**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

Thanks. I am a big giver, I love to help people. And I know that just walking the dogs was a huge help! She wanted them wore out before she would let them around the baby (well not like playing with the baby, just walking around the house while she was holding him) They did pretty good, showed interest, wern't afraid of his cries, etc.

I also got her ANOTHER gift! haha. I just asked her what she needed. She JUST had her last shower Last saturday and then he showed up 6 days later! So they still were missing stuff thinking they had one more month to prepare, and the house was so unorganized. Gifts everywhere lol.

But she was really needing a to-go changing pad so I picked her one up.

I don't have the energy to do the dishes but I sure have energy to make desserts! Just finished this pie and posted my modified recipe on FB so I won't lose it.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sheryl-behr/no-bake-peanut-butter-pie/10150207308277029

Wow, Sheryl, your husband must love coming home to you. I think I need to get more creative with my cooking!!

I put the link to the original recipe in my note. I just modified it for the first comment b/c it sounded good. We just finished dinner so I haven't tried it yet.

And my husband is not a sweets person so it's not as fun as it would be.

Anne, I'm so sorry....

I hope things get figured out for you....

If it helps, we can try talking less about the babies!

Hi Liz

How you doing honey? Its sweet of you to offer me the option of not talking about babies but that is absolutely fine with me Liz. Why wouldn't a would-be-mom not engage in baby talks? I would have probably done the same thing had I been in your place as well honey. I always have the option of not reading it, if it makes me feel any better:winkwink: But I guess I am fine now. DH and I try to make the most of weekends and holidays and not think about TTC. We go for such frequent holidays now that I realise once we have a baby we won't have this luxury.

That's a great idea, Anne :hugs:What kind of trips have you gone on so far??

TL -- how come I just stumbled on a thread about your MIL hiring a nanny for the first week the baby is home?? Why didn't you share that here??

Post link so Liz and whoever else can comment:
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/642428-not-sure-do-dh-issue.html

I just posted in the thread :flower:

So, we're trying to keep the name a surprise (either Amy Olivia or Amy Elyse), and I told that to his sister, and yet she keeps trying to find out what it is, and she keeps suggesting names to us, which is so annoying. She just tries to stick her face into everything we do. I dont take that crap from anybody, and she will just have to learn that about me over time!!

We've got 2 names we like but the family doesn't know that...
We just keep maintaining that we haven't come up with a name yet and they've managed to leave us alone.

Anne, I'm so sorry....

I hope things get figured out for you....

If it helps, we can try talking less about the babies!

Hi Liz

How you doing honey? Its sweet of you to offer me the option of not talking about babies but that is absolutely fine with me Liz. Why wouldn't a would-be-mom not engage in baby talks? I would have probably done the same thing had I been in your place as well honey. I always have the option of not reading it, if it makes me feel any better:winkwink: But I guess I am fine now. DH and I try to make the most of weekends and holidays and not think about TTC. We go for such frequent holidays now that I realise once we have a baby we won't have this luxury.

That's a great idea, Anne :hugs:What kind of trips have you gone on so far??

Starting from July'10, we have been to Niagara Falls, NYC, Starved Rock State Park twice, Chicago, Vegas, GC, LA, and in May this year went to Holland, Michigan to enjoy the tulip festival :) We also wanted to go the Rocky Mountain National Park but of late we have had expenditure for the car, so at the moment no holidays :( I wanted to post a few pics of the tulip festival but I don't know how to do it :haha::wacko:

Hey ladies,

I hope all is well with everyone.

Anne, I hope you get your BFP before you leave and have to stay here with us. :flower:

TL, I don't blame you I would not want a stranger in my home either. I know she is trying to be nice but gosh buy the bed not a stranger.:growlmad:

Sheryl, I cannot believe it is 17 weeks for you already.

AFM, I went to my ob/gyn on yesterday and asked for clomid. :blush: She gave me the run down (pros/cons) of it. I decided to give it a go. She gave me some very detail instruction which I have put in my journal. I will let you all know how it goes next cycle. Take good care.

Thanks Ready

Hope you are doing well and clomid works for you. My doctor also suggested clomid but I am apprehensive. Even if I go back to my native, I still would be in touch with you all. I already feel emotionally attached to all of you here even though we have never met.

So I went and saw my friend and her new baby today. He was born Friday morning. He was 3 weeks early, had some fluid on his lungs, and was jaundiced. But he came home today. I was going to go to the hospital but then she said they were going home, so she invited me to the house. I felt bad as I got there like ten minutes after they got home, but I ended up helping her with some stuff.

Her dogs have been cooped up besides getting let out to potty a few times a day (she has a bulldog mix and a german shepherd) so they were REALLY hyper and excited. So I ended up taking them for a nice long walk and wore them out, which was really helpful to her.

And then I spent an hour just holding him while she told me about the birth and I told her about the wedding of our good friends that she missed since Mr. Logan decided to show up early :)

I'm just glad I can at least still be happy for others even if I'm sad for myself. Its pretty hard to do, but I know I can't avoid everyone with babies. I'd have no friends! lol.

Heather You are such a wonderful person. You are a sweetheart.

Holy crap!
I wish I could travel to all those places!
Only places from your list I've been to is Niagara Falls & NYC.

Heather, I think walking the dogs was the nicest thing you could do. Brava!

Heather, I think walking the dogs was the nicest thing you could do. Brava!

Thanks. I have a bunch of ripe fruit I need to use to bake breads, so I think I'm going to make some banana bread and blueberry bread to bring to her too. And maybe make some of my home made chicken and noodles for a good meal. Super easy if its already made, just nuke it for a few minutes with a little water over it and its ready to go :thumbup: Plus its an all in one meal.

PLUS, she isn't very close to her mom (emotionally and physically) All her family is about two hours away, and then all of her hubby's family is in Arizona (with the exception of a few cousins about 45 minutes north)

I just feel bad for her because if it wasn't for friends, she'd be all alone. And I know she's nervous and stressed because any normal girl would call up their mom for help and questions, and she just doesn't have that :nope:

Well that's great that you are able to be there to help her out as she learns the ropes of a newborn. :)

Not sure if this link will work:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.530834577273.2022175.118200218&l=8a4f2c0afc

I took a new picture today and it doesn't really look like I have changed at all in the past 2 weeks. My friend Cherryness has hers posted for comparison and her 19 and 22 are like night and day. Can't wait to see the pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->