Nearly 8 weeks - safe to colour hair?

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I don't colour my hair often - every 2-3 months - and really need a hair colour. I am brunette so it doesn't need to be on longer than 25 mins. Do you think it would be safe?

I'm having mine done next weekend
It's not been done for 3 months and can't last any longer esp as I'm due to go away next Monday for my Ohs birthday for a holiday.
I dyed my hair when pregnant with my son, and mw said just try to avoid getting on scalp so doesn't get absorbed into your body

I googled and searched posts on this and in the end i asked my hairdresser. She said it is fine to dye hair brunette colour (black apparently isn't good due to something in the pigment) She recommended getting ammonia free dye as the fumes are the bit that's not good - but if not then do it in a well ventilated room. I did mine on Thursday at nearly 9 weeks as i couldn't go any longer without it looking such a mess - i went grey at 15 years old! Feels so much better now my hair is done - i did plan on waiting til 2nd tri - but just couldn't put it off! lol

Well, I did it in a well ventilated room and sat outside waiting for the time to pass. Well, it didn't come out as dark as it should, but guess that's due to the hormones. It does look better and hope it will last until well into 2nd tri so I can do it properly at a hairsalon.

I'm getting mine done next week, had it done lots in my last pregnancy and my hairdresser said it was fine :)

I had mine done on Thursday. I went grey early too so not dying it wasn't an option for me ;) I dyed my hair throughout my last pregnancy and was fine x

I have bleach put directly on my roots and last pregnancy continued to do so throughout. I will this time too...although waiting for the morning sickness to pass first. Hairdressers work throughout their pregnancies and fumes etc don't harm their babies. Hair dyes are different now. Enjoy a trip to the hairdressers and relax xx

I like to get someone to do it or only use a semi perm dye when pregnant but I kept colouring my hair through all my pregnancies except one and that was only because i was growing out the colour I had in before

I dyed my hair with my last pregnancy and everything was fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"