**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

I feel like my only symptom anymore is the food aversions... But, I'm not even at week 8!!

Has anybody else's DH freaked out?? Mine did this weekend, and I got so scared that he was regretting this whole thing... Started ranting about finances and some other things related to having the baby, like not being a good father... Made me feel bad... Then, he told me that because his parents are so sick, he feels like he can't be as joyous as he should be about this... Which made me feel even more bad... He said he's so psyched, but that thoughts about them are clouding our news.

TL, run, DON'T WALK, but RUN to the nearest book store and buy this: https://www.google.com/products/cat...=X&ei=1u5rTbyzOIvrgQeCvpTLCg&ved=0CDUQ8wIwAg#

I found my hubby felt a little left out when we were newly pregnant and so started ranting about random garbage too in the beginning. Buy that book helped so much b/c he felt like something was finally directed at HIM being a dad, not solely focused on us as the the mom, baby-maker-birther :flower:

And bras! Dear lordy! I don't even know what size to buy anymore! Used to be a 34A. Tried on a 34C the other day and could barely clasp the loosest hooks. How on earth can I be a 36C already? I don't feel like I've expanded much around my rib cage measurement... :shrug:
Wait, prior to pregnancy, you were a 34A???
are you sure?!?????????????

oh boy. I'm in trouble.

I was a 34 C prior to pregnancy (and I'm only 5'2" and a size 6)

and now i'm a 36 D!

YOU MEAN I'M GOING TO GET BIGGER PRIOR TO BREASTFEEDING??!!?!? :dohh:

When did your BB's start growing?? I started as 34B and am still there, even though I think they are slightly bigger...

I know you dont want to know the sex, but what if there's some full-frontal shot and you find out??

When I told my Dr. early on that we didn't want to know the gender I said "unless the LO insists on showing it off during the scan." But she said they take keeping the gener a secret super seriously cause they love "mystery babies". She said the scan tech will look at the screen to make sure all the nether parts are covered, then tell us to look and go about the rest of our bone measuring and such. If the techs see they keep it to themselves and on't even make a note in my chart or anything. Apparently the docs in my practice kind of like surprise at delivery time too! :winkwink:

But if we do see for some reason, then so be it!

Change of topic... we finally got the first coat of paint on the little monkey's room over the weekend. My in-laws bought us the crib and mattress we wanted which should be arriving in a week or so, and my mum bought us the changing table and bedding set we had on our registry. So by sometime next week I may have a proper nursery taking shape in my house! All the shopping has been murder, but I'm excited to see a nest for my little sparrow starting to come together. :)

Mine grew a lot early on, so I'm not sure if they'll get much bigger until after LO arrives and the milk comes in. I kind of hope not at this point, as I'd rather not keep on plopping down $$ for new bras!

I think it's different for everyone though, TL, just like the variance in when bumps start to show. I don't know how big any of us will get, but I've heard 2-3 cups sizes in total, including after the birth, is average.

I tried on a B cup about a month ago and it was already full to capacity. Tried a C cup a week ago and it was comfy but still had a bit of room for more growth. I'm thinking that's my best bet at this point.

The increase in measurement around my ribcage is what surprised me though. I'm glad to hear you went from a 34 to a 36 early too Liz. Mkaes me feel better that I'm not just getting fat around the ribs with my 14 lb weight gain! :haha:

Cute, Elliot!! Can't wait to design ours. We're planning to find out the sex, and then take it from there...

When did your BB's start growing?? I started as 34B and am still there, even though I think they are slightly bigger...

I *think* about 10 weeks or so is when I started noticing a difference.
I felt suffocated in my normal bras.

Hubbies are not smart :)

so we bought a 2nd car yesterday (we traded in our SUV since we wouldn't be able to fit 3 dogs and a baby & lots of crap)

Hubby is so in love with the new car (as am I) that he posted pics on FB right away and changed his status to "commander" (that's the name of the model)

We talked about it on the drive home and decided not to tell anyone so that we could surprise his dad with it in our driveway since he's visiting tomorrow....
He'll like it too.

So I get home and go on FB and say to him "umm, you changed your status to commander?"

meek response from the kitchen: "yes.."

me: "and you posted a picture?!!?!?"

quiet followup from the kitchen: "yes.."

me: "what happened to not telling?!?!!?"

him: "i was excited and had done it before.... but I can delete it!!"

me: "nevermind, it's fine. you didn't specifically say we bought it... so people may just think you like the car"

-----

So, today, hubby is off and running errands. His dad calls him to discuss what time he'll be arriving (it's a somewhat long drive, 4 hrs)...

So his dad asks him, "so did you buy the commander?"

dumb@ss hubby responds with "no, we were just looking at it"

So then he calls me at work to tell me what happened.

and I say, "umm, he asked you point blank! you should have said yes!"

hubby: "but I thought we wanted to surprise him!!!"

me: "you posted a picture of it on fb!!! he's on facebook too and obviously saw it!!!!!!!"

*silence*

hubby: "we'll surprise him when he pulls into our driveway and sees it tomorrow"

Face > insert palm :dohh:

Attachments

• 1298924055-picsay.jpg
    1298924055-picsay.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 4
You're right Liz... hubby's are funny critters! And they sure do love their cars! Sounds like yours got himself all knotted up in excitement :)

We're getting a new/used SUV too before LO arrives and DH can't wait....

.... boys....

oh neat Elliot!

We got the 2006 Jeep Commander.
It looks huge from the outside.. but is awesomeness on the inside!

Hi ladies,

I am sorry for being MIA but I am trying to write a lot of essays for school.

Liz, that is so funny about your hubby and the Jeep. :rofl:

Elliot, I would be in a lot of trouble because I am a 38D. I really do not need to get any bigger:nope:.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Ready

Nice to hear from you. Do you teach in a school or something?

Liz
Hubbies are so alike. Men will be men after all :D

I had the scariest dream last night, that I went to the bathroom, and there was blood all over. Clearly couldn't sleep after that. Which was just another addition to the insomnia that I have been having every night. I'm SO SLEEPY!!

I had crazy *ahem* dreams in the beginning... now they're more random and infrequent and only seldom *ahem* type of dreams.

TL, I think you were asking about this yesterday: https://webcache.googleusercontent....d=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

Thank you!! I was asking about that. I feel like mine haven't grown much, but it looks like they could pick up any day...

I am "supposed" to O tomorrow but I have creamy cm today and I know it should be watery so I am a bit concerned that I am not on schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->