**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

Okay why are people so stupid? This girl posted a picture last night on FB of her 8 month old nephew with his new big boy car seat. People were commenting that he was too young. I mentioned that the MINIMUM seat requirements were 20 lbs and one year old. She said he met that 20 lbs so he'd be using this seat, bla bla. Then someone posted a link to the DMV website for Ohio and said that even if he met the 20 lbs, he still has to be over 1 year.

She deleted ALL of our comments and is now posting a picture of him IN the car IN this seat. Seriously, he is so tiny!

Is it wrong of me to want to comment with "Hope you don't get pulled over since thats illegal"

I really hope she gets pulled over versus somthing happening. Seriously, can't you go to the fire department and they can help you with getting your child in the right seat.:shrug: I am not sure everywhere else. But here in Texas you can take you car and the carseat to the fire department and they will help you install it and tell you when to change it. I would not publicly let everyone know that I don't care about the law.

Okay why are people so stupid? This girl posted a picture last night on FB of her 8 month old nephew with his new big boy car seat. People were commenting that he was too young. I mentioned that the MINIMUM seat requirements were 20 lbs and one year old. She said he met that 20 lbs so he'd be using this seat, bla bla. Then someone posted a link to the DMV website for Ohio and said that even if he met the 20 lbs, he still has to be over 1 year.

She deleted ALL of our comments and is now posting a picture of him IN the car IN this seat. Seriously, he is so tiny!

Is it wrong of me to want to comment with "Hope you don't get pulled over since thats illegal"

I really hope she gets pulled over versus somthing happening. Seriously, can't you go to the fire department and they can help you with getting your child in the right seat.:shrug: I am not sure everywhere else. But here in Texas you can take you car and the carseat to the fire department and they will help you install it and tell you when to change it. I would not publicly let everyone know that I don't care about the law.

I think its more annoying that this is NOT her child, its her great nephew. If someone did that to my kid that I was entrusting to baby sit him, I'd be PISSED!

Florida has that to, some of the fire station will give you a free car seat ,put it in for you and everything Children come first in everything .At least in my book they do

I so dont feel like cooking dinner and :dishes: maybe if i'm lucky I can talk hubby into take out .lol

Trust me Heather, I know what you mean. I see that WAY too often. I am a car seat technician. Real title is Child Passenger Safety Technician. Thankfully most of the people I talk to listen to me and keep their kiddos rear facing beyond a year. But I know a lot of people who have lost friends by saying something about their car seat usage! It's crazy.

I mean granted we are really tall people, and chances are our kids will be TALL. But even if they are above the 20 or 30 pounds I will keep them rear facing til 1 year. You can just go and get a bigger rear facing seat.

I mean granted we are really tall people, and chances are our kids will be TALL. But even if they are above the 20 or 30 pounds I will keep them rear facing til 1 year. You can just go and get a bigger rear facing seat.

DH and I are tall too. There are seats that keep kiddos rear facing til 45 lbs now. It's 500% safer to keep kids rear facing until 3 years old. My personal age for turning kids forward facing is 4, granted that they are under the limits. That's when their spines are more fused together. Heather, if you look at my FB page I have good video on my wall that shows why it's so much safer. Because of what she's learned from me, my neighbor still has her small 35 lb 4.5 year old rear facing. She actually prefers to be rear facing.

I'm so stoked Ladies Wenesday is the big day I'll find out if Im still in the running on my ttc journey Please keep fingers ,toes crossed for me ,I am having to go by myself as DH cant take anymore work off then he has to with us doing the iui next month, if I'm still open , Its only a 45 min drive so its not going to be to bad but if I hear the words closed it's going to be the longest drive ever, not sure how I will take it , All I can do is put it in the lords hands , If I'm not meant to have another child then I will have to accept it and move on .I am so scared , On the other hand I am starting clomid cd5 threw 9 I dont want to miss this chance if I am open and tubes get cleaned out and maybe just maybe we can get are bfp before the iui's .please say a little pray for me I need all I can get right now

Temp spiked back up today :happydance: Maybe it was an implantation dip, maybe not. I guess I'll find out in a few days!

Hubby made duck for dinner for me & my cousin & his gf yesterday :flower:

Attachments

• 163212_10150112314305856_509690855_8026257_3663453_n.jpg
    163212_10150112314305856_509690855_8026257_3663453_n.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 5
Temp spiked back up today :happydance: Maybe it was an implantation dip, maybe not. I guess I'll find out in a few days!

I hope this is your month that would be awesome :happydance:

Me too. I've always wanted a September baby. Plus if I found out before we went out of town, we could tell Dh's parents in person. That would mean a lot to them because I know its already hard that we live so far away.

That would be so nice ,I thought of a million ways to tell my Dh parents if we were to ever get prego so many good ideas just have wait to wait for my bfp .

I was just wondering as I sit here ,waiting for a update ,does anybody talk like we talk on this thread on there facebook ,I know I dont, I dont even mention baby or ttc on it I just dont .I guess On here I can express the way I feel with other wonderful ladies going threw the samething

We aren't ready to announce that we're pregnant (nor that we were trying!) on FB yet...

We're actually trying to figure out if we'll announce on 9w or on 11w+3days (my 27th birthday)

I was one that really didnt wont anybody to know intill I was out of the dangerzone ,but good friends seem to catch on when you go out to dinner and everybody is having a beer or glass of wine with dinner and I ordered water with lemon

when is the official "danger zone"?

I think 12-13 weeks is less likely to miscarry. But 26-27 weeks is when the baby is what they call viable. The one most people worry the most about is 12-13 weeks. I say 12-13 weeks because some doctors say 12 weeks is the 2nd trimester and othes may say 13weeks is.

I was just wondering as I sit here ,waiting for a update ,does anybody talk like we talk on this thread on there facebook ,I know I dont, I dont even mention baby or ttc on it I just dont .I guess On here I can express the way I feel with other wonderful ladies going threw the samething

No is don't either. The doctor that did my TR was on a local station here and I watched it online and clicked "like it" and of course it came up on my page that I liked it and this guy they knew me since I was kid made a comment. He said you are little to old to be thinking about kids. I was burning up made:growlmad:. The only people that know I am TTC is few friends and one family member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->