**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLh4NlOfMxc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
From tonight

Liz that's fantastic! Did you get your own doppler for home or did you have another appt?

My LO's heartbeat was around 150 at my last visit too :)

How are you feeling at 13 weeks? I don't know about you, but I felt such a relief moving into 2nd Tri.

Liz that's fantastic! Did you get your own doppler for home or did you have another appt?

My LO's heartbeat was around 150 at my last visit too :)

How are you feeling at 13 weeks? I don't know about you, but I felt such a relief moving into 2nd Tri.

I bought my own. :winkwink: Think it was like $50 - 60 so definitely was worth buying over renting at like $20/month. Plus I figure, we want to have at least one more kid later on (to spare the child!! hahaha) so I'll get more use out of it then too.

I feel good I guess. Sleep a lot still (from 10 pm onwards on the couch til my hubbers DRAGS me to bed) but I've been able to stay up a little bit later slowly... I didn't fall asleep til at least 11:30 last night! :thumbup:
But I get very cranky if my sleep is interrupted at all! (for example, if he has a few beers at home (ie more than 3), he'll almost definitely have to wake up AT LEAST ONCE during the course of the night to go pee. Well, I'm a light sleeper, so that movement wakes me up. On Monday night this past week, he woke up TWICE :dohh: I could have killed him. I got at least two "you look tired" comments the next day at the office :dohh:)

Oh, and chest acne!!!! ugh, I hate it. I have a volcano catastrophe in my cleavage! :cry: What's the use of having nice new D's when they look like this now!? I tried using my Kiehl's Blue Astringent diligently for a few days, but it didn't work like it usually does for the odd breakout. So went to Tea Tree Oil last night and that helped somewhat.. Hubby thinks it REEKS THOUGH :haha: so I can't wear it during the day (under my clothes) at the office...

That's it for symptoms! Acne & sleep-crankiness! :blush:

Sorry to hear about the chest acne :( I haven't had much acne lately, but I have developed a good deal of red splotching on my face. Makes me look a bit sickly with my pale winter skin, but hopefully won't be too noticeable once spring is here and I can get out into the sun more.

Woohoo for having your own doppler! I was kind of wishing I had one the other night as LO hasn't been moving much lately and I had a bumpy ride on the snowmobile and was worrying a bit. I'd be listening every night I think! :)

Hear ya on the sleepiness. I'm not so dead tired all day as I was in 1st Tri, but I still need a LOT of sleep. 8 hours a night is just not enough, and I start to get cranky and sad if I have to live on that much for too many nights in a row. Had trouble sleeping for a few weekd, just couldn't get comfy, but I'm back to sleeping like a ton of lead now.

My belly has "popped" BIG time! I know I still owe you a pic, but I've been so busy I haven't even taken one in weeks. All my clothes have suddenly stopped fitting, so I'm now in emergency maternity shopping mode. Hoping I can find some good deals shopping with mum this weekend.

I've also started getting a sore back, which really sucks. I try to get up at least once an hour at work and go for walks and move around and such, but sitting at my desk all day is not good. Not sure what to do about that one.

Weight gain seems to come on in spurts for me now. I'll hold steady for a few weeks then suddenly "POW!!" there's 2 or 3 new lbs! I'm up to 14 lbs of total gain now, and it doesn't have much room to hide on my short body. I love that my belly's so popped out now though. People that know me can tell right away and it somehow makes being PG feel much more real that other people can tell. :)

Anywho... blah blah blah... I'm clearly very chatty today. Glad to hear all is going pretty well for you. Hope you can get that miserable volcano to disappear.

Liz

Wow that heart beat sounds awesome. Sorry for the acne though. I had suffered with acne for a long long time throughout my teenage and on to post adolescent days. I remember using a lot of home made stuff like dabbing the area with cotton dipped in refrigerated rose water or applying sandal wood paste for 5 minutes and then run the area down with cold water or applying cucumber. But these are all "cold" stuff and I fear one might catch cold especially since its in your chest area:blush:

Elliot

Yay for the bump:happydance: Good to know that you are feeling better in the 2nd trimester.

How are all the other ladies doing?

Sorry to hear about the chest acne :( I haven't had much acne lately, but I have developed a good deal of red splotching on my face. Makes me look a bit sickly with my pale winter skin, but hopefully won't be too noticeable once spring is here and I can get out into the sun more.

Woohoo for having your own doppler! I was kind of wishing I had one the other night as LO hasn't been moving much lately and I had a bumpy ride on the snowmobile and was worrying a bit. I'd be listening every night I think! :)

Hear ya on the sleepiness. I'm not so dead tired all day as I was in 1st Tri, but I still need a LOT of sleep. 8 hours a night is just not enough, and I start to get cranky and sad if I have to live on that much for too many nights in a row. Had trouble sleeping for a few weekd, just couldn't get comfy, but I'm back to sleeping like a ton of lead now.

My belly has "popped" BIG time! I know I still owe you a pic, but I've been so busy I haven't even taken one in weeks. All my clothes have suddenly stopped fitting, so I'm now in emergency maternity shopping mode. Hoping I can find some good deals shopping with mum this weekend.

I've also started getting a sore back, which really sucks. I try to get up at least once an hour at work and go for walks and move around and such, but sitting at my desk all day is not good. Not sure what to do about that one.

