• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New cycle - onwards and upwards

CD 15 and second Peak on CBFM just a few more days then back to BD'ing for fun ....that's if we both have any energy left:sleep:.
I am already dreading the 2WW wait!! I always start my cycle feeling positive then slowly (after OV) my brain just goes into “it hasn’t worked again mode” even though I have no clue if it has or not, it’s exhausting!!!!
I really feel positive that one of us in this thread will be lucky this month!!! Fingers crossed everyone :baby:x
I will be able to test on Easter weekend to see if the Easter bunny has been kind enough to leave me a little fertilised egg...:bunny:please let time fly by i hate waiting he he he
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

CD 15 and second Peak on CBFM just a few more days then back to BD'ing for fun ....that's if we both have any energy left:sleep:.
I am already dreading the 2WW wait!! I always start my cycle feeling positive then slowly (after OV) my brain just goes into “it hasn’t worked again mode” even though I have no clue if it has or not, it’s exhausting!!!!
I really feel positive that one of us in this thread will be lucky this month!!! Fingers crossed everyone :baby:x
I will be able to test on Easter weekend to see if the Easter bunny has been kind enough to leave me a little fertilised egg...:bunny:please let time fly by i hate waiting he he he

Hi Nat, I will be testing on Easter weekend too - hopefully it will be a nice Easter egg hunt and I find what I want!!! a hot cross bun in the oven. lol :haha:
I feel the same as you in regard to losing the positive thoughts the further into the TWW I go. It is sometimes a bit all consuming :wacko:
Here's looking forward to hearing all the BFP stories!!!
:dust::dust::dust:

Hi Nat, I will be testing on Easter weekend too - hopefully it will be a nice Easter egg hunt and I find what I want!!! a hot cross bun in the oven. lol :haha:
I feel the same as you in regard to losing the positive thoughts the further into the TWW I go. It is sometimes a bit all consuming :wacko:

ha ha ha hot cross bun in the oven that made me lmao:haha:.
It's so hard to stay positive but I am gonna try. And, also try not to symptom check...........yhe right as if that’s gonna happen LOL here’s to the next 2 weeks x
:hugs:

ha ha ha hot cross bun in the oven that made me lmao:haha:.
It's so hard to stay positive but I am gonna try. And, also try not to symptom check...........yhe right as if that’s gonna happen LOL here’s to the next 2 weeks x

I think the more I think about not thinking about it, the more I end up thinking about it??!! does that make sense? :dohh:

that is why I planned a week long trip this time around LOL... I get to go see my old friends out of town so that will keep me busy and not thinking about it all...at least for a week hehehe

that is why I planned a week long trip this time around LOL... I get to go see my old friends out of town so that will keep me busy and not thinking about it all...at least for a week hehehe

Ooh is this your trip to Cali?? when do you go? the weather should be warming up nicely in Santa Monica - hopefully.:happydance:

well, that's certainly something to look forward to and to focus on other than the whole TTC business.:thumbup:

Well ladies - here we go again, thought I would start a new thread for all those of who didn't manage a :bfp: last time and are moving on to a new cycle and about to go through the monthly madness all over again.

Who's with me! :flower:

Hi ladies, I am with you guys if you will have me. This is TTC cycle #2 for me. I am an ex-mirena user and hoping this doesn't take until the end of time. Last month was unsuccessful and I would love to chat it up and stress in the 2WW with you ladies. I almost went smack dab crazy last cycle but somehow knew that there was no baby despite all of the BD'ing. Poor DH, he is really amped this month and saying "I am ready, have you ovulted?" lol he askes this every day, God bless him, the answer to that is no. lol Does anyone feel some form of anxiety again about TTC? I am so apprehensive, and trying not the be pessimistic. Just thinking if I don't bank on conceiving this month then it just might happen... what do you ladies think?

Hi ladies, I am with you guys if you will have me. This is TTC cycle #2 for me. I am an ex-mirena user and hoping this doesn't take until the end of time. Last month was unsuccessful and I would love to chat it up and stress in the 2WW with you ladies. I almost went smack dab crazy last cycle but somehow knew that there was no baby despite all of the BD'ing. Poor DH, he is really amped this month and saying "I am ready, have you ovulted?" lol he askes this every day, God bless him, the answer to that is no. lol Does anyone feel some form of anxiety again about TTC? I am so apprehensive, and trying not the be pessimistic. Just thinking if I don't bank on conceiving this month then it just might happen... what do you ladies think?

some times when you least think about it is when it happens LOL...so yes, I would say just have fun and it will come

Does anyone feel some form of anxiety again about TTC? I am so apprehensive, and trying not the be pessimistic. Just thinking if I don't bank on conceiving this month then it just might happen... what do you ladies think?

Maybe you're just trying to manage your expectations?
Sometimes I find myself downright apathetic about this venture.

I have been with my DH for 20 years, and we were never like most couples around us... 'certain' that we wanted kids...When he turned 40, he was suddenly 'certain'. I think I am more anxious about letting him down than anything else. I feel so pessimistic and apprehensive about the whole thing that sometimes I can't relate to many of the women here. I don't feel symptoms like everyone else here, I am happy when others get BFPs and the 2 ww barely phases me. Maybe it's because I am just managing my expectations or maybe things will change once we have been at this longer...I don't know...I am always thinking in the back of my mind that there IS something to be said about not having kids...It's the letting him down that affects me the most...

