Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

Oooo alo sweetie :hi: Tis a fair amount of boring waffle I'm afraid, but grab yaself a coffee ;)

I dont think i can read through it all :rofl: I tried! I didnt realise Jay had MS! Well done for getting through everything you have!

Aww bless you hun, I'll forgive ya for not reading the whole thing... 51 pages is a wee bit too much :rofl:

Thank you :hugs: Jay was diagnosed in 2000 with MS (relapsing and remitting) and because of the type he has, most of the time he's not too bad (still in constant pain, trouble with his hands and legs) but he has relapses every couple of months that really knock the stuffing out of him and the trouble with those is that each relapse lasts a little longer and leaves behind a little more pain. If you were to look at him you wouldnt think he was ill which is kind of a good thing, and kind of a bad thing if you know what I mean lol!

Aw bless, well sounds like he has good support :)

Will try and find the important posts about your wedding to get me up to speed :haha:

Well claire you did say you were bored! Its only 500 posts? :tease:

Nix- have you done a checklist of stuff needing to be done still? Im meant to do one at 8 weeks before as thats when venue asks for confirmation of numbers, seating etc but I havent done it yet :blush:

Not that I was going to pinch yours or anything :blush: :-=

LOL Twigs! I'll get on that tonight but according to my quick checklist (just a rough one) I think pretty much everything is in hand now (apart from photoframe gifts for our parents) till August when I can get the flower girl shoes.

In the words of Arnie..

I'll be back

:rofl:

:rofl: I was bored hours ago when Ava was napping!Shes now still moaning for me in her bed :/ Im multitasking! :haha:

yes both of you get lists done please!

Done/Paid/Bought

Notice of Marraige cancelled and rebooked (and now given for a second time :haha:)
Registry office Cancelled
Registrar booked (£390 to pay)
Venue Booked and partly paid for (£1000 approx left to pay)
Venue times sorted
Menu provisionally sorted
Music sorted
Colour scheme sorted and hotel informed
Invites - ordered, printed and sent out
RSVPs - All for the meal received/Still need 5 of the evening ones back
Wedding Dress
Bridal Accessories
Groom's Suit
Groom's Accessories
Best Man's Accessories
Flowers and buttonholes
Bridesmaid Accessories
Bridesmaid shoes
Bridesmaid and Flower girl dresses
"Photographers" sorted (friends!)
"Chauffeur/car" sorted (friend)
Accomadation for guests booked
Top Table and Table decorations sorted - Venue provides flowers and we've bought something else too which needs some painting and embellishing ;)
My Wedding Ring
Jay's wedding ring
Wedding car ribbons
Busy Bags bought and packed
Place cards written
Elisha's, Evie's and Jessica's gifts bought
Table Plan - Done, just need to get a small one done for the co ordinator at the venue
My additional vows and personal touches for the ceremony chosen
Wedding Schedule (a rough one that is flexible!)
Wedding Reading printed out for Nikkinoonoo ;)

Still to Do/Get/Pay For

Registrar Fees (£390 - covered by money in our savings account)
Venue (About £1000 left to pay - covered by savings going into savings account between now and then lol)
Flower Girl's shoes and frilly socks
Gifts for the rest of wedding party
My wedding makeup
Wedding Undies/lingerie
Meeting with the Registrar about the ceremony - Still waiting for an appointment
Lose some More weight!
Need to make a Menu board to put up where my table plan will be so everyone knows what they'll be eating - Cant do this till we confirm exactly is on the menu ;)

In Progress and out of my control :)haha:)

Cakes
Favours
(These are both out of my control as my future MIL and SIL are sorting these out!)
Groom's Speech (altho he's running it by me cos he wants to know it sounds ok!)

LOL Twigs! I'll get on that tonight but according to my quick checklist (just a rough one) I think pretty much everything is in hand now (apart from photoframe gifts for our parents) till August when I can get the flower girl shoes.

