Mynx's Wedding Journal - *Woohoo I'm married!!!!*

Wahoo :) Not long for the hen night eh Cola :D
I wanna see my thing I'm reading too :) xXx

I'm really looking forward to the hen night Nik!! By then, there'll be 3 weeks to go and I'm hoping that pretty much everything will be done, my dress will be sorted so I can just let me hair down (so to speak!) and I can just blow off some steam!

You want me to copy and paste your reading to you in a FB message or on here? I've printed it out for ya so you can have it on paper for the day, I'm not expecting you to memorise it :haha:

Here tis :)

Today is a day you will always remember
The greatest in anyone’s life
You’ll start off the day just two people in love
And end it as Husband and Wife

It’s a brand new beginning the start of a journey
With moments to cherish and treasure
And although there’ll be time when you both disagree
These will surely be outweighed by pleasure

You’ll have heard many words of advice in the past
When the secrets of marriage were spoken
But you know that the answers lie hidden inside
Where the bond of true love lies unbroken

So live happy forever as lovers and friends
It’s the dawn of a new life for you
As you stand there together with love in your eyes
From the moment you both say ‘I do’

And with luck, all your hopes, and your dreams can be real
May success find its way to your hearts
Tomorrow can bring you the greatest of joys
But today is the day it all starts.

hope you don't mind me butting in :blush: that reading is lovely, I can see people needing hankies when it's read :cloud9:

It's so nice isnt it! I stole it from one of the ladies from here, I forget who now (sorry to whoever I nicked it from!) :blush:

gorgeous!!! wont be a dry eye in the house!!

Tis a lovely poem Nik :)

I'm sure it's not about the poem tho but the way that it's read :p
:rofl:
xXx

I'm pretty sure you'll have us all booin (not boo hiss but you know wot I mean!) by the time you've finished ;) Thanks darlin, we appreciate you doing the reading for us :) xXx

Spoke with my dad today. His health is deteriorating very slowly and it's looking less and less likely that he's going to be able to make it to the wedding :cry: He has an enlarged spleen, liver and heart problems so it's giving him problems with his blood. He's had a few transfusions over the last couple of months and is currently undergoing tests to find out what's up/what can be done. We wont find out for a few more weeks. To be perfectly honest, it seems like it's touch and go wether he'll actually be around, let alone able to attend :cry: So I'm feeling very low about it all right now :( Tis bad enough that I dont have my mum and brother around anymore, but I'm really hoping that I dont lose my dad too :cry:

If it turns out that he can be treated and it's just a case of he cant make it because of being too weak/poorly then that's not so bad.. we can set up a Skype call on my daughter's laptop so he can at least see the ceremony!

This week has not been a good one :(

:hugs: what terrible news. It always seems in times of happiness something has to go wrong. I hope your Dad will find some comfort in the time that is left and that you will still have enough support around you!

2011 will be a mix of emotions for us too with a death, marriage then birth. You know I'm here if you need to chat x

Aww nik sorry your daddy is poorly, I wish him the strength to make it to your wedding :hugs: xXx

oh hun :( :hugs: will keep everything crossed that something can be done and that he can see the ceremony at the very least.

am here if you need a chat hun :flower:

oh Nix. and theres me whinging about seeing a baby bump. I can't even imagine what you must be going through right now, my dad is my whole world. I really really hope his condition is treatable and he gets to see the ceremony, although the skype call is a brilliant idea!! just make sure theres someone on the other end who knows wat theyre doing! :hugs: will be thinking of u sweets.

Aww mynx huny :hugs:

So sorry to hear about your dads condition :nope: Keeping him in my thoughts, keep your chin up luv :hugs:

oh Nix. and theres me whinging about seeing a baby bump. I can't even imagine what you must be going through right now, my dad is my whole world. I really really hope his condition is treatable and he gets to see the ceremony, although the skype call is a brilliant idea!! just make sure theres someone on the other end who knows wat theyre doing! :hugs: will be thinking of u sweets.

Aww bless you darlin, you've been thru so much, tis no wonder a baby bump is gonna set you off :hugs: I wont pretend that I know how it feels to go thru what you have, I have no idea, but I know how it feels to lose someone close and it's absolute hell, so I have an inkling of the gut wrenching despair it leaves behind. Big hugs to you sweetie :hugs:

My mum and dad split up when I was 5 so he's not always been around.. let's just say that he was a complete git and always let me and my brother down when it came to taking us anywhere or coming to see us so it's taken a while for me to get past that and build a better relationship with him. But since losing my mum and my brother, I decided that life is far too short to hold a grudge, you just never know what's around the corner (especially as far as my brother was concerned) so I made more of an effort and so did my dad, so altho I've always been in contact with him thru my adult life, we've become alot closer over the last 5 years.

Thanks for the all your kind words girls, they mean alot to me :hugs:

Aww nik sorry your daddy is poorly, I wish him the strength to make it to your wedding :hugs: xXx

You and me both Nik!! If not I'll be carrying the lappy down the aisle instead of my bouquet, wiv him on Skype :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->