**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

With all my friends with new babies I have been asking about their carseats and nobody seems to be 100% pleased with theirs. Coincidentally the ones they have owned are ones that I have actually looked at and after reading comments passed on. The chicco one my friend has is super heavy empty so I know I wouldn't want that. And the Graco Snugfit 35 is huge on the sides and doesn't fit conveniently anywhere. Right now I have the Safety First 35 on my list but that will probably change again.

Sheryl, if it helps at Target they put all their car seats on display and you are allowed to take them down and look at them (They shouldn't be secured) They only thing not allowed is putting babies in them :haha:

Elliot: I'd be SO mad at Dh if he didn't at least shoot me an email. I understand that the phone calls can be expensive, but how hard is it to email for 2 minutes before you head to bed???? I think its a men thing though, they just don't think of that stuff!

Liz: Yeah we are debating on the nursery too. My step mom will be doing a mural for us so we won't be painting it before baby comes. I don't think I want a gender neutral mural (Mainly because I can't think of any!) and I really hope we have a girl because I can only think if girly murals haha.

Ugh this better be a good sign. I had the WORST heart burn last night. Like to the point of crying. I get heart burn every so often but not that bad. The last time I had heartburn that bad I was pregnant and it started from the day I ovulated and lasted until the day I miscarried. Which granted that would mean one MISERABLE pregnancy, but it would be worth it!

That's good b/c the one I picked is at target. Would they let me see if it fits in the car in your experiance? I drive a Mazda3 so it's going to be tight most likely.

That's good b/c the one I picked is at target. Would they let me see if it fits in the car in your experiance? I drive a Mazda3 so it's going to be tight most likely.

No, they wouldn't let you do that. But you would be able to return it even if its opened, as long as everything is back in the box :)

Oh and happy 9 weeks Sheryl! Have you told many people yet or are you waiting til 12 weeks?

I don't have anyone left to tell :)

https://www.target.com/dp/B002XLEPE...F8&page=3&sortReviews=-votes#communityReviews

Ooo thats really cute. And very gender friendly.

I want this one, but I want to get a travel system.

https://www.target.com/Graco-Alano-...olor-bin,price&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

I think the main difference between the 2 is that the straps on my car seat can be adjusted from the front. At least on a different color of the same model I know that is true.

Hey ladies,

Elliot, I am sorry you feel that way.:hugs: But I would feel like that to most likely. I hope he gets to call you or email you tonight.

Sheryl, Happy 9 weeks. I like the carseat. It is very nice.

Heather, wow a mural. I wish I knew someone that could paint me one.

Is anyone else having problems with BnB today? It keeps giving me errors and it also keeps telling me that people have posted on this thread but when I go to it, nothing I havn't read????

Elliot, I'm so sorry that DH is doing this. I would be so upset, too. It's totally unacceptable, and you should tell him how you feel when you do talk to him. When is he coming back?? Are you sure that he's all right?? Maybe something could have happened to him, and that's why he's not emailing or calling?? Not trying to scare you, but that's just something that I would be thinking about. I'm having big issues with DH, too. He "announced" to me that he's only planning to take 2 or 3 days off when the baby is born, and he also thought that when I go into labor that he will just take me to the hospital then go back to work and then come back when the baby is being born. I'm serious. But, he's taking off many, many days to do voluntary things for his family -- His mom's retirement party that her school is throwing, his mom's dr's appt down in North Carolina (which he's volunteering to go to, and doesn't even have to), and so many other things. It's like his original family is his priority, and I and the baby come 2nd to them. He can't ever say no to his family, but he has no issue saying no to me. I had like 5 arguments with him in the last couple of days about this and have been very down, too. It's like he doesn't care at all, and I wonder what's happening, because this is not the same guy that I married. I understand that his mom is sick, but his wife and baby should take priority over everything now in his life. He doesn't understand that. It's like if his mom and baby were dangling off some cliff, he would save his mom... That's actually how I feel. I dont know what else to do about it. I talked to him, cried, yelled, but I just dont seem to be heard with anything that I do. He used to be the most sensitive man, and he's turned into this mad, cold person that I dont even know. It's like the baby and I are drains on his efforts and time with his original family. Anybody have thoughts about this??

Liz, were you surprised that the baby is a girl because you dtd the day before and the day of ovulation?? Am I reading your chart right??

