Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

Very organised!!

Glad all your day time RSVPs are sorted out :) xx

The evening part is not including a meal, right?

:blush: Sorry!!! I never thought that weddings would be different lol... but they really are over there to over here! Anyhoo, long story short is I always feel bad asking to clarify something that I don't understand. :blush:

Chase 'em down with sticks!!! :haha: I still have a month and a half for our RSVP's to be due. Man, feels weird even saying that! So used to our weddings being SO SO SO far off!!!

I'm waiting on people to RSVP as well, and I have less than a month! Never mind, must not stress :)

Oooh and what are you going to use for your wedding make up? Urban Decay have started doing an Urban Bride kit which I am very tempted to get xx

Tiff, the evening part will have a finger buffet, which is cheaper per head than inviting everyone to the entire day, we can base those prices on round numbers rather than exact numbers (unlike the meal) so the RSVPS for that part arent quite so important :flower: I think it's quite common over here to have day invites and evening ones as it really does keep the costs down if you're having a wedding meal :thumbup:

Jen, that kit looks fab and really great value for money too! I may end up getting one for myself ;) I didnt want to get anything too fancy or expensive because I'm just not one for pricey makeup.. Collection 2000 is the kinda stuff I usually get :haha: So that whole Urban Decay make up kit for just over 20 quid is a real bargain :D

Yay for your auntie coming :)
Nik I meant to tell you... I asked for some ivory socks with red bows n silver danglies on it to be hand made.... she said she would ask the lady that made em and they would be ready for me to collect.... xXx

Omg thanks darlin!!! :hugs: Lemme know how much they are when the come in and I'll give you the cash :thumbup:

Morning lovely, just popping my head. Can't believe how fast the time is going for you, Twiggs and Tiff xxx

Morning sweetie :) I know! The time is just flying by now! When we first set the date, we had 6 months to go and those 3 months have just disappeared in a flash. I'm hoping it'll be the same for the next (just under) 3 months! x

I know, eh Boofs?

I remember seeing your ticker and wiiiiiiiiishing I was as close to my wedding as you were to yours! :haha:

Well I received the last of my RSVPs for the daytime today, the one from my aunt :happydance: Thank god that's out of the way lol!
Only had about half of them back from the evening guests but I'm pretty sure that most of them will be able to make it as we gave plenty of notice :)

Been out and bought a few little bits for my table plan, embellishments and such. Got some from Ebay (little miniature paper roses and calla lillies to match my flowers) and some ivory paper. Just need to get the red card and ivory card now and I can get cracking on that :D

12 weeks on Saturday! :happydance:

Just ordered all the bits n pieces for the kiddies busy bags... well, boxes ;) Hopefully there'll be enough to keep them occupied for at least 10 minutes during the speeches :haha:

oooh what did u put in? I've been wondering if i put in enough!

i have:

pot of bubbles
tambourine (will probably live to regret that one!)
small soft toy
crayons and a colouring book
couple of humzingers
bouncy ball with water and glitter inside

(bear in mind all the kids attending are at the most 2 and a bit years old. i do have a 9 year old girl too but ive put things like hello kitty stuff, lipglosses etc in hers!

and yay for getting all ur RSVPs back! its SUCH a load off, isn't it??

I reckon you've put enough in yours hun! What's a humzinger? :haha: How many kiddies do you have coming? Are you getting boxes for all the kids attending or just the ones during the day?

I've only got boxes for the 4 kiddies (2 of them are my flower girls ;)) coming to the ceremony and the meal and it's made it alot easier as I was able to "theme" each box .. the ones in the evening will be entertained by the music etc.. or I may get them a smaller version of busy boxes, not sure yet!

In the boxes for all 4 kids ....

Activity book with pencils/crayons
Stickers
Tattoos for the older ones
Catchable bubbles!
A water game
Magic wiper board
Jigsaws (Dino for the boy, princess for 2 of the girls, animal for Evie)
Sneaky Snake (plastic Jointed snake.. remember those?!?)
Animal board books in Evie's box
Wooden Dino/Animal kit in the older kiddies boxes
And finally some sweeties.. havent got those yet but cant get choccie for one of them as he's dairy intolerant so it'll probably stuff like fizzers, lollies etc. Evie will probably have a packet of Buttons in hers tho :)

Blimey that looks alot! But because I'm only doing 4 boxes, I was able to go a bit mad with them :rofl: I ordered some takeaway boxes with handles in red from Ebay and I'll print out some labels to put on the side to match our table plan :thumbup:

And yeah, I'm glad that the daytime RSVPs are out of the way now.. at least I have a definate number of people for the meal so I can let the hotel know now :D

i like the ideas for your childrens boxes. we have potentially 28 children coming to the evening bit, i am so stuck on what to do, i am not sure whether to just have a kids activity table with colouring etc, bubbles, flumps, haribo etc. The kids range from a few weeks old to 14!

Glad you all have your RSVPs back, we are just finishing our invites now to send out, and i am so eager to get them back i know i am going to be hanging by the door waiting for the postman!

x

28 kiddies! Wow! I like the sound of the activity table rather than individual boxes for that many children.. I think if we had more than 10 or 15 kids coming then I'd probably do the same thing hun!
The way I'm thinking is for the evening, the music and the lights do tend to keep children occupied anyways so I think I might just do smaller bags with a couple of little bits in for the evening kids :thumbup:

I reckon you've put enough in yours hun! What's a humzinger? :haha: How many kiddies do you have coming? Are you getting boxes for all the kids attending or just the ones during the day?

we arent having any extra evening guests, just the 50 ppl from the day. we have 4 including poppy, plus the older girl. i got these:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Childrens-Go...Occasions_ET&hash=item1c1bf485e2#ht_679wt_698

they are brill, but a little smaller than i expected so everything has been squished in. humzingers are little bars made from fruit, u can get them in tesco where the cereal bars are, they come in a box of 10 in 5 different flavours. i did put one personalised choccy in each, but thought these would be more appropriate than the rock sweets or more sugary stuff. i also have a diabetic 14 year old coming, and ive got her a box of diabetic chocs instead of the choccy and sweets.

if we had that many kids coming, theres this service here called wedding sitters who come and do loads of activities with the kids and keep them entertained and contained.

Ahh I looked at those boxes but decided to go with ones that match our table plan n menus.. I'm pretty creative and I've missed out on doing the favours (future SIL is doing those!) so I thought I'd get stuck in doing these instead!

I do like the idea of the fruit bars, good alternative to sweets :thumbup: Might steal that idea from you if you dont mind ;)

Oooo the Wedding Sitters eh? I'd definately have one of those, or some kind of children's entertainer if we had alot of kids coming.. I think in total we have about 10 children and that includes the 4 from during the day :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->