**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

Heather I hope you have good news the next time you post. It's terrible that your family has been thru so much lately.

I only have like 5 minutes on the computer, but I wanted to post...

Heather, please update as soon as you can. So sorry that you and DH and his family have to go through this.

Hi everybody else!! Be back on tomorrow.

Heather I am so sorry that you and your family are having to go through so much right now. I hope every thing falls in place and you soon come out with some good news. Prayers for you and family.

Heather, hope it's good news for you MIL.
Keeping her in our thoughts.

Well she got through surgery. It took 6 hours just for a hysterectomy. He drained the tumor and was able to remove some of it to biopsy. Sadly he does think it's cancer. Won't know for sure til the biopsy.

Glad to hear the surgery went well Heather. Keeping fingers crossed for your MIL (and you) the prognosis starts to look up soon.

Thanks for the diapering tips! I'm planning on starting out with disposables because I've heard newborns are really hard to fit and if you find something that does fit then it only fits for a few weeks. I think we'll try to transition to cloth around 2 or 3 months. When you say you're going with the covers with a plain white diaper inside do you mean you'll use a pre-fold inside or one of those ones that looks like a whole diaper but is all cloth? Can I ask why you picked those? I keep hearing that people love pocket diapers, but they're so much more expensive! I'm tempted to go with prefolds inside a cover, but I don't really know how they work?

Hi to everybody else!

Hello everyone,

Heather, I am praying for you and your family. They are blessed to have such a strong woman like you in their lives.

Heather Good to hear that you MIL successfully got through the surgery.

So I get this news of another of my friends pregnant in the first month of TTC. It seems when you are really trying so hard for a baby every body around you falls pregnant without even trying. LIFE SUCKS. I dont know where I am headed, I fight with DH on every little thing...poor he but I simply cant convince myself to be happy with what life is giving me.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes

Elliot. I like the idea of those because I can have cute covers and cute designs but still be able to use sensitive bleach on the pre folds that will get the brunt of the yuck :)

Heather, so happy to hear the surgery went well.

Anne, I totally understand how you feel, but just try to hang in there. Think about the fact that one day you will be pregnant and have a baby. It will happen, and when it does, it will be the best thing ever!! Try not to argue with DH, because that will only cause rifts during times that you may want to BD... :blush:

I ate two servings of spinach today!! I feel like eating now is so stressful, and that I want to eat right, but it's just so hard to do with the food aversions... So, spinach two times today is amazing!!

Yeah TL - I know what you mean. Eating does get kind of worrisome when you're PG, and it's so hard in 1st Tri when you feel like crap to try and eat fruit and veg. 2 servings fo spinach is great! The good news for me was that once I got through the 1st Tri food aversions and naseua I started really craving fruit and veg, so it all evens out hopefully.

Anne - So sorry you're feeling so down right now. It's amazing how TTC can completely take over your whole life and make it feel as though nothing else exists or matters. It's a hard time to stay close with DH when you're both feeling so anxious about whether there's somethign wrong and why it's not happening yet. I'm sending you all the hugs and well wishes I can.

TL Elliot

Thank you so much with your kind words. I know you all have gone through this waiting game and know that you know how tough it is. I am good, have been shopping like crazy for our Vegas trip :) Got a pair of jeans and 3 tops from JCP, a dress from Kohl's, a pair of shoes from Famous Footwear, accessories from Gordman's. Will be going for a hair-cut next Saturday. Can it get any better ladies?:blush: Only thing I wish I could forget ttc amidst all this shopping and my impending holiday.

TL Good to know that you are eating and sort of started to like it. As Elliot says hopefully things will be okay by the time you move to the second trimester:thumbup:

How are the others doing?

Anne, shopping sounds fun!! I feel like I haven't been shopping in so long. It's always nice to get new things for vacays. It's so much fun to wear them then!!

Elliot, did your PG symptoms change at all during the 1st trimester?? I feel like I'm much less nauseous and fatigued than I was last week... Why is that??

