Need idea's for rainbow theme birthday party

Iveneverseen

Reaction score
Hi There, It's my eldest's 10th birthday party at the end of april and I have booked her venue.

she has decided she wants a rainbow themed birthday party.
we will be having rainbow decorations, cake & cupcakes, and sweetie/candy buffet.

The place where the party will be held only allows you to go 10mins before the party starts to decorate, so wont have long to decorate.

I plan to just get rainbow coloured tablecloths, balloons, banners, and tablewear (plates, napkins, cups) to decorate.

we will have 3-4 tables for sitting eating food
and another 1 or 2 tables for her candy buffet and where her cake and cupcakes will be set up.

Now what I need help with is...

best place to get rainbow coloured decorations in uk?

things than use to jazz up tables that's rainbow coloured and doesn't take long to set up?

Rainbow coloured sweets for the candy buffet?

Games that is suitable for 10year olds?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?kw=...056088.m2428.l2632.R2.TR4.TRC1.Xrainbow+decor

love the rainbow dust straws.
could do big bowls of multicoloured gummy bears, theres those haribo rainbow coloured pencils..
Marshmallow icecreams with those hundreds and thousands.

Idk about games though!

Hope she has a lovely time :D

I saw stuff on asda (walmart) that are rainbow coloured party stuff with stars and reads happy birthday.

I forgot about gummy bears.

The sweets I thought of are

Skittles, smarties, rainbow dust, rainbow drops.

M&Ms, love hearts, flying saucers, those fizzy rainbow belts (can definitely get then from Morrisons? xxx

for games what about "rainbow" Limbo. Pin raindrops on the rainbow.

Great theme idea!

You could make fruit kebabs in the order of the rainbow.

A good game to play is 'Taste the rainbow' put a bowl of skittles in the center of a table and give each guest a plastic cup and a straw and they have to get as many skittles from the bowl to the cup by sucking up the skittles with the straw in a certain amount of time (you decide). You could also use chopsticks :)

You could get some rainbow baloons and play pass the balloon, have two lines of guests and they have to pass the balloon down the line using only their knees.

Cover a table with a big piece of paper and have a pot of different coloured crayons and get thr guests to write messages or draw pictures for yoir DD for her birthday that she can keep.

X

A friend of mine is planning the same theme for her daughter's 1st birthday.

Make different colored ice cubes using food coloring. Stack 1-2 cubes of each color in each glass & pour in sprite (or water, but a clear liquid would work best for effect).

Maybe organize a bingo game, using pictures that are each color (red apples, yellow suns, green leaves, etc).... give each kid a cup of skittles to use as markers?

Little coloring books and a small box of crayons for favors.

For the candy buffet it could be fun to do a few bowls of different types of red gummies and other sweets, then a few bowls of different types of orange ones, and etc down the rainbow! Love the idea of a rainbow party :)

I think Tesco does a rainbow coloured horse type pineta (think that's spelt wrong!) thing.

How about making rainbow coloured jelly? Though I'm not sure they come in all rainbow colours. But you could have clear jelly (not sure about the taste) and add food colouring. I don't know if it would work, but you could make them in plastic cups and as the one layer sets, pour on a little of the next. I guess you could do it with cool water rather than boiling though, and set it in the fridge. Or, just a thought, clear jelly with a rainbow made of fruit set in it?

Rainbow coloured paper chains? And when you hang them up, they'd look like an upside down rainbow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->