**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

Question for those who temp or have temped. How is the coverline temp decided by FF? Does it vary from month to month?

Question for those who temp or have temped. How is the coverline temp decided by FF? Does it vary from month to month?

Yes, it goes by your most common temp (or temp range) for about two weeks before ovulation. Mine was 97.2 last month, the month before it was 97.4.

When you see your temp spike (usually about .5 degrees or higher) and it stays that way for 3 days, then FF will give you your cross hairs. Which is ovulation day (vertical line) and cover line (horizontal line).

Long answer that I wrote out before (copying and pasting here)

To check how your chart determines your Ovulation:

Go to (top of FF page) Tools > Analysis > Ovulation Detector Tuning/Override
- What is the "Detector Tuning - Expert Settings" set to? Mine is Advanced

"In most cases when there is discrepancy or ambiguity, the advanced detector will give you the best interpretation because it takes all signs into account simultaneously. It also includes tested research gathered from the research detector. The advanced detector is thus the recommended setting and the default for all charts unless you have chosen otherwise in your preferences.

If you use OPKS or a fertility monitor and do not record your temperature: In this case, your best choice for estimating your ovulation day is to use your OPK or fertility monitor results . Although these tests/devices do not give you a full picture of your cycle they can be used for a relatively accurate estimate in most situations. In this case we recommend that you use our OPK/Monitor/OVWatch detector setting. If you are recording your temperature we recommend against using this detector even if you are using an OPK or a fertility monitor (in this case use the Advanced detector which will use all your data)."

So I am getting a massage later. I havn't had one in over a month and I have desperatly needed one since the car accident, and add a long car trip on top of it...I am HURTING.

But the problem is they only had a guy available, and this afternoon/evening is the only time I have available. They say he's REALLY good and its random for him to have openings this short of notice.

Its nothing against the guys, but I've always had women and I hope I can relax with some random guy rubbing on my jiggly parts! I kind of hope he's ugly so at least I will feel better about myself :haha:

Anne: Another thing to add is that you will get solid CH's, or dotted CH's. Solid means they are SURE you ovulated that day. Dotted mean's that you probably did, but they are not 100% certain.

I had some watery type CM after ovulation, and when I marked that, it changed my solid CH's to dotted ones since watery CM is a fertile type of CM. I changed it back to creamy because I KNOW it wasn't fertile CM as it was just a few days before AF showed. But I thought it was interesting how such a small margin can change your whole chart!

Neat, Heather!

I don't think i've noticed the dotted crosshairs before!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I am getting a massage later. I havn't had one in over a month and I have desperatly needed one since the car accident, and add a long car trip on top of it...I am HURTING.

But the problem is they only had a guy available, and this afternoon/evening is the only time I have available. They say he's REALLY good and its random for him to have openings this short of notice.

Its nothing against the guys, but I've always had women and I hope I can relax with some random guy rubbing on my jiggly parts! I kind of hope he's ugly so at least I will feel better about myself :haha:

is it just a back massage?

Neat, Heather!

I don't think i've noticed the dotted crosshairs before!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I had never gotten them before because I guess I input things pretty good.

But the big thing is record temp, don't miss days temping in the ovulation window (so for about a week before and a week after, you need to have every temp) and ALWAYS record your CM!

I saw a chart once for a girl on another web forum, and she had dotted CH's and couldn't figure out why. Her temps were PERFECT, ovulation was clear. But she did not enter ANY of her CM.

is it just a back massage?

No, full body 90 minute massage lol.

Normally I'd be really freaked out, or reschedule for another time. BUT, my back is hurting SO bad and it cracks all the time that I don't even care. I NEED this massage.

I guess I am kind of looking forward to it because I usually end up with these women with tiny hands. They have good pressure but then it just feels like someone pushing on me with the end of a spoon because their fingers or elbows are so tiny. So maybe giant man hands will do me some good....

Just hope my DH doesn't mind! :haha:

A friend just made a good point that maybe he'll be gay! That would be better then fat and ugly! lol.

I do NOT mind what so ever when a gay man touches me. I know he isn't getting anything out of it haha!

I had this client at this vets office I worked at, he'd always request for ME to bathe his dog because I'd get her nice and white and the dog REALLY liked me. He'd always slip a tip into the breast pocket of my scrubs. He did it quickly so no one would see (I was allowed to get tips, but he didn't want my co workers to see how much he was tipping me since it was normally 20 bucks...which is more then what the bath cost!) But it never weirded me out that he was slipping it into my breast pocket because he was gay lol.

Some people say maybe he was just saying he was gay in order to cop a feel.....but I had met his boyfriend before haha. Thats a PRETTY big cover up just to cop a feel! lol.

Thanks Heather for clearing up my doubts.:flower:
Thats quite a bit of info that you provided especially for someone who is a novice as far as temping goes.

Thanks Heather for clearing up my doubts.:flower:
Thats quite a bit of info that you provided especially for someone who is a novice as far as temping goes.

Do the free tutorials that FF provides. I can't say I read ALL of them, but I read up on what I was unsure of or wanted more info on.

I used to say get the book taking charge of your fertility, but then with the FREE info on FF (which is the same info as the book) Then I'd say go with FREE lol.

TL, add this to your siggy in BNB now!
[url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/327c42]
[img]https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/327c42/ttc.png[/img]
[/url]

And make sure that you start recording your temps & all symptoms & how long AF lasts!

Followup, TL, I think you may not have been hitting save everytime you enter info for a particular day... if you're entering info for a few days in a row, make sure you click "save & next".

O M G!! Liz, you are THE BEST!! Thank you. Ladies, I am up and running :)

Followup, TL, I think you may not have been hitting save everytime you enter info for a particular day... if you're entering info for a few days in a row, make sure you click "save & next".

I never hit save for anything. Thank you. I will work hard on this every day :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->