need to loose 42lbs anyone want to join me?

karla1

proud mummy of 1
Reaction score
hi ladies

well over the last 3 years i have lost a massive 9 stone but FS has told me that if it gets to the point where we need iui or IVF or maybe even clomid i need to have a bmi of 27 so i need to loose 3 stone (42lbs). i am sure there are other ladies on here that need to loose some extra weight to help in the baby making process and i also know it can be very hard without any extra support so doesnt matter if you have 2lb or 200lbs to loose you are all very welcome to join me in the quest of becoming a yummy mummy

karla x

*raises hand*
I've never been skinny, but after puberty got quite chunky. Since I was 13, I've dieted on and off, and seen over 100lbs come and go.
Most recently, I had thyroid cancer, resulting in a total thyroidectomy. Shortly after, I gained 40lbs...within a few months. It was ridiculous.
I finally started the fight again, and lost 30lbs since January 1st this year. I'm using Weight Watchers.
Currently, my BMI is down to where my former RE had said I needed to be before getting pregnant would be ideal. Yay!
I'm still afraid, since I have a belly, of being pregnant and not looking it. :(

I'm in!

I lost around 9-10 stone but stopped after that as I am happy with my body - however, like you I am on the road to clomid and need to drop another 3 stone. It's certainly a good motivator.

Wow you lost 9 stone! That's amazing!

I need to lose 2 stone to be 'healthy'

looks like so far its just me and you then kahluacupcake

i know from speaking to others on here that there are more people wanting to loose a little weight maybe they will join us later

if i can loose 2.5lbs per week (which i know means being REALLY good) then i will have lost it by my next FS appointment 26th july

I went to the doctors yesterday, Im on my 6 month of trying and im over weight.. the doctor has given me orlistat... (it melts the fat) and takes it out of your body...

glad to see we have 2 more takers

and wow amazing to here of your weight loss already kate84 go you!

I went to the doctors yesterday, Im on my 6 month of trying and im over weight.. the doctor has given me orlistat... (it melts the fat) and takes it out of your body...

hi and thanks for joining us i have had orlistat as well it really does help good luck and keep us posted

i dont know the translation stone/ pounds, but i lost sixty pounds...not money lol...(cheesy american humor) and got pregnant NATURALLY but had a m/c at 13wks. i am still overweight and i got clomid for myself, because they say it doesnt work with women whose bmis are over 27 ... ithink??? anyways IT WORKED i am not sure if i am pregnant or not, but I DEFINETLY OVULATED on 100mg. and while you are waiting for clomid you should try soy isoflavones... i would have tried it, being that its cheaper and not a prescribtion but i did not about it until i already had the cloimd

hi and thanks for joining us i have had orlistat as well it really does help good luck and keep us posted

I know shifting the weight will help us :) but i did not affect my last pregnancy.. I have been trying for 6 months now tho, so I must try and loose some.. I had a subway tuna salade for my lunch today.. was lovely and they are massive so filling xx

Never heard of weight being talked about in "stones"? Hmm.. I'm new to that, but I'll def. join you! It's always nice to have someone to talk to about it. .having someone that understands, and the support. Been dieting what seems like my whole life.. been fit, then chunky. For a long time, not I'm @ the highest I've ever been. And it makes it hard for a lot of reasons. Best of luck, and let us both reach our weight dreams!:) OH AND BABY DREAMS of course hehe

60lbs is just over 4 stone thats a great weight loss

and as for this magic BMI of 27 if only people that had than bmi got pregnant and had healthy babies pretty sure the human population would be in a whole heap of trouble were FS/docs get these numbers from does sometimes make me think!

I see enough very, very large girls and women who are pregnant to know that it doesn't always have to do with weight. Sure, if you're 350lbs and want to have a baby, then you should definitely do something about that weight before you even think of getting pregnant. But being even 50lbs overweight doesn't seek to normally affect a healthy, young woman's ability to conceive.

well i would love to stay and chat a bit longer but i suppose i really should get my fat arse on that cross trainer if i am not to knackered to even type later i will see you all then lol x

well i have done 30 mins on my cross trainer (i swear i nearly died) and now am celebrating my good luck with a cheeky glass of wine:wine: small treats are ok if in moderation :blush:

i weigh in every wednesday and i am going to post my results loss, gain, or stay the same and hope you ladies will join me x

ME, ME! I need to loose at least 40 pounds! I would love to!

My only problem is, I am not motivated enough! :( I don't have any friends to exercise with, so its just ME and that gets boring. Gah!

I am doing much better with my eating- I just need to cut the portion size down! :)

So where do I sign up? ;)

Count me in! I NEED to drop 10 kilos, but ideally WANT to drop 20. First one with kilos here, huh?? ;) I was doing pretty well at least maintaining the weight in the last 2 months, but I got the second cold in a month time and I always eat more when I'm sick. I don't know, food just doesn't taste as good, so I compensate with quantity and salty spicy sugary things. And not to mention, I always feel weak when I'm sick and confuse that with hunger as well. So yeah, added a kilo in a matter of days, yikes. So I really really need to get started!

Can I join you girls to please!! I need to lose about 3 stone to get to my wedding weight again. Only been married 2 years!! I put on over a stone in november after my miscarriage so need to get healthy and get pregnant LOL. Hoping to join us girls for some motivation xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->