need to loose 42lbs anyone want to join me?

sounds like a great idea kate as from tomoz whatever passes my lips i will post just before bedtime (hopefully it will also shame me into being good lol)

lovie, mini eggs is a great idea.

Karla I know what you mean about it seeming to take longer to make a sandwich. Mind you, healthy things always seem to take longer for me to eat too - I swear eating my brocoli took up an hour today (I think it was actually 5 minutes though)

Would anybody be interested in doing a sort of food/exercise diary as a group? We could compare what we are all eating and doing on a daily basis and see what is working for who - if we share the results as we go, I think it'd be a great way of spreading tips.

I think this is a great idea! I would love to hear others ideas. Can we stay here or do we maybe need a thread in the groups/discussions board?

I'm in, have exactly 3 stone / 42 lb to lose. I will be generally cutting down on processed carbs and any sugar.

Think this could be a really good thread, we can motivate eachother. My main problem is having binges every so often, my actual food isn't too bad (brilliant when I put my mind to it in fact) it's the binges that are causing my problems I think .

If Karla is ok with it all going here, I'll start on here with yesterdays diary for me.

First of all, I am going to tell you all the shocking truth about what I weigh (and pray my husband never finds this!).

My weight when I started this new lifestyle last Thursday was....

17st 2 pounds at 6ft tall. Yes I know, heavy huh? In my defence, I used to be 27 stone and managed to lose 10 stone, but then I got to my current weight and a size 18 and liked the way I looked and didn't lose anymore. Now I am back on the wagon aiming for a 3 stone loss.

So, yesterday -

Breakfast - Bowl of All bran with a teaspoon of sugar and semi skimmed milk

Lunch - Grilled bacon and scrambled eggs with spinach

Dinner - Brocoli, spinach and lamb grill

Snacks - Apple, Orange, 2 squares of bournville chocolate and a cup of hot chocolate at bedtime.

Total Calories - 1250

Exercise - 30 minute walk around the park, 30 minutes swimming.

I'm in, I went to the doctor today and found out I weighted 160lbs...not good, not good at all. I'm at my heaviest and need to lose at least 40lbs for my October wedding and to increase my chances of getting pregnant on the honeymoon (always been my dream).

The support from you ladies will help keep me on track. Now if only I could figure out why my period stops when I go off the pill, I'll be golden.

Happy weight loss everyone!

Good Morning Ladies! (At least morning for me :))

I read Jilian Michael's Master Your Metobolism, so that's what I'm trying to stick with right now...really focuses on eating whole foods, and cutting out processed things. It really helps to balance out your hormones, which is obviously what I need with my whacky cycles. You don't have to count calories, which I like, but I think it's going to be tough for me to not eat sugar...that's definitely my weak point, but I'm trying to remember I want a baby, not ice cream! I think I'm going to try the dark chocolate in the freezer trick, I think that's ok for me to have, as long as it doesn't have added sugar.

Here is my yesterday:
Breakfast: 1 slice of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread, 1 egg
Lunch: Large salad with tuna, raspberries, strawberries, 1 cup greek yogurt
Snack: Carrot sticks, celery, hummus
Dinner: Chili with ground turkey

Realized I was a little hungry yesterday by the time lunch rolled around, so bumped up my breakfast to 2 slices of my favorite bread :)

no i dont mind at all kate think it would be good to put it on here to keep us all motivated

in the intrest of sticking together and support here are my shocking stats

i am 6'4" tall and as of last wednesday weighed 15st9lb
like kate i used to be a lot bigger at at my biggest was 24st 8lbs i am currently a size 18
i have 42lbs to loose and would be more than a little happy to be a size 14

i will update with my food diary before bedtime tonight

p.s hoping for a good weight loss this week as tomorrow i came down with a really bad cold and throat is killing so eating is not top of my list of things to do at the moment!!!

hello all :flower:

so today I went to weight watchers! it was a little confusing as it was in swedish, but i understood enough to get weighed and fill in my forms, my weight was 95.5 KG, (211 pounds) I thaught it was 94 KG but its no big deal, I was fully clothed and it was 12.30 usually i weigh myself naked first thing in the morning.. im not going to change my ticker.. too depressing! I can allready feel the weight watchers obsesion creeping in! i have not eaten anything today as i have been hurrying around so much class then ww meeting then work and now im home, i literally have not stoped all day, but now i dont know what to eat! im tempted to eat a can of 2 point soup and drink some wine as i have not OV'd yet.. this is why diets dont work for me.. i stick to the rules but i cheat!

im so envious of you kate and karla being so lovely and tall! im 5,4 rubish!

hugs to you all xxx

I'm in. I need to lose at least 40lbs if not more. Not sure what the whole stones thing either, but totally willing to work with you all on losing the weight for sure. :happydance:

I'm in. I need to lose at least 40lbs if not more. Not sure what the whole stones thing either, but totally willing to work with you all on losing the weight for sure. :happydance:

Every stone is 14 pounds hon. Welcome aboard!

