need advice. please don't judge.

stomp110

Reaction score
What would you do in my situation. Please only reply if your going to be helpfull..

Im 21, i have a 23 month old little girl and im pregnant with my second. I have recently split from my partner.

I work 16 hours a week and have been with the same employer since April 2010.

What help would i get if i worked more,
What help would i get if i worked 10 hours a week
And what help would i get if i didn't work at all?

I get paid £450 every 4 weeks from my wages

Go on the entitled to website and use the calculator for each of this scenarios, it's not dead perfect, but it will give you a rough idea of the difference

I would phone your local advice line for employment, you'll get more accurate result that way and also might get something that you are now single? Good luck :) x

When I whas my 1st I got SMP and a year later I was pregnant not working and single. If I would have known then I would have stayed working so I'd get SMP the second time around and a job to go back to if you want it. SMP is not great but a little better than income support and you get working tax credits.

I would do like the other ladies said and check out entitledto.com to work out the figures as that's what I've done in the past.

From what I understand some of the people who benefit most are those that work 16 hours a week because of working tax credits, I think you would get the least help if you worked 10 hours but I could be wrong. I think as well as money you need to think about what you want long term, removing yourself from he job market can be more of a financial loss in the long term than the benefit gain in the short term, not to mention your morale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->