I feel like my only symptom anymore is the food aversions... But, I'm not even at week 8!!

Has anybody else's DH freaked out?? Mine did this weekend, and I got so scared that he was regretting this whole thing... Started ranting about finances and some other things related to having the baby, like not being a good father... Made me feel bad... Then, he told me that because his parents are so sick, he feels like he can't be as joyous as he should be about this... Which made me feel even more bad... He said he's so psyched, but that thoughts about them are clouding our news.

I feel like my only symptom anymore is the food aversions... But, I'm not even at week 8!!

Has anybody else's DH freaked out?? Mine did this weekend, and I got so scared that he was regretting this whole thing... Started ranting about finances and some other things related to having the baby, like not being a good father... Made me feel bad... Then, he told me that because his parents are so sick, he feels like he can't be as joyous as he should be about this... Which made me feel even more bad... He said he's so psyched, but that thoughts about them are clouding our news.

Sorry your DH is having a rough time ATM, TL. :hugs: I can't say mine has really had himself a proper freak-out, but he has gotten a bit more anxious about some stuff like finances and having our house all fixed up. It's a big change and I think we all just process it emotionally a bit differently. Hopefully your DH steadies out soon.

As far as symptoms in 1st Tri, mine changed a lot from week to week, and sometimes day to day. I'd be naseaus then not, thirsty then not, weepy then not. My food aversions stayed mostly constant, but I'd have an odd day or two where I'd suddenly like everything again. I think it's all perfectly normal! :thumbup:

ATM I'm feeling a bit fretful cause I haven't felt LO move as much as I think I should at almost 19 weeks. It's still rare and very mild, and I can't wait for those big, comforting boots in the ribs! I'm sure I'll feel consoled next week when I get my big, exciting 20 week ultrasound.

Ready - How're you doing hun? Haven't heard much from you lately and hope life's treating you alright.

Anne - What a fun load of shopping you've been doing! :happydance: I'm so jealous! My big belly's in desperate need of some new Mat clothes, but most stores are an hour away or more. I've planned 3 shopping trips with my mum in the past month and we keep getting snowed out. I'm about ready to just buy some stuff online from Old Navy, but I'm so worried about it not fitting cause I've got no idea what size Mat wear I need.

And bras! Dear lordy! I don't even know what size to buy anymore! Used to be a 34A. Tried on a 34C the other day and could barely clasp the loosest hooks. How on earth can I be a 36C already? I don't feel like I've expanded much around my rib cage measurement... :shrug:

I hope your vacation is just fabulous and gives you and DH the time you need to decompress and reconnect a bit. It's so hard to do that with all the busyness of life.

Sorry your DH is having a rough time ATM, TL. :hugs: I can't say mine has really had himself a proper freak-out, but he has gotten a bit more anxious about some stuff like finances and having our house all fixed up. It's a big change and I think we all just process it emotionally a bit differently. Hopefully your DH steadies out soon.

As far as symptoms in 1st Tri, mine changed a lot from week to week, and sometimes day to day. I'd be naseaus then not, thirsty then not, weepy then not. My food aversions stayed mostly constant, but I'd have an odd day or two where I'd suddenly like everything again. I think it's all perfectly normal! :thumbup:

ATM I'm feeling a bit fretful cause I haven't felt LO move as much as I think I should at almost 19 weeks. It's still rare and very mild, and I can't wait for those big, comforting boots in the ribs! I'm sure I'll feel consoled next week when I get my big, exciting 20 week ultrasound.

We had a long talk about it last night. I think he's not that good with change sometimes. For 34 years, he was used to things one way and actually never had any big trauma in his life... So, all of these changes, and traumas with his parents, are just overwhelming him, I think. Hopefully, he will relax soon.

Dont worry about LO moving so much -- He or she will move much more later on, I hear!! Can't wait to hear about your scan next week. I know you dont want to know the sex, but what if there's some full-frontal shot and you find out??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->