Nausea remedies...let's hear them

ProudArmyWife

2 Princesses & PG with #3
Reaction score
Anyone have any "tricks" they use to help ease the nausea?

I'm so nauseated basically all day long I'll try anything at this point :haha: I'm taking b6 like my midwife recommended and trying to eat small snacks all day but I still feel horrid.

So let's hear it ladies how are you coping?

The only thing that works for me is like you say, eating small regular snacks! An empty stomach seems to trigger it for me.

Also, eating more bland foods seem to help. Things like chocolate and rich or fatty foods definitely make it worse. And I have to eat slowly!

I'm on anti sick tabs for hg but I'm still nauseaus and sick a few times. I eat regularly even when I don't want to and try to eat stodge. Dry toast. Mash. Gerkins help with the extra saliva too.

My understanding of ms is you will feel sick when your blood sugar gets low or spikes & dives. The high HCG levels make us more sensitive to sugar. So eating small snacks always with complex carbs and protein will help raise & sustain blood sugars but not spike them giving you crashes an hour later. I don't really have ms but my fav snacks are salty nuts, plain greek yoghurt (reg fruity yogurt has HEAPS of sugar), turkey jerky, avacado, cheese, hummus/tatziki & crackers/sweet peas/carrots, popcorn with hemp hearts (high protein source to wven out the carbs of popcorn), peanut butter sandwich.

High carb sugary foods like plain crackers, chocolate, chips, fruit will spike your blood sugar making you tank an hour layer & feel sick. So if you have a fruit with a small hanful of nuts, the fat & protein in the nuts will even out the spike in blood sugar from the fruit. It raises your bliid sugar getting you out if the dip that makes you feel sick but it won't throw you into a spike which would quickly dump you back into that low blood sugar zone an hour late.

Magnesium is also meant to curb ms, it also helps you sleep, prevents restless legs at night, and soothes sore muscles.

Salt and vinegar chrisps, i have no logic behind it but for me, it works lol

What helped me was drinking lemonade, it really took the edge off :thumbup:

Eating something dry can be good too. In Denmark we have something called "crispbread" and I bought one of the healthier versions which was good.

I also tried those sea sickness bands and they were also pretty helpful but they do tend to hurt a bit once you've had them on for longer than a few hours (the ones I had anyway).

I find if I have snacks with lots of protein in them, I can feel fine throughout the day. If I go to work unprepared and nausea hits, I wear sea bands and take emetrol (which by the way is the thickest most awful tasting stuff ever, just a warning!). Preggie pop drops worked well for me last time, but this time while they still work, I find their large size is really hard to handle this time before they shrink after being in your mouth for a bit. I can't wait for second tri when I hopefully won't have to deal with nausea anymore. It hit earlier this time for me than last pregnancy and hopefully it will leave sooner too, but I'm not feeling positive about that. :(

lemonade
flat coke
sea bands
citrus smells calmed my nausea

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! Will def try some of them. I had to take one of the meds prescribed by my doctor today as I could barely function but I'm gonna give some of these other remedies a shot as I would rather not take meds. Fingers crossed I can find something that works :thumbup:

My go to.....
Any type of snack because nausea comes on for me when hungry
Failing that...

Cooked chicken breast.

Soda water

Peppermint tea or a peppermint mint

With my last two pregnancies, I swore by peppermints. I haven't experienced morning sickness yet with this one, but I'm only four weeks.

No advice but I'm watching this one as I feel terrible at the moment😞

Doc put me on tablets but I feel worse on them. X

25 mg of vitamin b6 at bed time
25mg of vitamin b6 when you wake up :)
It worked wonders for me 😘 Hope you guys are feeling better soon

25 mg of vitamin b6 at bed time
25mg of vitamin b6 when you wake up :)
It worked wonders for me 😘 Hope you guys are feeling better soon

I had acupuncture yesterday for this awful pregnancy nausea. Last night I felt worse but today I feel very slightly better. Hoping to continue to improve but if not will go back to the docs to try another medication. The antihistamine just makes me feel worse. ](*,)

Look up acupressure points on the hands online there are pressure points on and around the hand that help with nausea apparently. Probably the same points that seabands press against!

I have not had it too bad this time and with DD I had it for 8.5 months so feeling sick and being sick since then has never bothered me (Weird eh?)

I have been told that bananas are good to have. The other thing is fresh ginger in a cup with hot water to sip. I have found this quite good to have.

Good luck

With my DD I had it bad and sea bands really worked for me, but I agree that they can start to hurt after wearing them for a few hours. However, I found the slight pain of the bands easier to take than the nausea so I kept them on lol.

Also, mint lifesavers worked great and almost instantly.

This time around I hasn't been as bad and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->