spectacular! What a birth story, well done you!

What an amazing birth story!! Congrats! :happydance:

Omg, INCREDIBLE story!! You are such a strong woman, I can't believe it! You should be so proud of yourself!

Amazing story. You did so well. Congratulations, he's gorgeous.

Wow!!! Now that's an amazing birth story! Congrats!!

Congratulations!!!!! That is amazing and awesome thank you so much for sharing your story.

What a fabulous story! Well done you and many Congratulations! x

Wow what an amazing story! Congratulations!

I'm in my 2nd tri and I'm crying here at my desk after reading your story. Ugh!! Pot holes!!! Brutal! Your husband must have been freaking out. You both did amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->