Need a lil assurance that things are going be okay... just a hug please!

Yazz_n_bump

Me, Fiancé & Jack! :)
Reaction score
Just a ramble.

I got myself into debt with o2, haha. Brilliant timing right? :thumbup: I apparently owe £600 by 2nd Feb, nice one Yazz!

I go on maternity leave tomorrow and start SMP in two weeks.. which I still don't know how much I'm going to get paid for.. :dohh:

We're meant to be moving in two weeks again.. but half of me wants to delay it till 28th Feb so we can start proper like a WHOLE month worth of bills rather than 2 weeks worth and get screwed over with money.
But then I'll be like nearly 37 weeks preg!! :cry:

I'm so stressed out and feeling very sad, hugs please.

I'm scared of being a mum too, and not having enough money, and blarrggggg, I need a hug.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

everything will work out fine.. O2 can go jump, it is an unsecured debt so they actually cannot do anything worse than black mark your credit rating.. have you spoken to them and explained the situation you could agree a credit plan wher eyou pay thenm £10 a month or something like that.. (any momney to them is better than none!!) i used to be £25k in debt thanks to an ex, taken me 6 years to pay it off but i know that phone companies cannot do squat!!

As for moving house i do think that maybe moving at end of month would be better but either way you still got both lots of bills to pay.. when do you go on maternity?

everything will work out fine.. O2 can go jump, it is an unsecured debt so they actually cannot do anything worse than black mark your credit rating.. have you spoken to them and explained the situation you could agree a credit plan wher eyou pay thenm £10 a month or something like that.. (any momney to them is better than none!!) i used to be £25k in debt thanks to an ex, taken me 6 years to pay it off but i know that phone companies cannot do squat!!

As for moving house i do think that maybe moving at end of month would be better but either way you still got both lots of bills to pay.. when do you go on maternity?

Really?! Are you sure the debt collectors can't come round and jack my stuff, thats what I'm most scared about as i'm at my parents house and they have lots of expensive things... :dohh:
I've rang o2 but they are telling me to talk to the debt collectors who are closed (sods law) till Monday. I could easily do £10 a month without worrying or even £20, I know citizens advice help with credit plans so I will ring them Monday and see what I can do. Just means me and OH will have to go without luxuries but I mean we can do it, we've struggled before with money and then got better so we can do it again.
You managed to pay off £25,000 in 6 years? thats amazing! And thank you for the kind words makes me a little happy knowing they can't do much other than give me a black mark against my name.. :happydance:

I agree moving at the end of the month would be easier, as we want our bills to go out on the 28th of every month... rather than the 14th as OH gets paid the 21st of every month and it'd make a lot of sense. I'm gonna be 37 weeks preg, I think i must be mad. :dohh:
I go on maternity leave tomorrow! I have two weeks hoilday and then go on SMP I just don't know how much SMP i'm gonna get cos my boss has been on hoilday and won't be back till Monday. :dohh:

awww dont get yourself stressed out its not wirth it. Like above poster says, they cant do anything apart from put a black marker against your name but then in future it will effect your credit rating BUT if you agree a a repayment fee with them, like £10 a month or whatever you can afford then im sure that the black marker wont go against your credit rating for future credits.

As for being worried about money when your LO arrives..... as long as your LO is fed and loved then nothing else matters. At the end of the day, people spend what they have got... if you have a £1 to your name you will spend it... if you have £1million to your name you will spend it. Stop worrying yourself, im sure you are going to be the best mum your LO could ever wish for xx

*hugs* don't worry, like the others said, they can't do much, just put a black mark against your credit rating and if you set up a payment plan then they shouldn't do that. Don't worry about debt collectors coming to take your stuff! Even if O2 could send in debt collectors, debt collectors can't do squat unless you let them in your house.

i have just been in debt £200 with RBS and £200 with o2..
irang up and explaind how i could not pay it off being a young single mum to be
shey did me a deal where i pay the first three months off and then do three months at a time untill im paid off!
so the begining ofthis week i managed to pay RBS and o2 off :D it can be done chicken,,
RBS took me to a debt collecter thing and they give you so long to pay t off before they black mark your name, but you can write a letter to explain. so now all paid off they have just told me can never open an account with RBS again so santander have took me on, and im debt free
soo keep your chin up and within time it wil be sorted :) xxx

You're not alone, I'm juggling money at the moment too:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Really?! Are you sure the debt collectors can't come round and jack my stuff, thats what I'm most scared about as i'm at my parents house and they have lots of expensive things... :dohh:
I've rang o2 but they are telling me to talk to the debt collectors who are closed (sods law) till Monday. I could easily do £10 a month without worrying or even £20, I know citizens advice help with credit plans so I will ring them Monday and see what I can do. Just means me and OH will have to go without luxuries but I mean we can do it, we've struggled before with money and then got better so we can do it again.
You managed to pay off £25,000 in 6 years? thats amazing! And thank you for the kind words makes me a little happy knowing they can't do much other than give me a black mark against my name.. :happydance:

I agree moving at the end of the month would be easier, as we want our bills to go out on the 28th of every month... rather than the 14th as OH gets paid the 21st of every month and it'd make a lot of sense. I'm gonna be 37 weeks preg, I think i must be mad. :dohh:
I go on maternity leave tomorrow! I have two weeks hoilday and then go on SMP I just don't know how much SMP i'm gonna get cos my boss has been on hoilday and won't be back till Monday. :dohh:

they cannot come round as it is an unsecured debt, unlike a mortgage they have given you credit based on your credit rating not based on security (like house) if that makes sense.. debt collection companies are actually easier to deal with as they have bought the debt off O2 so any money they can collect from you is better than they would be getting if you didnt pay :) i wouldnt personally bother with citizans advise, if it is only 1 company that you owe money to i would deal with them direct... the worst thing you can do is ignore them!! i learnt that the hard way!!!! the other thing is that even if you pay them £1 a month and they try to take you to court (which they wont bother) the courts would side with you because you were paying them something!! :haha: none of the companies that i owed money too, took me to court so i wouldn t worry about that, all i wwould say is that make sure you can afford to pay them what you offer, if there is possibilty that you may struggle to pay them £10 per month then offer £5, bear in mind that when LO comes that £5 could be difference in price of nappies or formula?? something is better than nothing

I Was very lucky none of my debt was secured it was all credit cards, phones and loans all unsecured.. the worst thing they did to me was issue a default notice which just goes against my credit rating thats all!! and that was for £25k worth of debt!!!

It was a hard 6 years, but am now in a situation where i can enjoy money again.. maybe a bit more cautiously now though :shrug:

it is not worth stressing yourself about or leaving yourself short of money to pay these people off... they can wait....

can you put money into another account to pay the bills with, i have same issue that i get paid on 20th yet my bills dont come out my bank til the 10th, so i tranfer money into a 2nd account and then tranfer it back on the 9th.. pain in arse but only way i could make sure i dont spend bill money!!!:thumbup:

just for your info, even if your debt was secured debt, they could only take items BELONGING TO YOU!! not your parents, i lived at my dads whilst in debt and was alwasy worried bout that too but they cannot touch your parents stuff :happydance:

Hi - not read thru all posts so soz if repeating but if you phone consumer credit counsellign service they will give u great advice. we've been there and they can even sort getting company off back etc. they r fab. they r charity and completyl impartial. if u google them and give them a buzz, sure they will help u heaps and take away soem of the stress.
big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->