Weight gain seems to come on in spurts for me now. I'll hold steady for a few weeks then suddenly "POW!!" there's 2 or 3 new lbs! I'm up to 14 lbs of total gain now, and it doesn't have much room to hide on my short body. I love that my belly's so popped out now though. People that know me can tell right away and it somehow makes being PG feel much more real that other people can tell. :)

Anywho... blah blah blah... I'm clearly very chatty today. Glad to hear all is going pretty well for you. Hope you can get that miserable volcano to disappear.

When I got to the part of you saying you've gained about 14 lbs total weight gain so far, it made me smile :flower:

I'm so happy for you, Elliot! I definitely think the spring/summer will help with your blotchiness. Does makeup cover it up pretty well??

I thought I'd be obsessed with the doppler too when I bought it. But suprisingly, we only use it like once a week. It's just nice to have on the random time "wanna listen to the baby?" between hubby and myself. Oh my god, that just reminded me. Our puppy was so adorable last night, I started tearing up from all the laughing I was doing.. When you have the doppler on your belly, and you move it around, it makes weird noises sometimes.. so her little head was turning more and more sideways til it was almost a 90 degree angle from her neck! and then she started nudging the speaker itself with her nose and still maintaining her cocked sideways head.

I literally started crying from my laughter. Hubby thought both my reaction and the puppy's was hilarious. And the doppler progressively started making more noise b/c the doppler was still on my belly through my laughter so that was getting picked up too!!

I really wish I took a video of her last night too but the room was too dark :haha:

(Attaching pics of puppy)
- one with head at 45 degrees :haha:
- other pic from the day we rescued her

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 10834_193590260855_509690855_4375438_8257545_n.jpg
    10834_193590260855_509690855_4375438_8257545_n.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1
Liz

Wow that heart beat sounds awesome. Sorry for the acne though. I had suffered with acne for a long long time throughout my teenage and on to post adolescent days. I remember using a lot of home made stuff like dabbing the area with cotton dipped in refrigerated rose water or applying sandal wood paste for 5 minutes and then run the area down with cold water or applying cucumber. But these are all "cold" stuff and I fear one might catch cold especially since its in your chest area:blush:

Anne, I've been googling a lot about pregnancy & acne and supposedly if you're "predisposed" to it during your adolescent days, you're gonna get it when you're preggers too. So I fear you might be screwed like me too one day soon. It just kinda hit in full force at week 12. And even in my teen days, I didn't really breakout on my face, always in cleavage.. so I guess it knows what it knows.........

Thats really cute Liz. All three of my min pins do that, especially my oldest and youngest.

Well I woke up this morning to my MIL telling me that her bleeding picked back up and its heavy again. *sigh* Taking her to the doctor at Noon so they can re-check her and see what the next move is.

Her blood count got up enough to do emergency surgery, and we know she can obviously survive off of a limited blood supply. So we will see what happens.

awww, Heather. I hope it all gets figured out at the doctor's today.

OMG Liz! Your pup is so cute! I can't be bothered with make-up, but it probably would cover up the splotchiness. :winkwink:

Hi to Heather & Anne :hugs: Sorry to hear about MIL, Heather. Hoping things improve soon. Anne, how are you honey? You must be near OV? And you're going on vacation soon, right?

I've been researching cotton diapers on the web... holy smokes... completely overwhelming! How will I ever pick some without spending a fortune trying them all? :shrug:

Elliot, you're going to do cloth diapers?!?!?!

Yessiree! I think it'll be fun and cheaper! Plus, I'm planning on staying at home for the most part, and only working from home or maybe as much as 2 days a week, so I don't think it'll be that much of an inconvenience for me.

You think I'm nutszo?

well, you used the word "fun"...
I think that alone may mean you're certifiable...

Okay, diapering in general is going to suck. That's true. The poo and all will definitely not be fun! But if I'm going to have to do it, I think it seems more fun to muck about with soft, cute little cotton cloth diapers than the plasticy things I wore growing up.

Plus, should be cheap, which is a BIG deal since we'll be going down to one income... EEEKKK!!!! about that!

Elliot: I want to cloth diaper too. I got some really good tips. One was to not buy too many diapers for new borns because you won't really be sure what size or shape you will need until they are born. Will you need them for skinny/big legs, big/small booty, full or flat tummy? Although I have heard that if you get the kind that are stretched and fitted, they will probably work.

I want the kind that are a wrap to put on the outside, and you just put a regular white cloth diaper in the middle.

Another tip was to line a trash can or diaper genie with a garment bag so when you need to wash them, you just grab the bag and toss it in. But I have front loaders. If you had a top loader you could just dump the whole trash can. Also, for poo, wash the poo off in the toilet and then flush it down =)

Okay so MIL had to be rushed into emergency surgery. I'm waiting at the hospital right now with DH and FIL. I brought my lap top with me and the hospital has free wifi, so its nice. She's been in surgery for about an hour and a half right now. Thats how long it NORMALLY takes to do a hysterectomy, but since she has the tumor to work around, it will probably take longer. He is needing to deflate/drain the tumor first. He said this can pose a risk because if its a cancerous tumor, then draining it can leak the cancer into other parts of her body. But at this point they have to get the bleeding to stop, she'll die if they don't. We can deal with the cancer if it gets to other organs because it will be caught very early and we'll deal with chemo. If her blood loss is a lot for the surgery, then he plans to keep her in a medically induced coma to let her body heal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->