In the words of Arnie..

I'll be back

Nik Jessie's new foot is a 10 but it's tight and I have to shoehorn her shoes on..So I would guess that by the wedding she will be still a 10 ... but it is possible she could shoot up to an 11 on the other foot?

To anyone reading that doesn't know me my daughter wears a prosthetic leg as she had an amputation at 13 months due to Fibular Hemimelia, and had recently received a new prosthetic :)

:sulk: err Mynx- that doesn't give you the right to just dissapear just because you cant do anything until august! Your staying right where you are missy- forum wouldn't be the same without you!:friends::awww:

In the words of Arnie..

I'll be back

Nik Jessie's new foot is a 10 but it's tight and I have to shoehorn her shoes on..So I would guess that by the wedding she will be still a 10 ... but it is possible she could shoot up to an 11 on the other foot?

To anyone reading that doesn't know me my daughter wears a prosthetic leg as she had an amputation at 13 months due to Fibular Hemimelia, and had recently received a new prosthetic :)

what a brave girly! :flower:

In the words of Arnie..

I'll be back

Dont worry Nik, I'll wait to get the shoes till August, it's not a problem :thumbup: It'll give me something weddingy to do in that month :haha: I'd like to get the girls matching shoes if possible... not sure wether to go down the sandals route or the smart, ivory patent way? What do you reckon Nik? x

HB.. I wont be going anywhere, you're stuck with me till at least September :haha: I'll be hanging around the bridal parts for a while after too I reckon as I really enjoy reading about weddings and everyone's plans :D

In the words of Arnie..

I'll be back

what a brave girly! :flower:

HB, she really is! She's an inspiration as she's overcome so much and taken everything in her stride (scuse the pun!) Just goes to show how resiliant kids are!

In the words of Arnie..

I'll be back

Dont worry Nik, I'll wait to get the shoes till August, it's not a problem :thumbup: It'll give me something weddingy to do in that month :haha: I'd like to get the girls matching shoes if possible... not sure wether to go down the sandals route or the smart, ivory patent way? What do you reckon Nik? x

HB.. I wont be going anywhere, you're stuck with me till at least September :haha: I'll be hanging around the bridal parts for a while after too I reckon as I really enjoy reading about weddings and everyone's plans :D

What about red patent?

Ooo actually, yes that would be nice ... would be the opposite of Elisha in her red dress and ivory shoes ... I like that idea Nik, thanks! :thumbup:

I have a confession to make (Nik knows all about this already having listened to me banging on about for the last couple of weeks! :haha:)

My china package is actually another wedding dress *hides*

Yes, that's another dress. Like I havent had enough dresses yet! This one will be no. 5 :rofl: but OMG it's gorgeous!

Dress no. 4 was another Tiffany Bridal dress but the next size up, and yes it fit much better but even for an ex display (which my other Tiffany dress is as well) it was in shocking condition with yellowed sequins, a rip in the underskirt and was pretty dirty, even tho they said it would be cleaned before being sent out! :grr: So I sent it back and I'm waiting on a refund for it.

The reason for my dress wobble is because my size 12 Tiffany Bridal dress is absolutely gorgeous.. I do truly love it! But it's a size 12 (not a true 12 either!) with a 27 inch waist ... I have absolutely no chance of getting that small! The last time my waist was that small, it was because I didnt have enough money to eat and lived on toast and cheese sarnies! So I started looking around again and came across what I hope is a beautiful dress! I'm hoping this will be delivered tomorrow so I'll take pics of it! (IF it arrives lol!) I've ordered it in my size and it has a 29.5inch waist and my waist is currently at 31.5 so I still have 2 inches to lose but I'm confident I can do it with no problems :thumbup:

Phew I'm glad I got that off me chest LOL! :rofl:

:hugs: so sorry about the other dress hun. hope the new one turns up tomorrow so we can have a nosey :D

I'm sure you can lose those inches :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->