• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New cycle - onwards and upwards

Well I just spoke with my doctor and she says the best sperm is every 72 hours...but because it is a pain to schedule it like that they say every other day works best or you just deplete the hubby's reserve...so now I am bummed thinking that because I wanted it in March so badly that I pushed for the 6 consecutive days marathon that I may have been a disservice to myself and the task at hand :wacko:...:cry:

ohhh thats why they say every other day! I'm going to have another go tonight, have a day off and then have another go tomorrow!

yes apparently the sperm needs time to mature. They are not just ready to go on command...booooooooooo!

Well I just spoke with my doctor and she says the best sperm is every 72 hours...but because it is a pain to schedule it like that they say every other day works best or you just deplete the hubby's reserve...so now I am bummed thinking that because I wanted it in March so badly that I pushed for the 6 consecutive days marathon that I may have been a disservice to myself and the task at hand :wacko:...:cry:

ohhh thats why they say every other day! I'm going to have another go tonight, have a day off and then have another go tomorrow!

yes apparently the sperm needs time to mature. They are not just ready to go on command...booooooooooo!

What a pain! Another factor to take into account! So wrt to OV when are you meant to DTD if its only once every 3 days? Before/during/after the LH surge? Helllpppppppppppppppppppppppp

Not that this is a scientific answer but.... may make you feel better....

My best friend was TTC for a 1 year and 8 months. The month that she got pregnant she had sex everyday for 14 days straight... the week before OV and the week after . She decided she wanted to make sure she covered every possible day (poor husband LOL:haha:) and for whatever reason it worked!!! I guess it only take one little wriggler xxx :hugs:

Not that this is a scientific answer but.... may make you feel better....

My best friend was TTC for a 1 year and 8 months. The month that she got pregnant she had sex everyday for 14 days straight... the week before OV and the week after . She decided she wanted to make sure she covered every possible day (poor husband LOL:haha:) and for whatever reason it worked!!! I guess it only take one little wriggler xxx :hugs:

Thats true - I think my DH would drop dead if I said it was game on for 14 days straight!

:hugs:

hehe

For some people it works every day, for others it is best every other day... it's so annoying not to know what is best. My hubby is having his SA done this week so that should give us a better picture of what is best for us.

Well girls how are well going? I got my peak on my CBFM this morning day 14 as expected - DTD last night and plan to again this evening. Hopefully have all my bases covered!

Everyone else getting on ok? Much OV going on all round?

I think I OVed but my temp hasn't risen as much as I would expect it to. (click on the banner below) I had what I thought were ov pains late Friday/early Saturday. (around midnight) Had a positive OPK at noon Friday. But I've also had a few twinges over the weekend as well. Thursday and Friday were my wettest days, and other than that I find it hard to detect the CM (so I only fill it in when I notice it specifically)

For some people it works every day, for others it is best every other day... it's so annoying not to know what is best. My hubby is having his SA done this week so that should give us a better picture of what is best for us.

Hope it goes well - we eagerly await the SA results!

:spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy::spermy:

Well girls how are well going? I got my peak on my CBFM this morning day 14 as expected - DTD last night and plan to again this evening. Hopefully have all my bases covered!

Everyone else getting on ok? Much OV going on all round?

I think I OVed but my temp hasn't risen as much as I would expect it to. (click on the banner below) I had what I thought were ov pains late Friday/early Saturday. (around midnight) Had a positive OPK at noon Friday. But I've also had a few twinges over the weekend as well. Thursday and Friday were my wettest days, and other than that I find it hard to detect the CM (so I only fill it in when I notice it specifically)

Def looks like you have all your bases covered :flower:

There is no way I would ask DH to give up his coffee - I'll take the caffeinated :spermy:!

I didn't! He took it upon himself...I told him to PLEASE have a cup of coffee....

Anyway, we managed to forgive and forget and BD...but now I am reading that we should be doing it every other day?

Aaaaa... There is so much contradictory info out there...I read a Q and A with a FS and he said that every other day is recommended for low sperm count, every day for everyone else, but never more than 1x/day....

No temp rise this morning and a third positive OPK...this B complex is simply amazing! DH even said that we probably don't even need preseed anymore!

Used the soft cups for the first time last night...

Agreed...Did your OH protest the SA at all? Mine would only agree to go if the 3rd time was not the charm..

Agreed...Did your OH protest the SA at all? Mine would only agree to go if the 3rd time was not the charm..

Mine is protesting still.. he feels "uncomfortable" having to give a sample...yeah cause it is THAT HARD! LOL I swear, if men were in our shoes our race would be extinct!

Mine is protesting still.. he feels "uncomfortable" having to give a sample...yeah cause it is THAT HARD! LOL I swear, if men were in our shoes our race would be extinct!

Maybe he should carry his own mags in or maybe you could shoot him some pics to his phone! LOL! Anything to help the poor dear!

Maybe he should carry his own mags in or maybe you could shoot him some pics to his phone! LOL! Anything to help the poor dear!

oh no, he doesn't even need to go in! The sample will be taken at home and I will drive it in

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/The-Fertile-Window---Scientific-Literature-Review.html

Woo hooo CD14 and peak reading on CBFM.... well actually I got a positive on a cheapie test last night as I had a feeling I was going to get a surge during the day cause I felt odd (thats the only way I can describe it), so I kind of knew I would get a peak today... but I am still excited just to see it on the monitor:happydance:
Lots :sex:done every other day so far so just a few extra days should cover all bases and then the waiting beings :huh:!!!!
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Woo hooo CD14 and peak reading on CBFM.... well actually I got a positive on a cheapie test last night as I had a feeling I was going to get a surge during the day cause I felt odd (thats the only way I can describe it), so I kind of knew I would get a peak today... but I am still excited just to see it on the monitor:happydance:
Lots :sex:done every other day so far so just a few extra days should cover all bases and then the waiting beings :huh:!!!!

Oh God how we love the waiting game! lol:wacko:
Here's to all our BFP's!! :happydance:

Oh God how we love the waiting game! lol:wacko:
Here's to all our BFP's!! :happydance:

I got my second peak on the CBFM today - got a smiley on the CB digitial and second line on internet cheapy last night - but wasn't expecting a second peak today! No way I can get DH to DTD tonight again (did last night) so will just have to leave it til tomorrow! Hope that covers my bases!

right on for all the peaks!

Get to it ladies, and if not just remember it is best when the sperm is already there waiting for the egg to drop.:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->