nervous :(

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
im going out in 1/2 an hour for my xmas lunch with work. its at a pretty posh place and cost them i reckon about 30 a head.

my ohs grandma and grandad weremeant to be looking after Seth, but his grandma has a bug and doesnt want to come anywhere near Sethso his grandad is just coming.

I know this sounds awful because he has been really good to me and I do love him to bits, but Im just not comfortable elaving Seth with him. If nan was here too I wouldnt feel so bad but he hasnt really got a clue what to do with babies. Im going to be out for about 2 or 3 hours and hes going to have to give Seth his lunch, a bottle and put him down for a nap in that time.

I dont feel like I can ring and say that someone else is going to babysit now because itll sound like I dont trust him, and its also short notice to find someone else, but I dont want to cancel with work as theyve paid for it and I messed them around with my maternity leave already.

What should I do? I rarely go out and Ive been looking forwarsd to it, but I dont think Im going to enjoy it if Im not comfortable leaving Seth?

What should I do???

xxx

I think you should give him the benefit of a doubt hun. I'm pretty sure he's is going to LOVE looking after Seth. And it's only a few hours. I think he will do just fine.

Relax hun and have a great meal. You can always call home and check he's coping ok. He will cope better than you might realise.

xxx

Aww bless you hun...im sure Seth will be just fine...who better than to have a family member look after Seth, its better then a complete stranger...Hope you have a lovely meal xx

If hes comfortable with it then he be fine :D People will often say if they aren't and I'm sure he'd not do it and be honest for Seths sake if he didn't feel he could ...he can always get on the end of the phone if thinsg aren't ok or some secret tips from Nanny? lol x

i knew i should have trusted my instinct. I get home to find curtains shut, door locked, lights off. I go in and there's no one there. I ring his mobile, his house, my mother in law, no answer anywhere. Ring matt, he can't get through to anyone. I'm sat absolutely panic stricken in my house thinking the worst. Turns out mother in law had him. No one bothered to ring or text, just taken him to another house. And assumed it it would be ok not to say anythinh and i would guess where if was. Matt rang his mum and had a go and apparently there's no need to ring me to tell me where my son is, i'm meant to just know. And the reason she had him was because grandad couldn't be bothered to watch him anymore. So i think i was right. I don't think i'm over reacting i'm just pissed off!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->