Nervous (just a little) about going back to work from maternity leave...

cs22

Mum and ttc# 2
Reaction score
Hi everyone hope youre all having a nice day,
How did you feel when you went back to work from maternity?

I love being at home with Thomas and spending time with him :) .
But i needed something else to do too, when it comes to knowing the words to the cartoons and adverts its too much lol :dohh: :blush:
So i rang up work and asked if i could start back early, they said yes and we arranged for me to start tomorrow, just on an agency basis. Im looking forward to it but nervous too. Im feeling a little guilty for leaving Thomas though.

I know how you feel, I'm going back in early January, kind of looking forward to having some "normal life" back, where I can actually have a proper conversation without mentioning some kind of bodily fluids :) like pee, poo, milk etc. I feel guilty leaving Alex, but my maternity leave has ended and there is no way I could take unpaid leave.I don't think I could stay home full time either, no matter how much I love him, I just can't keep him entertained all day long...

Don't feel bad though, happy mummy = happy baby !

i havent returned yet but they say its the first day thats the worst! get through that and you'll be fine! :)

I have to go back Jan 4th and I am dreading it... Mainly as she won't take a bottle. if she would I could see the benefits more... adult conversation (although I teach 5 year olds!), the drive to work alone time... The first few days are hardest, you'll probably cry on the way in, but it gets better I'm told!

I start back on the 6th and Im nervous too. Its a scary thought, although Finn will be with my hubby for the first 2 weeks while he's on holiday, I still worry about him and I'm pretty sure I'm going to ask them to come into work on my lunch break. I just cant bear to be without him, but for my sanity I have to go back to work.
Its a horrible situation but I'm hoping that it'll get eaiser. Good luck with your first day back enjoy it, and let us know how it goes! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->