Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

Oh hunny!!! :hugs:

See? That's the problem at times with having to order a dress so darn early!!! :hissy: It leaves too much time to have doubts, niggles and worries.

The one you ordered is beautiful! I'm sure it'll be in by the time the wedding comes, try it on and see what you think? Has the company gotten back to you?

No still no word from the company yet :( But they're 7 hours ahead of us in the UK which makes it 10pm over there atm so I've got no chance of a reply till at least the morning :(
It's just so frustrating because the delivery company says it's in Customs pending Verification, then they ask me for my phone number and I still havent had a phone call yet... I've tried ringing them myself but I've been round and round in circles trying to find the right department lol!

ahhhhhh i havent been well and have just caught up... can i just say i LOVE the one you've ordered!!! it's so beautiful!!!

What a pain :( It's shocking that they was told you got married last weekend and ur still chasing it up now, terrible customer service. You must keep it up and tell them how they ruined your wedding day especially AFTER you paid additional costs to get the express service! xXx

^ Exactly.

Might get a free dress out of the deal!

Just caught up on the dress saga!

I definitely agree that they should be looking at some kind of compensation if you told them you were getting married last weekend! Thats awful! It might be best to get the dress first and see if you like it before you think about a refund? Hopefully it will be so beautiful it will be worth all the stress!?

I can't believe you are on dress number 5 Mynx!!

x

Hah that would be nice Tiff! Certainly make up for all this crap!

Thanks Linds! I love it too, I just love the detailing and the fullness of it :cloud9:

Nik, it is absolutely terrible customer service! As you say, to be still chasing up it up days after I was "supposedly" getting married is disgusting!

Anyways, we have an update if you can believe it! I've just had a phone call from a company called Global Freight Ltd (I think that was their name!) about my parcel being at customs. They just wanted me to confirm how much the parcel is worth so I told them how much I'd paid in total and she said that was fine. I asked how long it would take from now and she said that it could take a couple of weeks :shock: as they're completing the customs checks on it. So at least I now know that the dress actually exists!! :happydance: My worst fear was that I'd been completely scammed and that there was no dress at all!

Just caught up on the dress saga!

I definitely agree that they should be looking at some kind of compensation if you told them you were getting married last weekend! Thats awful! It might be best to get the dress first and see if you like it before you think about a refund? Hopefully it will be so beautiful it will be worth all the stress!?

I can't believe you are on dress number 5 Mynx!!

x

I know :blush: But hopefully this will be the end to it all!

Nik what dress do you prefer the one ur waiting for or the other one you posted? x

Tough question!!
I look at the picture of the one I'm waiting for and think what a pain in the arse this dress has been lol! Then I look at the other one I posted and think oooo lovely!!! But that one is out of the question really lol! So I guess atm, I prefer the second one I posted, but only because this one has been such an arse pain!
Hopefully when it arrives I'll fall in love all over again!

Instead of thinking that it's been a bugger and 'cursed' maybe think that good things are worth waiting for.... Personally I would still give the company ear ache, arse ache and head ache over it but don't discount it because of that .... I would seek compensation and say that you have had to arrange a photographer at ADDITIONAL costs to you to retake some photos of you in the dress once you got it as you wasn't happy with ur photos from your 'actual wedding' as it was ruined by the fact you had to rush buy a suit the day before (or some bullcrap like that) but that way you keep the frock....

For what it's worth I prefer the arse pain frock..... just to be an arse pain myself lol xXx

You're totally right Nik, I know that once it arrives I'll be able to look it and say "you're worth it" I went all L'oreal there :haha: And yes, I'll be trying to claim back some kind of refund/compensation for the whole saga!
I've had another email from the shipping company (I'd emailed them after the phone call about verifying the value of the package) and they say that they apologise for the inconvenience, and they're working with the UK based company who have the parcel and trying to get it thru as quickly as possible... they say it could take a few working days, so fingers crossed!

I hope 5 is your lucky number lol!

Its good news that its on its way though, the best things come to those who wait (and those who choose 5 different wedding gowns lol)

x

It serves me right for not going down the more traditional bridal shop route :haha: Ah well, you live and learn eh!

Had an update on the delivery website... "Customs Info - Pending Verification" ... AGAIN!!! The update appeared this morning but was dated 27th June, which was the day before I got the phone call from Customs, so it seems the site is a little behind, so for all I know, the parcel could be on it's way to me :shrug: Let's hope so, I gotta try and keep positive in all this lol!

A thread by Lora Loo about petticoats got me thinking about the 4 hooped one I have .. I got that to go under my Tiffany gown which is quite heavy on the skirts so it would have been ideal, but I think the fabric on this new one I'm waiting on is lighter so I may not need so much structure... I think I'll have to wait till my dress comes before I decide wether I need a tulle or a hooped petticoat!

Anyways, how is everyone today? :hugs:

Hope they get their backsides into gear and get your dress to you soon :hugs:

I don't know much about petticoats at the moment :blush: Hopefully once the dress arrives it won't take long to decide what type of petticoat you'll need :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->