**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

We understand Heather. :) I hope MIL starts eating again so everything can go back to normal. I think we all hate hospitals.

Since I am the only one charting now anybody checked out my chart recently??

Sheryl, I agree, it looks good.

I had some spotting today... Lasted for like two hours, just brown when I wiped. Dr said to keep my legs up, and then to come in on Tuesday for another ultrasound. She said it's common, but she needs to make sure that everything is all right... I'm freaking out... The last two times I went to the bathroom, the spotting wasn't there anymore, so I'm happy about that, but I'm scared about the fact that I had the spotting earlier.

Sorry to hear that you're having some spotting that's worrying you TL. I'm sure everything will be just fine though! Your first ultrasound looked good, right? You just take care and rub that belly and send all your warm, welcoming, positive vibes to that little bean in your belly. :hugs:

Heather - Geez... when it rains it pours huh? So sorry to hear MIL is struggling. Then to have your toilet flood on top of everything :wacko: You are definitely due for some R&R and a big patch of good luck when all this is over. :hugs:

Sheryl - You're 12 DPO! Are you planning on testing soon? I don't know much about charts, but yours looks good to me, and way different from lat month. Fingers crossed for you! :flower:

In my little world - had a good weekend. Mostly over my cold now. DH got our crib all put together and my mum found me a beautiful bedding set, so we've got the nursery about half put together now, just need to repaint our old wooden bureau, get some room-darkening blinds, and figure out what, if anything, we want to hang on the walls. Also put the second coat of paint on the walls over the weekend, so that's all done except for touching up the trim. In-laws came over to see the nursery and have dinner last night. MIL was so excited she was just about crying at seeing the crib and all. It was fun.

My lp grows 2 days every month. Bfn this morning. I was uncomfortable and couldnt sleep so I tested at 330.

Yes r& r is much needed right now! I think when sil visits in two weeks we will take off for a weekend out of town. We were thinking Chicago cuz we could go stay at their apartment for free, but they don't have a guest room and dh isn't too keen on doing the deed in his sisters bed! Haha. But we love Nashville, tn and havnt been in years so we might go there and get a fancy hotel downtown.

I agree -- Go to Nashville!! I think that you should get far away from any thoughts of his family, and that includes sleeping in her bed!!

My spotting has stopped, but I have this intens lower back pain...

So I had my 16 week appt yesterday. Basically our doc asked us if we had questions, suggested we start looking into birthing classes, and listened to my LO's heartrate with the doppler (which I totally could have just skipped since we do it at home! :haha:)

Our 1st testing for DS came back at 1:10,000 which is like 93% accurate and I got another blood draw yesterday which will retest it to make the test become 98% accurate and she expects to get the same odds which is great.

Oh, and my total weight gain? ONE WHOLE POUND! :haha:

Congrats on a good Dr. visit, Liz. Sounds like everything is going just great. :flower:

I'm down in the dumps today. Just feeling overwhelmed about work stuff and how complicated work is making this whole having a baby thing. Seems like it's a common enough occurance that they should have a pretty clear process & benefits... why does it have to be so frustrating and complex? Wish my work and boss were more supportive. I'm realizing now that it's not a very family friendly place :(

Has Sheryl tested this morning??? Btw, if you wonder why your cross hairs went from solid to dotted it's cuz you recorded fertile cm today. :)

Soooo Dh and I decided not to go to Nashville. We instead got some cheap tickets to fly to Rhode Island and visit my bestie! We are both SO excited! We were there in June for her wedding and it was the first time we had both gone and we just loved it. Dh became really good friends with my friends hubby. Granted we will be staying at their place, so still not full privacy. But it will be worth it to go somewhere that we really enjoy! I can't wait! Going in 9 days!

Liz, that's great!!

Elliot, what exactly are the benefits that they give you for maternity?? So sorry it's so annoying.

Soooo Dh and I decided not to go to Nashville. We instead got some cheap tickets to fly to Rhode Island and visit my bestie! We are both SO excited! We were there in June for her wedding and it was the first time we had both gone and we just loved it. Dh became really good friends with my friends hubby. Granted we will be staying at their place, so still not full privacy. But it will be worth it to go somewhere that we really enjoy! I can't wait! Going in 9 days!

I love it there!! My DH went to college in RI, so sometimes he takes me for the weekend to hang out.

What does soy iso do? Not worried about crosshairs. Cm is very obvious w. Twice today I felt af coming and it was nothing. No sign of blood.

Elliot, what exactly are the benefits that they give you for maternity?? So sorry it's so annoying.

I can't seem to figure out what they offer... that's the problem. :wacko: I met with HR and thought I understood some of it, but now I'm hearing something different from my boss.

It seems like you can maybe get 6 weeks of leave at 2/3 your normal salary, but they can disapprove you for that and I can't seem to find out what the criteria are.

Then you can maybe take accrued sick time, but only if you didn't take the 6 weeks of 2/3 pay and only if you're "approved". (Still don't know what that means or what's required).

Then you can maybe take accrued vacation time in place of, or on top of, your 2/3 paid leave. But only... wait for it... if you're approved. ??

The only thing that seems for sure is that you can take the 12 weeks of unpaid leave required by the Family Medical Leave Act, but even then my employee handbook seems to say they can choose not to reinstate you after the 12 weeks are up if they think it will be an "economic hardship" to do so. WTF does that mean? :shrug:

Yay Heather for taking a fun trip! I hope you and DH get all kinds of R&R and time to reconnect :)

I can't seem to figure out what they offer... that's the problem. :wacko: I met with HR and thought I understood some of it, but now I'm hearing something different from my boss.

It seems like you can maybe get 6 weeks of leave at 2/3 your normal salary, but they can disapprove you for that and I can't seem to find out what the criteria are.

Then you can maybe take accrued sick time, but only if you didn't take the 6 weeks of 2/3 pay and only if you're "approved". (Still don't know what that means or what's required).

Then you can maybe take accrued vacation time in place of, or on top of, your 2/3 paid leave. But only... wait for it... if you're approved. ??

The only thing that seems for sure is that you can take the 12 weeks of unpaid leave required by the Family Medical Leave Act, but even then my employee handbook seems to say they can choose not to reinstate you after the 12 weeks are up if they think it will be an "economic hardship" to do so. WTF does that mean? :shrug:

Are you serious?? I dont even think the last part that you wrote is legal!!

How long have you worked there?? Are there any other women that have had babies in the last year or two??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->