**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

Well, I definitely ovulate every month. That I know. So, what's the issue?? DH is doing another SA tomorrow morning.

Well, I definitely ovulate every month. That I know. So, what's the issue?? DH is doing another SA tomorrow morning.

How many months has it been?

The thing is you only have a 20% chance of conceiving every month, and then you have a tiny couple of day window to work with at that!

It can take a healthy couple up to a year.

How many months has it been?

The thing is you only have a 20% chance of conceiving every month, and then you have a tiny couple of day window to work with at that!

It can take a healthy couple up to a year.

This is our 9th cycle... Definitely BDing at the right times, too. Not sure what the issue is anymore...

Hi guys! I haven't been around much this week cause life's been crazy hectic. I got a touch of the flu, then DH got the flu for real (poor boy), and work has been utter madness, and blah blah blah.... you know... life.

Welcome Fizz! Hoping you get some good, clear info from the doc so you can move on with your TTC.

And Hi TL! You know I have to lurk around here whether I like it or not just so I can see the big moment when you announce your BFP!!! :hugs: Wouldn't miss it!

Oh, and TL... I don't know of any authoritative advice on stress affecting conception, but I think our modern day worrying type stress is quite different physiologically then the stress of having too little to eat. Some docs think our modern day anxiety type stress can wreak real havok on our bodies and cause all kinds of problems. I tried to reduce my stress while TTC, but can't say I was super successful... myabe that's why it took me 7 months? Or maybe it took 7 months just it's true what my doc told me, that 8 months is the average for healthy couples. I know on here you hear of tons of women who fall PG right away, but I'm not sure the BNB community is representative of the general population. Anywho... just blathering...

Life here is good... looking forward to a long weekend and catching up on some rest after a very busy couple fo weeks.

Good morning ladies

Sorry wasnt so active yesterday. So this morning my temp had a huge dip and an hour later was greeted by the witch. Wasnt expecting a miracle this month but you know you always feel in the dumps with the appearance of the witch. On to cycle#6. I know this is nothing compared to what others go through, but to me even this seems like forever. In fact the whole TTC thing seems like a charade at times.

OPK
Charting
Grapefruit juice
Soy
Then when you get that positive in the OPK you try to BD as much as possible to cover the fertile period.
Then you drive yourself crazy in the TWW trying to symptom spot.
Test
BFN
AF
Open your flood gate of tears.
Back to square one.
Start over again.

During this time your mind is an emotional roller coaster ranging from hope to despair to excitement to anger to utter frustration.
My DH's SA result is normal, I have a cycle that comes and goes with clock-work precision, I am 30 and DH 31, healthy and yet nothing for the last 5 months. WHY?
When I pray to God for a baby, I wonder if I am asking for too much. But then I realise that when I was born, God decided to make me a girl, by virtue of that doesnt motherhood become my birthright?

I am sorry ladies for rambling so much but I just needed to ventilate.

TL
Even I have read that stress does affect TTC. I am definitely stressed for that matter. DH and I have decided to go for a vacation in March because I think I need a break for sure.

Anne,

My parents were NTNP (Fizz: not trying, not preventing) for 10 yrs before they had me...

They finally realized something must be wrong and only started going to see doctors about 3-4 months before I was conceived (so they actually were only doing exams & consultations still)!

I think you're doing everything right. I did pretty much everything you did except minus the Grapefruit juice, but add EPO & Preseed.

You even forgot to mention all the prenatals & DHA you're probably already taking everyday.

I think you'll get your BFP very soon, hun. :flower:

Thanks Liz. 10 years is a long time indeed. Yes, I started using preseed from last cycle and taking Prenatals. Will start taking EPO from this cycle. I am not taking soy, I just mentioned it coz I know many do take it. What is DHA?

DHA is the other supplement that all docs recommend you take along with your OTC prenatal.

Only the prescription prenatals that your doctor can prescribe have it built into one pill but you can find DHA in your local pharmacy at a slightly lower dose (which is perfectly fine according to my doctor).

https://pregnancyandbaby.sheknows.c...A-during-pregnancy-and-breastfeeding-5726.htm

I'm sorry Anne. The description you gave was me & DH almost to a T, except we were both 31. I have no idea why it suddenly happened for us on month #7, but I hope maybe lucky #7 will be the one for you too.

Sending you lots of hugs and good vibes. Hope you treat yourself to something nice today for getting through another 2ww. :hugs:

DHA is the other supplement that all docs recommend you take along with your OTC prenatal.

Only the prescription prenatals that your doctor can prescribe have it built into one pill but you can find DHA in your local pharmacy at a slightly lower dose (which is perfectly fine according to my doctor).

https://pregnancyandbaby.sheknows.c...A-during-pregnancy-and-breastfeeding-5726.htm

I never knew about DHA until after I got PG, but yup... my OBGYN has me taking it now too. Was kind of a bugger to find is separate at the grocery store, and super expensive at the natural food store. But I see now they have a prenatal at my graocery store that has it built right in, so I might go that route next time to save some $.

I found it at CVS pretty easy. CVS even makes their "own" brand version too..

I double checked that my Nature's Bounty has DHA. :) Has 200. And I take 400 Folic Acid to bring my daily from 800 to 1200 per dr orders.

Hey ladies. Hope everyone is having a good day.

My DH turned Dirty 30 today! We don't celebrate B-days but I still reserve the right to call him an old fart!

I just stuck my tongue on a rain gutter outside in order to win a 100 dollar gift card to a local pub. I can't believe I did that....and I don't even know if I won (only first 10 people win and there were 8 on the FB page)

The picture is still funny though...

https://i52.tinypic.com/2n9mdjb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"