Ok so the pessimist in me is starting to rear her ugly head:growlmad:!!! Why do I always feel like this after OV. It's like I am on a come down after being so excited waiting to OV.
I have convinced myself this month is going to be like all the other months and be BPN for me. My friend at work announced today that she is pregnant and is showing us all her 3 month scan pictures ouch!!! I am really happy for her she so lovely but the pessimist in me is screaming it will never be you just forget it and be happy with your lot!
Think it’s time to break open the chocolate digestives and dunk them in a big cuppa tea to cheer myself up.....I know I am being pathetic get a grip and chill out women.
:coffee:

Ok so the pessimist in me is starting to rear her ugly head:growlmad:!!! Why do I always feel like this after OV. It's like I am on a come down after being so excited waiting to OV.
I have convinced myself this month is going to be like all the other months and be BPN for me. My friend at work announced today that she is pregnant and is showing us all her 3 month scan pictures ouch!!! I am really happy for her she so lovely but the pessimist in me is screaming it will never be you just forget it and be happy with your lot!
Think it’s time to break open the chocolate digestives and dunk them in a big cuppa tea to cheer myself up.....I know I am being pathetic get a grip and chill out women.
:coffee:

I too am in the 2ww now and already feeling like I failed - stupid really cause I habe absolutely no way of telling whats happening at the minute. Used the CBFM, covered all my bases and back to the waiting game *sigh* - you really could wish your life away with this TTC.

Been there so many times having to ooh and aah over everyones scan pictures - it can be really hard. Have an extra chocolate digestive and hold on to the thought it will be you with those scan pcitures soon!

Does anyone feel some form of anxiety again about TTC? I am so apprehensive, and trying not the be pessimistic. Just thinking if I don't bank on conceiving this month then it just might happen... what do you ladies think?

I have been with my DH for 20 years, and we were never like most couples around us... 'certain' that we wanted kids...When he turned 40, he was suddenly 'certain'. I think I am more anxious about letting him down than anything else. I feel so pessimistic and apprehensive about the whole thing that sometimes I can't relate to many of the women here. I don't feel symptoms like everyone else here, I am happy when others get BFPs and the 2 ww barely phases me. Maybe it's because I am just managing my expectations or maybe things will change once we have been at this longer...I don't know...I am always thinking in the back of my mind that there IS something to be said about not having kids...It's the letting him down that affects me the most...

I think this journey is different for everyone! I wish the 2WW didn't phase me, but it does :( Oh and there IS something to be said about not having kids - you do give up a lot for them, so when I get my :bfn: I curl up with my DH and remind myself we wouldn't have so much cuddle time if we had a :baby: that needed us. I guess there are pros and cons to having and not having. I still want one though!

Do you really want one or is it more cause hubby does?

I think this journey is different for everyone! I wish the 2WW didn't phase me, but it does :( Oh and there IS something to be said about not having kids - you do give up a lot for them, so when I get my :bfn: I curl up with my DH and remind myself we wouldn't have so much cuddle time if we had a :baby: that needed us. I guess there are pros and cons to having and not having. I still want one though!

I am doing ok so far in the TWW managing to keep fairly sane,I think that may change next week though and then it will be driving me mad!
I am under no illusion that having a baby/child is hard work and the sacrifce can be imense, but as you say "I still want one! lol :thumbup:

I think I do...?...

Some days I do, but some days I feel so content with our lives now that I ask myself, 'Why rock the boat?'

I always knew this much...I am not one of those 'Wonder Women' that can do it all...career & kids. I always knew that if we would ever do this, I would stay home and focus on motherhood. And now that we are at that place where we can live comfortably on his salary, it started seeming to me that this could potentially work...but now I am going to be 39 soon and find myself wishing we could have come to this place a decade ago...We actually talked about it over lunch yesterday, and to my surprise, we are actually on the same page. If it doesn't happen naturally by the time I am 40, then we'll move on...without medical interventions like AI or IVF or IUI..."nothing with initials" is what he said...hehe...which actually made me feel like some of the pressure was off me..

I just question it all because I seem to be lacking that profound longing I sense from the women here

I just question it all because I seem to be lacking that profound longing I sense from the women here[/QUOTE]

You’re not the only one!!! I sometimes think "you know what we are happy as we are why change things". But then I remember how I felt when we did get pregnant (Dec 2007 MC) and I change my mind again. But I do go between the two extremes from one week to the next!!!:wacko:

The thing with me is I know that if we never have children i will not have any regrets, I am happy with my lot and having a baby would be the huge cherry on top of a really yummy cake I already have. But thats just me x

You’re not the only one!!! I sometimes think "you know what we are happy as we are why change things". But then I remember how I felt when we did get pregnant (Dec 2007 MC) and I change my mind again. But I do go between the two extremes from one week to the next!!!:wacko:

The thing with me is I know that if we never have children i will not have any regrets, I am happy with my lot and having a baby would be the huge cherry on top of a really yummy cake I already have. But thats just me x

Thank you so much for this reply...you have no idea how less alone it made me feel...:hugs:

Thank you so much for this reply...you have no idea how less alone it made me feel...:hugs:

I vacillate between the two as well and it seems to depend on what is going on with my body. This month I have none of the phantom symptoms and I'm happy as a clam the way things are. Sure, I bought a BBT and have played with it some, but I didn't wake up this morning and take my take my temperature just to get a head start seeing what happens at the end of my cycle. I guess in my eyes, that would be overkill! Alternatively, if my breasts were really sore and the bloating was particularly bad and I had mild cramps, I'd be in a totally different state in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->