Need help pleaseee! x

Gemstar785

Growing A May Bumpyy! x
Reaction score
ok so i am 23 weeks pregnant and 17 years old. For the most part of my pregnancy I have had no money due to living with my mum and not being able to claim job seekers. I don't want to have to claim but I can't find work. I was wondering if anyone knew when I will be able to claim some money because I am soooo worried about it all and confused. If anyone know anything about income support it would be greatly appreciated as I can't seem to find anything on directgov about teen pregnancy and benefits. thank you x

if you go on to direct gov hun you should be able to fill in like an online application about yourself to see what your entitled too
x

I think its only if you're a single parent after 28/9 weeks you can claim income support. If you can't claim yourself maybe your mum will be able to claim for you? Does your partner work? If he is over 18, and not working either he can claim Jobseekers and put you both on as a joint claim even though you're under 18. HTH :hugs:

Thank you girls. My partner is claiming aswell but we don't live together so apparently it can't be made into a joint claim, also if we joint claim I KNOW that because his mmum has his bank card my money would go towards his insurance every month (which she takes out of there and he doesn't get enough for) so it would just be a right pain to claim with him and wouldn't really be worth it. If only I were a couple of months older, there wouldn't be this problem lol! thanks again xxx

I would call them up and explain you don't live with him and see if they'll put you on IS then xx

I think you should be entitles to income support after 29 weeks and up to 15 weeks after the baby is born . Ring the job center and get an appointment with an under 18 s ad visor . We tried for ages to get some money as before Oscar was born my OH was struggling to get a job . luckily now he is working . Anyway we got told constantly nothing they could do for us because of my age ect but eventually someone advised us to see this under 18s adviser and everything got sorted xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->