Elliot, I'm so sorry that DH is doing this. I would be so upset, too. It's totally unacceptable, and you should tell him how you feel when you do talk to him. When is he coming back?? Are you sure that he's all right?? Maybe something could have happened to him, and that's why he's not emailing or calling?? Not trying to scare you, but that's just something that I would be thinking about. I'm having big issues with DH, too. He "announced" to me that he's only planning to take 2 or 3 days off when the baby is born, and he also thought that when I go into labor that he will just take me to the hospital then go back to work and then come back when the baby is being born. I'm serious. But, he's taking off many, many days to do voluntary things for his family -- His mom's retirement party that her school is throwing, his mom's dr's appt down in North Carolina (which he's volunteering to go to, and doesn't even have to), and so many other things. It's like his original family is his priority, and I and the baby come 2nd to them. He can't ever say no to his family, but he has no issue saying no to me. I had like 5 arguments with him in the last couple of days about this and have been very down, too. It's like he doesn't care at all, and I wonder what's happening, because this is not the same guy that I married. I understand that his mom is sick, but his wife and baby should take priority over everything now in his life. He doesn't understand that. It's like if his mom and baby were dangling off some cliff, he would save his mom... That's actually how I feel. I dont know what else to do about it. I talked to him, cried, yelled, but I just dont seem to be heard with anything that I do. He used to be the most sensitive man, and he's turned into this mad, cold person that I dont even know. It's like the baby and I are drains on his efforts and time with his original family. Anybody have thoughts about this??

Liz, were you surprised that the baby is a girl because you dtd the day before and the day of ovulation?? Am I reading your chart right??

As someone who is currently dealing with a sick MIL, I do understand that she needs LOTS of help and I do get put on the back burner with some things, which is fine. But if I was pregnant and he was missing vital moments of that then that is just NOT acceptable at all! And seriously, does he not realize that you NEED him there throughout labor just as a support system????

As someone who is currently dealing with a sick MIL, I do understand that she needs LOTS of help and I do get put on the back burner with some things, which is fine. But if I was pregnant and he was missing vital moments of that then that is just NOT acceptable at all! And seriously, does he not realize that you NEED him there throughout labor just as a support system????

That's totally what I mean. I understand if there's some crisis, or if he's the only child who can help out at the time for something, but that's not the case AT ALL!! I just dont understand why he's more stuck on proving what a good son and brother he is to his family than being a good husband and soon to be father. His paternity leave is 2 weeks, and yet all he wants to take is 2or 3 days?? Seriously?? Why doesn't he want time with his baby?? Why doesn't he want to be there for me?? His answer to it is that he thinks there wont be much he can do, and that I should just get some baby nurse (which we can't even afford)!! Are we living in the 1950's??

There isn't much he can do!? Uhm how about change some diapers or keep an eye on baby so mom can SLEEP and REST after having a WATERMELON SQUEEZED OUT OF HER VAGINA!

God men are so stupid sometimes! lol.

TL, I understand how you feel. What if you have to have a c-section (I'm not wishing that on you). You will really need him then. I think after baby comes he will have a different feel and want to stay home.:hugs:

Heather, BnB was giving me errors today too.

He tells me his brother took off 2 or 3 days for his children's birth. He thinks that everything his family says is gold. So, I asked his brother's wife. Turns out that he took off more than one week!!

Yes, I know, there's so much that I will need him for after the birth!! He should be doing everything that I'm doing, except for breast-feeding... It's like he's punishing me and the baby, because it "conflicts" with his family time. When I tell him how I feel, he tells me that I'm pitting him against his family and not being supportive of him!!

:flower:TL, take a breath hun and soak in the tub tomorrow. First off, my dad did that. He actually did drop my mom off at the hospital and then went to work to finish some projects off for a bit and then planned on going back. He (my dad) actually told me last night that he really regrets doing that now (27 yrs later) because he pretty much missed everything and on top of it, got stuck in a mad traffic/accident so was even more delayed on his trip back to the hospital.
I hope your DH reconsiders that.

Ya, I'm kinda surprised that we're having a girl but it seriously does still read "true" to the chart and the fact that we DTD on 4-5 days prior to ovulation :happydance:

UGH, I'm going crazy with this 2ww! I seriously forgot how much I hated this. I hope this is my last one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->