**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

We rarely go to people's houses overnight but my MIL is planning to get a used pack and play for her house a mile away. I do have a sleep rocker for the first few months if we go somewhere for longer than I would like to keep him/her in a carrier.

I have one friend that has at least 25 and she says she is constantly washing them b/c they are cloth. I want to get plastic ones. Not sure what the ones I have on my registry are.

I think the ones you have on there are cloth. I think I saw them in the store.

Burp cloths are the rag you put on your shoulder while you are burping the baby. Super useful for drool and spitups. Very expensive though for what they do. I have read that you can get a pack of cloth diapers and use the for cheaper.

Burp cloths are the rag you put on your shoulder while you are burping the baby. Super useful for drool and spitups. Very expensive though for what they do. I have read that you can get a pack of cloth diapers and use the for cheaper.

That is exactly what I used with my kids.

Is it bad that instead of buying the coach purse I wanted, I was tempted to get the diaper bag? Lol. I told my friend that she can feel free to make this a baby gift one day ;)

There is constantly someone selling a coach diaper bag on craigslist in our area. Very $$$ when you consider everything else you are going to buy that you have to have.

Yeah this was at the coach outlet so it actually wasnt too bad. Plus it has a lifetime guarantee so if it breaks they fix it or replace it for free.

I am :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: right now. My plan was for my brother, cousin and I to paint the nursery tomorrow while DH worked on his school work. He came home earlier than I expected from school today and helped my brother and I so it is finished. So tomorrow we will take off all the tape/etc. and I can start setting out the baby's room. I bet I can even put the crib together with my brother's help and knowledge. I can't follow directions to save my life sometimes.

Liz have you put your crib together yet? I love love love it! It's gorgeous!

crib not put together yet... Hopefully will be doing that sometime between Wed - Sat.

We're moving all our furniture in from the pod back into the house on Tuesday this week!
The house isn't 100% ready but we're running out of time. Our master bedroom is 90% done with only the closet doors & inside needing to be painted (sans furniture & curtains like I mentioned).

Nursery is 70% ready minus some missing floor & window molding (and of course the fact that the room is also empty and curtainless).

Living/Dining room is also 70% done (missing some floor molding & curtains, & all furniture).

But at least we're making progress!

I got these blackout curtains for really cheap at Wal-Mart. I will have to report back my review on them. Saved $$ off anything on Amazon and they have good reviews. I got the shortest ones in Latte.

Curtains are great. Hubby may have fixed the middle after I took a picture. Nursery picture album is linked in my signature. :cloud9:

You can see that I have the travel system all umbrella-ed up. I told Mark I planned to do that when I went shopping so people won't be touching and kissing the baby.

Hey ladies,

Liz, can't wait to see the pictures. How are you feeling?

Sheryl, your nursery looks great. Love the table, very nice. I actually saw a lady at walmart before that had a sign on her daughters carrier that said, "Please do not touch the baby!"

I may still do that but I love the umbrellas on my travel system. And strangers don't listen anyway.

Our crib is coming on Friday!! Can't wait.

My baby shower is set for August 20th!!

Where is Elliot?? She's delivering soon...

I cannot believe ur nursery is pretty much done! Soooo jealous! I have 9 weeks to go and still have a drop cloth protecting the floor from all the painting & reno & molding/trimm work going on in the room!!

I wanna be done! 6 days til our shower/cookout party so we will have to be done soon!
I want to sleep in our own bedroom again and have furniture in the house!! Agh

I got FIL to hang the pictures from our wedding that have been sitting on the floor since at least October. We also hung 2 of our engagement pictures in the baby's room. :cloud9: It does feel great to have the nursery so far along but my shower won't be until September so it's a hurry up and wait gratification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->