I am so on board! I need to lose another 30 lbs or so. Don't pay attention to my avatar pic... lol that was pre-weight aka my goal weight... and that just happened in a little over two years... I kick myself for that.... BUT anywho... When I took that picture, I was happy and healthy. That pic was taken when I went to AZ for my yoga teaching certificate. It's a certificate for Christian yoga, which would have worked out at the job I was at, but they ended up stealing money from me and no one in TN wants to hire a "Christian yoga" teacher b/c they are afraid of the controversy... ooooo scary lol So that was the beginning of the depression. I stopped doing yoga and found comfort in food. Another failed job and LOTS of serious, hurtful family drama later, I had to become a bus driver... yes, from massage therapist/yoga teacher to school bus driver... I give props to those ladies b/c it's SO much harder than it seems! There was the next trigger. Now I really wasn't moving... and now I was smoking! I had given up on myself! (sorry this is a bit wordy btw... didn't mean for it to be, just wanted to give out some encouragement :) ) I started getting on top of the weight thing right after Christmas after I saw myself in pictures and realized how bad it was. How the heck did I allow myself to gain 50+ lbs?! I'm only 24! How the heck does that happen?? So, to date, I've lost 20 lbs or so! I'm still working on the no smoking thing, but I'm doing great b/c I've only smoked one pack all week! (From a pack a day!) I've become recently unemployed and have tons of time, so I just, in the last couple of weeks, have decided to participate in a marathon next year for a dear friend's daughter who died and her organs saved 8 lives. A great cause with a great benefit for me! Here's the best part:

I EAT WHATEVER I WANT!!! I don't have to pay for diet food or programs! I combine my foods for optimum nutritional value! Obviously I try to stay away from fast food and processed food. But it's really soooo simple! You can eat meat w/ veggies or carbs w/ veggies, but NOT carbs w/ meat. We are not carnivores so the meat slows down in our intestines and allows the carbs to absorb longer, which means you get every bit of the good and way toooooo much of the bad! AND *giggle* if you want that suicide by chocolate brownie cake w/ ice cream and chocolate sauce on top, EAT IT!!! BUT (here's where you're gonna get the looks in the restaurant haha) You have to eat it FIRST! THEN eat a salad! The enzymes in the salad break down the sugars so very little of it is absorbed. And if I really want that steak and potatoes, I eat it! I just make sure I go back to the "diet" the next day. Up until I started training for the marathon a couple of weeks ago, I have only been doing some light yoga to keep me limber for baby makin', so I give all the credit to the weight loss to the "diet!" You can google food combining for some more specific charts, but I find it better to just keep it simple. Don't deny yourself of carbs and risk getting all moody and p.o.'d b/c it really is something you need... make healthier choices about WHAT carbs you eat and just don't eat meat with them! Hope this helps! Again... sorry so long... I got a little excited :happydance:

glad you are joining us and look forward to seeing you loosing those extra pounds x

Just want to have a small celebration :happydance: just been for a 20 minute job after a hectic 11 hour day!! Didn't think I would actually go but I did!!! I ache now but feel great! :happydance:

Can I join?

I have 97.5 lbs to lose to get into the 'Normal' weight range for my height. I'm on Weightwatchers and have lost 14.5 lbs so far.

Just want to have a small celebration :happydance: just been for a 20 minute job after a hectic 11 hour day!! Didn't think I would actually go but I did!!! I ache now but feel great! :happydance:

Awesome! See this is what I think it's all about...small good choices add up big in the end!

I've promised myself I am going to do one of my workout DVDs as soon as I get home! I've done well with eating today too, but I REALLY want something bad! Baby not sugar!!!

sorry didnt update with food diary last night when to get early feeling sorry for myself after realising i had buried myself in snotty tissues (sorry bit gross)

breakfast: nothing
dinner: chicken pasta salad
tea: chilli with salsa, sour cream and 8 tortillia chips
snacks: been bad here and had a choc chip muffin

sorry didnt update with food diary last night when to get early feeling sorry for myself after realising i had buried myself in snotty tissues (sorry bit gross)

breakfast: nothing
dinner: chicken pasta salad
tea: chilli with salsa, sour cream and 8 tortillia chips
snacks: been bad here and had a choc chip muffin

Your overall calorie content there will still have been low enough to maintain weight loss chick, even with the muffin!

Mine yesterday was -

Breakfast - All bran with semi and 1 tsp sugar (see a pattern emerging?)

Lunch - Was very much on the go so grabbed 4 slices of cooked ham from the packet in the fridge

Dinner - Lamb grill, brocoli and spinach (again)

Snacks - 2 cups of hot chocolate, 4 squares of bournville chocolate, small low fat greek yoghurt with a handful of almonds and honey.

Total cals - 1200ish I think

Exercise - Took my neighbours twin babies for an hour long brisk walk in the pram.

Already starting to feel better!

well so far today has gone as follows

didnt get out of my plague pit until 11:00am as think all the snot in my head was weighing it down there was just no way i could lift it off the pillow

but OH is such a little sweetie pie he brought me breakfast in bed which was 1 hard boiled egg and 2 toast (with low fat spread) i only ate 1 slice

dinner: rice, small nan bread and 4 tablespoons of low fat curry sauce
tea:chicken peppers and onions in a tortilla wrap with some tom salsa
snack: low fat choc moose

i have not weighed in today as have not dragged my arse out of the house just stayed in feeling sorry for myself so will do it tomorrow (i do it on boots scales) so i can keep the reciept in my diary

oh yeah i am going to have 2 hot toddy's tonight but not going to put sugar in just shot of whiskey hot water cloves and slices of lemon so only cals will be in 2 shots of whiskey so should not be too many

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->