**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

I am planning to stay home so won't need to shop daycare thank god.

Preggies (and soon to be preggies) start shopping for infant daycare NOW!
The two places that are convenient to me have a 1.5 yr waitlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that's very useful to know if you plan on getting pregnant FIVE MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!

WOW!! That is a long wait list.

Ya, Ready, out of curiosity, you should call a local place that you would ideally like to use and see for when they are registering for.

When I was told September 2012 by 2 different places, I practically had to pick my jaw off the floor.

Ya, Ready, out of curiosity, you should call a local place that you would ideally like to use and see for when they are registering for.

When I was told September 2012 by 2 different places, I practically had to pick my jaw off the floor.

Good idea. There is this one place that I would wanted to try by my house so I will call them and see.

That's how it is in New York, too. It's sick. If you dont book like the minute you even think about conceiving, you are just totally out.

Tonight we have plans with two other couples, to go to some comedy show that doesn't start until 10 pm. I feel like I'm back in college. I dont know how I will make it through this night... I'm already sleepy and just want to go to bed.

New bathroom color. I like this color way more then our old boring "grown up" tan color lol.

https://i56.tinypic.com/2r25i5j.jpg

Liz, can you look into licensed home day cares instead of facilities? I know around here at least you can get in them quicker and they are usually cheaper. I think a center runs around 200-250 a week and home day care runs like 100-150.

I can't even remember if I told you ladies about how our bathroom flooded? We had to replace everything in our bathroom, we have to replace some dry wall, the flooring in our family room/loft area between bedrooms and the flooring in our bedroom.

Liz, can you look into licensed home day cares instead of facilities? I know around here at least you can get in them quicker and they are usually cheaper. I think a center runs around 200-250 a week and home day care runs like 100-150.

I can't even remember if I told you ladies about how our bathroom flooded? We had to replace everything in our bathroom, we have to replace some dry wall, the flooring in our family room/loft area between bedrooms and the flooring in our bedroom.

I've actually just started looking into licensed home day cares since we weren't doing so well in facilities. (although I do have a lead on 2 facilities that I've scheduled tours for in the coming weeks).

I have one appt scheduled with an in-home day care also soon. And was told about another one by a neighbor too.

and then I opened an acct on care.com

Heres what it currently looks like Liz :haha:

https://i55.tinypic.com/350m43p.jpg

It's purrrrty :blush:

I know, the toilet is positioned so well right now :haha:

This is a really rough sketch but we went to a tile store today and picked out tile. We took home some samples but this is the design I came up with. It would be a darker tan boarder, a 2nd boarder with lighter tan (it has speckles, but I couldn't do that in paint! lol!) and then a mosaic in an L shape with torqouise, teals, dark blue and a light green and probably throw some of the tan speckled ones in there somewhere. I followed a pattern just for the sake of doing it on the computer, but it would be pretty randomly put together once we put it on the floor.

https://i55.tinypic.com/28rf952.jpg

Oh and DH was upset that we couldn't find the big 1'x1' tile sheets (with 1" tiles) already in a mosiac pattern. But I knew that would be next to impossible. We found plenty of WALL tile like that, but its not stuff you can put on the floor as the tiles are usually glass or a stone that can't hold weight. So he's upset that we will be doing ALL of the mosaic BY hand with 2" tiles. But he is insisting on doing a mosaic, so its what comes with the territory! He has only laid tile once before and I've never done it at all. He's doubting his skills but the dude just did our entire 14'x18' bedroom with wood floor planks BY HIMSELF in TWO DAYS! lol.

My husband is handy, I think I'll keep him :haha:

I know we are not trying right now but CD 1 still makes me pretty mad. Even though I know this is a bad time to be pregnant, and I know that we've had NO sex in fertile time and if we did we used a condom....but I still hold that glimmer of hope before AF shows. Ugh. Its torture! lol

Hi all! :hi:

Liz - Love you bump progression. Looking really great at week 18, and so much higher up than my bump! (I know... I'm wretched... I still haven't posted a bump pic. Please forgive, I just got my taxes mailed today... moving at a snail's pace lately).

TL - Lovely scan pic hun! So glad to hear your scan went well and you're feeling so upbeat and positive :)

Sheryl - Yeah... those early days are rougher than I ever knew. And I find it's tough being PG and working full time. I know it sounds wimpy, but I'd so much rather be home working on projects, taking long walks outdoors with my pups, and moving at my own slow pace.

Heather - Wow! Huge bathroom reno at your house! New plan looks smashing!

Anne & Ready - Hope you ladies are taking care and doing well. I've got my fingers crossed that we'll see a BFP for at least one of you this month :hugs:

Got 14 inches of snow on Friday. Good news = work closed for the day. Hooray! Bad news = more snow and cold. But we've had two sunny days since and it's mostly melted away again. It's amazing how much better a bit of sun makes me feel.

Think my "nesting" may have started kicking in over the weekend. I've had alternating days, 1 super tired, 1 very energized, and over the weekend suddenly realized I'd spontaniously started reaming out my entire kitchen... cleaned all the cupboards, the pantry, you name it. Reorganized and got rid of stuff that had expired or tools I don't use. Fun, fun, fun!

Well I only have 2 weeks left b/c I only came back to help out for tax season so it will get better soon. Just want to barf now though. I wish I knew if it would make me feel better. There is a huge trash can in my temporary office.

HI this may seen silly.. but im new to this site and really want to use it!! I've figure out clearly how to read n reply to posts.. but can anyone guide me on how I creat my own posts etc??? help!!:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->