**New & Crazy** friendly group thread ((5 BFPs))

Phew! I've been researching different baby carriers/slings, and holy smokes! I guess I should have known, but there sure are a lot of very strong feelings out there about different styles and models and brands. I think I'm more confused rather than less after all my research, but I'm leaning toward adding the Beco Gemini to my registry and maybe looking for a more basic soft stretchy fabric types to use around the house while baby is very little.

Here's the Beco in case anybody's interested: https://www.becobabycarrier.com/cat-13/beco-Gemini

Ohmygoodness. I called the dr to see if they had my pap results in and was about in tears when the nurse said they came back normal. Thank God! We didn't have an extra $2000 to do that stupid surgery again.

Hi everybody! :flower:

Liz - Thinking about you and hoping you're taking it easy. I'm sure everything will be just fine given a little bit of time and rest. Hope you're taking all the time you can to sit around with your feet up and rub that belly! :hugs:

TL - So excited for you that DH's SA came back normal! He must be too! I know my DH worried a lot about that. And as far as the dull cramps go... how many days after OV are you? I know implantations feels different for everyone, but I started feeling strange twingey aches in my belly I think about 6 days after OV. Keeping fingers crossed for you girl! :thumbup:

Sheryl - Hooray for crosshairs!

It's cold as could be here right at the moment, so I spent last night cozied by the fireplace. Got out for a little winter fun during the "Warmest" part of yesterday though... snowshoeing with DH and then a bit of lightweight tobogganning in the backyard. Loads of fun!

My bump is sticking out pretty good now... enough that DH and I both notice it feels different when we hug, and you can't mistake it in the nude, but I can still keep it pretty well covered up in winter jeans and bundled sweaters and stuff. I've been hungry as a horse the last few weeks, but strangely my weight has stabilized. After gaining 6 lbs right out of the gate at 6 or 7 weeks, I've only gained another 2 total (at almost 14 weeks now), so I'm at 8 lbs heavier than before the bean. It's funny, 'cause when I gained all that weight I wasn't eating more than normal, but now I am and not gaining at all... proves to myself that my body's going to do exactly what it feels is right for the baby regardless of me for the most part. I'm just along for the ride!

Hope everybody's having a good Monday morning :)

Elliot, your belly must look so cute!! If I were you, I would be rubbing it all the time!!

I was 5 dpo when I got that strange pain. It was only for that day, though. The only thing that makes me think it's not implantation was that, the night before, we BDed, and it hurt my ovary, so I think that it may just be residual from that. Although, I had some strange nausea wave this morning. Lasted for like a minute... Sometimes I get that from this vertigo condition I have, but I never had it in the morning. I feel strange, but I think it may all be in my head...

Ohmygoodness. I called the dr to see if they had my pap results in and was about in tears when the nurse said they came back normal. Thank God! We didn't have an extra $2000 to do that stupid surgery again.

That's wonderful news!!

I was 5 dpo when I got that strange pain. It was only for that day, though. The only thing that makes me think it's not implantation was that, the night before, we BDed, and it hurt my ovary, so I think that it may just be residual from that. Although, I had some strange nausea wave this morning. Lasted for like a minute... Sometimes I get that from this vertigo condition I have, but I never had it in the morning. I feel strange, but I think it may all be in my head...

Oh TL! I don't mean to be a jerk and get your hopes up, but I just can't help it! This all sounds so promising and I really hope this is it for you! :hugs:

Elliot: We have been trying for four months now. But I just know that we need to take a break. For multiple reasons, I think DH needs a break for stress relief and I just couldn't handle having a new born during the holiday season with a hubby that works crazy retail hours. So a Nov-Jan due just wouldn't work for us! lol.

Elliot: We have been trying for four months now. But I just know that we need to take a break. For multiple reasons, I think DH needs a break for stress relief and I just couldn't handle having a new born during the holiday season with a hubby that works crazy retail hours. So a Nov-Jan due just wouldn't work for us! lol.

It sounds like the two of you have really thought through what will work for you. That's great! And lots of people say that a month or so off from actively trying really helped them destress about the whole thing after they'd been trying for a few months. Hoping you have a good month or so off and then you're ready to go get 'em! :winkwink:

Oh TL! I don't mean to be a jerk and get your hopes up, but I just can't help it! This all sounds so promising and I really hope this is it for you! :hugs:

Hoping so much that this is the month!! But, I truly do think it's all in my head... Maybe I just feel different because I know that DH's SA was normal. I dont know... :wacko:

Elliot, the cramps that you had, what did they feel like??

It's starting to get fuzzy now, because I've been having all sorts of different cramps since then. But what I do remember clearly is that it felt almost like AF cramps, but definitely different.

