**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

new bump pic

https://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/liz_legend/timelapsedtummy-Copy-3.jpg

Attachments

• timelapsed tummy - Copy.jpg
    timelapsed tummy - Copy.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 3
Omg, Liz!! Congrats!! That's so amazing. So happy for you!! I totally thought you were team blue, but it looks like I was wrong!! Yaaaaay!!

Going to go and get a massage at 3. I hope I can relax and enjoy it. I forgot how much I hated the 2ww! I don't even think I've Ov'ed yet, but I know I will today. Lots of EWCM yesterday, a little bit today and cervix is very high and very soft. Debating on whether or not to BD again today. I wouldn't be able to get anything out of it, and that just stresses DH out when I'm not into it.

Ugh I hope this is my last month of all this mess! lol. I just want to go back to having sex just because, no more 2ww, no more waiting to O, GAH! lol.

On closer inspection of my chart and our new GIRL fetus, I find this info very interesting: :flower:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/30824f/?i=4109176&

The X sperm (which are the sperm that make females) live longer than the Y sperm (which are the sperm that make males). However, the Y sperm swim faster, so the chances are equally good that you will get a girl or a boy. If the Y sperm swim fast enough before they die to fertilize the egg, then you'll have a boy. If the Y sperm don't reach the egg before they die, chances are an X sperm will get there shortly, and then you'll have a girl.

Here is more input and advice:
X sperm are stronger than Y sperm but both will perish very quickly if allowed to dry out.

The female carrying sperm are the slower sperm because of the genetic material it carries. The female sperm contain an X chromosome, while the male carrying sperm contain a Y chromosome. The Y chromosome is very small and contains very little genetic material in comparison to the X chromosome, so the male carrying sperm are able to swim faster and reach the egg sooner than the X carrying sperm.

A baby's gender is determined by the chromosomes in the sperm, not the egg. XX makes female, XY makes male, all eggs contain an X chromosome, so sperm donates other X or Y chromosome. Female sperm live up to 5 days, male sperm up to 3 days. (Egg lives 12 to 24, maybe even 36 hours after ovulation.) Female sperm live longer but swim slower than male sperm.

For male baby, have sex within 6 hours before ovulation, to beat female sperm to egg. Vice versa, for female baby, have sex 4-5 days before ovulation, for better chances of having a girl baby.

Test for ovulation with home ovulation testing kit, get familiar with when you ovulate, and plan accordingly for future ovulations and future timing of intercourse.

Men produce two types of sperm, those containing the X chromosome, female sperm, and those containing the Y chromosome, male sperm. Sperm are being produced continuously, they take about a month from the beginning until they are mature. As the Y chromosome is smaller than the X chromosome, the male sperm is lighter and faster than the female sperm and therefore gets a head start towards the egg. Female sperm being heavier have more staying power and can keep going for longer.

Read more: https://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_sperm_for_girls_live_longer#ixzz1JzfHBVPj

Going to go and get a massage at 3. I hope I can relax and enjoy it. I forgot how much I hated the 2ww! I don't even think I've Ov'ed yet, but I know I will today. Lots of EWCM yesterday, a little bit today and cervix is very high and very soft. Debating on whether or not to BD again today. I wouldn't be able to get anything out of it, and that just stresses DH out when I'm not into it.

Ugh I hope this is my last month of all this mess! lol. I just want to go back to having sex just because, no more 2ww, no more waiting to O, GAH! lol.

Heather, how come I can't see your BD history on your chart? Can you make that sharable please? :flower:

Heather, how come I can't see your BD history on your chart? Can you make that sharable please? :flower:

I'm not sure? I thought it was standard that it would show?

Sharing --> Charting Home Page --> Setup. (x) Publish Intercourse Data.

Heather, I think you should be fine. I forget, have you been doing OPKs?

So I also just found out that the place I have a massage member ship with (which gets me one, one hour massage a month) also offers prenatal massages. EEK! I'm very excited about that! lol. I'm sure I would have to make the appointment at least a few days in advance and to make sure I have someone who is licensed with it (even though the website says all of their therapists are licensed in all types of massage, including prenatal)

But they still offer massages in the first tri, which some places won't because of liability issues. They don't want to be sued for a woman having a M/C after getting a massage, even though the massage won't cause a M/C.

AND, prenatal massages can apparently help with morning sickness :)

Perfect. Liz will be pleased. I am soo pooped today. I babysat for my neighbor's 18 month old for a few hours this morning.

Heather, I think you should be fine. I forget, have you been doing OPKs?

I had two left over and I did them when I thought I might have been Ov'ing early, so like on CD 10 and 12. Both were negative. But no I don't do them on a normal basis. I can typically read my signals pretty well. I'm about 99% sure that I ovulated this morning or afternoon because my cheeks are getting flush now, which always happens right after O and lasts til right before AF.

Cramping while sitting down now and its not pleasant. Bedtime.

Morning all, sorry to be MIA for a while. I had a long weekend and am just back today.

Liz - Super exciting news! A baby girl, how wonderful! Does this mean any changes to your room decor?

Sheryl - Sorry to hear about the abdominal pain, but I did have the same thing on and off for a while and still do on occasion, so try not to worry too much.

And all - sorry, still no pic. I got it all ready on Friday so I could post it for you today, but I've had rather a rough couple of days and completely forgot about it. DH left on his big trip on Saturday AM, promising to email every day, and he hasn't been in touch since. I feel like a heartbroken, abandoned PG lady. I'm so hurt that he hasn't wanted to call or email home to check in on me and the baby. I feel really alone about being PG now, and am rethinking all my plans for delivery and becoming a SAHM post birth. And I feel so disappointed for my poor LO. Can't think of any plausible reason why he couldn't find 2 minutes to call home. Last I knew Europe had phones and all... Anyhow, sorry to be a downer, just rather devastated.

No planned changes the room decor. We never planned on making it very gender specific so the wall color/appliques will most likely stay the same and work for either gender (so we don't have to redecorate down the line). Accessories might change a touch but I doubt that as well b/c I don't really like pink things :) but we piicked up some cute things prior to knowing the sex and should be really cute.

DH's grandma was sick last weeek (better now) so FIL & grandpa didn't come down for renovations as planned this past weekend. We'll be doing it after easter weekend now. I will post pics once there is something to photograph!

Made some headway on our registry (can't decide on a stroller/car seat solution though!) And saw some more daycares. We are going to register for 2 we like.

Elliot, ummm, did you get any hemmorhoids? o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->