Nervous (just a little) about going back to work from maternity leave...

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by cs22, Dec 18, 2009.

1. cs22

cs22 Mum and ttc# 2

Hi everyone hope youre all having a nice day,
    How did you feel when you went back to work from maternity?

I love being at home with Thomas and spending time with him :) .
    But i needed something else to do too, when it comes to knowing the words to the cartoons and adverts its too much lol :dohh: :blush:
    So i rang up work and asked if i could start back early, they said yes and we arranged for me to start tomorrow, just on an agency basis. Im looking forward to it but nervous too. Im feeling a little guilty for leaving Thomas though.

2. Cheesepuff

Cheesepuff Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, I'm going back in early January, kind of looking forward to having some "normal life" back, where I can actually have a proper conversation without mentioning some kind of bodily fluids :) like pee, poo, milk etc. I feel guilty leaving Alex, but my maternity leave has ended and there is no way I could take unpaid leave.I don't think I could stay home full time either, no matter how much I love him, I just can't keep him entertained all day long...

Don't feel bad though, happy mummy = happy baby !

3. mum2bee

mum2bee mother of 1

i havent returned yet but they say its the first day thats the worst! get through that and you'll be fine! :)

4. becstar

becstar Sleep is for the weak

I have to go back Jan 4th and I am dreading it... Mainly as she won't take a bottle. if she would I could see the benefits more... adult conversation (although I teach 5 year olds!), the drive to work alone time... The first few days are hardest, you'll probably cry on the way in, but it gets better I'm told!

5. ladyjayne

ladyjayne Well-Known Member

I start back on the 6th and Im nervous too. Its a scary thought, although Finn will be with my hubby for the first 2 weeks while he's on holiday, I still worry about him and I'm pretty sure I'm going to ask them to come into work on my lunch break. I just cant bear to be without him, but for my sanity I have to go back to work.
    Its a horrible situation but I'm hoping that it'll get eaiser. Good luck with your first day back enjoy it, and let us know how it goes! x