Does that make any sense? I remember thinking "Gee, it kinda feels like I'm eithering OVing, or else like AF is here, but it's not time for either one, and this feels kind of different. Plus, OV and AF are pretty much a constant, dull, ache, and this was not so constant. It was here and there, just enough to make me take note.

Also, OV is always focused on one ovary, but the cramping I got during 2ww seemed kind of closer to the middle of my body sometimes.

Because I can't help but blab :blush:....
I've also read that there are two types of cramping you might feel during the 2ww: one is implantation and its in the uterus. The other is from the little knob left on your ovary where the egg burst out. Supposedly this little knob (cyst?) can cause some cramping feelings as it pumps out the hormones needed to support implantation during the 2ww. It was a while since I read it, but I think that's right.

Fingers crossed for you!

What banrd/model are you liking? Can I be nosey? I hate underwire like the palague, so I'm crazy about the Warner model that has super soft fabric and nice shaping with no underwire or padding. Can't remember what it's called...
I've been a wired girl since I was about 14 so I can't do anything that's not wired or lined/slightly padded anymore.. I bought 4 different brands yesterday all based on fit so I don't even remember their names since the whole pile was like 20 bras that I tried on!! I do remember that one of the cotton/lace ones I did buy was a vera wang one. So soft and comfy. I just loved how it felt!

I've been a wired girl since I was about 14 so I can't do anything that's not wired or lined/slightly padded anymore.. I bought 4 different brands yesterday all based on fit so I don't even remember their names since the whole pile was like 20 bras that I tried on!! I do remember that one of the cotton/lace ones I did buy was a vera wang one. So soft and comfy. I just loved how it felt!

Oh I'm so with you on the soft & comfy factor. And also definitely in on light padding. I like the sort of lining/padding that keeps you discreet (as in... the world can not tell when you're cold! :winkwink:), but don't like the stiff feeling of push-up padding or the thicker stuff.

I think it's so tough to find a good bra, so yippee for you finding FOUR good ones!

My mum tried to give me a pair of jeans over the weekend that she got at TJMaxx for $3. They fit, but looked like a giant sack and made me feel like an old mother who's just completely "given up" if you know what I mean. She couldn't beleive I didn't want them 'cause she was all about how it's important to be comfy.

And I was trying to tell her how YES! Comfy is king. But I want to feel okay about myself too, so I've been working really hard to find stuff that both feels good, and makes me feel good... know what I mean? Sounds like your bras are that 4 Sure!

It's starting to get fuzzy now, because I've been having all sorts of different cramps since then. But what I do remember clearly is that it felt almost like AF cramps, but definitely different.

Does that make any sense? I remember thinking "Gee, it kinda feels like I'm eithering OVing, or else like AF is here, but it's not time for either one, and this feels kind of different. Plus, OV and AF are pretty much a constant, dull, ache, and this was not so constant. It was here and there, just enough to make me take note.

Also, OV is always focused on one ovary, but the cramping I got during 2ww seemed kind of closer to the middle of my body sometimes.

Because I can't help but blab :blush:....
I've also read that there are two types of cramping you might feel during the 2ww: one is implantation and its in the uterus. The other is from the little knob left on your ovary where the egg burst out. Supposedly this little knob (cyst?) can cause some cramping feelings as it pumps out the hormones needed to support implantation during the 2ww. It was a while since I read it, but I think that's right.

Fingers crossed for you!

O M G!! Hoping, hoping, hoping that is what it is. Thank you for letting me know that :flower: I have read, though, that that cyst can stay there until the body knows or doesn't know that it's preganant, and then it just dissolves if it's not. But, I am hoping that it didn't dissolve. Please let this month be my month and the end to my long ttc road!!

Ya, I think this is a totally different fashion world for mommys-to-be now than when our moms were.... It's important to be cute still... and they just were okay with wearing elastic waist jeans :)

Omg, my SIL just took my MIL to the ER. Not sure what's wrong, but they couldn't understand anything that was coming out of her mouth... I didn't think DH's family could get any more medically drama-filled... FXed.

Hope everything's okay TL. So sorry to hear there's more bad news in DH's family, but try not to let yourself get too stressed about it for the sake of your TTC. Fingers crossed everyone ends up okay.

Elliot: I get the body by victoria wireless push ups and they are GREAT! If you are going for a bigger size, then its not really a push up but a "keep me up" lol. There isn't extra padding. It just has the thin padding to just give it a round shape but thats it. I HATE underwire too, they dig into my ribs!

Okay so I am having that weird cramps. I was driving and at first it felt like the twingy AF cramps. Which I got in almost the entire 2 ww. But then it switched to a sharp pain on my left ovary, just like Ov pain. Now I got my Ov pain on the left this month. So I dunno, maybe embryo is traveling today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->