NEW! Friends on Femara

Any news from anyone? I'm still patiently (not really that patient) waiting for AF to start and see where we go from here. ALso still waiting to hear back on all the bloodwork our RE did after our miscarriage.

SOOOO random tmi question lol... Have you guys gone into your RE on Day 1 of cycle and had an ultrasound? Is is like a reg one or..internal? Sorry was just freaking a bit about that...

Hello! I conceived my almost 2 yr old boy with letrozole second try (No IUI), we are now trying for second baby since the last 6 months-we did letrozole 5 mg Days 3-7 + IUI this cycle and just waiting in the 2 week wait now-I will take a pregnancy test 9/23!

Welcome, laylo! :wave: GL!

MH, I usually go in on CD3 for the baseline scan; it's always been internal for me. I call it the dildo cam hahaha! Not fun, esp when you're on AF and extra sensitive, but you learn to get used to it. Just remember they see people on AF everyday and it's nothing to them. I hope this is your cycle!

AFM... I go in for my follie scan tomorrow :wacko: I'm so nervous. Been feeling a lot going on but not sure if I'll have a good follie or not. I keep hoping for 2+ but I only ever get one. We can't decide if we'll do an IUI or not. If I have to miss work, I can't. I would hate for DH to miss work but he technically could without consequences; just a little less pay. I've been getting decent lines on OPKs but not positive yet, which is good. I got my trigger shot in the fridge ready to go for tomorrow. Wish me luck, ladies!

Hello and welcome Laylo! Fx for you!!

UGH that's what i was afraid of.. why does it have to be internal on AF.. how awkward lol... I will be dreading that for the next week!

I hope you have some nice follies wifey! FX keep us updated!

Few more days until my cycle starts..excited but dreading possibly having an internal ultrasound and af at same time..lol.. how do you guys handle that?

How are you all doing? Hope you're all enjoying your weekend.

My follie scan went great! I had a 15mm, 19mm and 20mm. So thrilled! I triggered Thursday night to O on Sat; BD Fri/Sat/Sun. Hoping we catch one. Or two :winkwink: we were going to do an IUI but it just didn't work out with being so tired from the work week and the distance to get there so early in the morning. I don't really need the IUI though thank god, so I feel good about it. :) this is going to be a tough TWW! I usually only get one follie, so to have 3 is amazing to me! Wish me luck, girls!

I wouldn't stress about the US MHankins, it's not as bad as you'd think! Most of the time I don't even see barely any blood on the wand when he pulls it out, and I haven't spotted on the table. They'll know you're on AF and will make sure to take good care of you. Like I said, they see this all day, everyday. It's not worth stressing yourself! <3 GL this cycle and I hope you get your BFP!!

Thanks Wifey, needed that lol. I am so happy your scan went well! That's awesome and I am super excited for you! EEK! I feel like I'm in the TWW with you lol. I will be there shortly. That's cool you didn't have to do the IUI and hopefully you caught one......or two :)

FX!!

I feel like I'm in a never ending wait. It has been over 6 weeks and I still haven't started AF after our MMC and D&C. I just want my body back to normal. I feel like my hormones are still crazy.

Well my cycle has officially started, but I have been trying to call the Drs all moving and have yet been able to talk to anyone. Little frustrating, didn't have this problem when I was going to try last cycle. Oh well, hope they call me back soon!

Do you ever get hit with emotion like a sack of bricks? lol. I found myself fighting back the urge to cry while on the phone with the nurse this morning, so unlike me. At my first appointment they told me I can go in cycle day 1 and have my blood work done, some being for diseases that need to be done before we can order our donor vials. Now today, they are telling my its too late. The results, which can take up to a week to come in, need to be in before we can have the vials shipped. I think I have enough time but I guess it is a little risky, especially because I don't know how my body with react with Femara. They said I can still try to go ahead with this cycle but no results=no vials= no IUI. I think the idea of having to sit out another cycle brought the wave of tears along with the frustration of being told two different things. My husband was PO'ed and it was a good thing I got to the mute button ha ha. Anyway, we went in today for the blood work and going in for the Ultrasound tomorrow. We decided to go ahead with this cycle, I am really hoping we can get it all together in time. I went in today for the blood work because my luck, if I waited until tomorrow, I'd miss it by a day. I'm still finding my self fighting tears, what's the deal?

Sorry for the long post, but vent over. Ha Ha.

P.S sorry if it makes no sense.

Just to update, our doctor called yesterday and has my blood work back. Just a reminder, our results from D&C came back normal so he ordered tons of blood work to test for lots of different things. My APA was borderline, but he thinks no need for treatment at this time because the cutoff is like 50.0 and mine was 50.7. He told me I can take a baby aspirin daily just to help my feelings. Out of the genetic chromosome blood work 173 things were negative out of 174. The one that came back was primary hyteroxaluaria Type 3. I'm not sure exactly what that is. He said as long as my husband is not a carrier for that same genetic disposition then it is fine. We would both have to be carriers in order for our child to have it. They gave me a number for a genetic counselor but I have not called them yet.

It looks like we are still waiting on hubby's blood work to come back and then we will go from there. So we don't have a plan in place moving forward, but it seems to look like we will try Femara + IUI + loads of prayer this next go around. I would appreciate your positive vibes! I still have not started AF so it may be several more weeks before we get anything going but I feel better knowing we are starting to move in the right direction again. I don't feel as "stuck"

Hey jcleary, I am glad you finally got your blood work results back and like you said, at least you don't feel stuck and like you're getting some where. It totally sucks waiting to wait! I hope AF arrives here for you soon!

Thanks mhankins! Hope things go well for you too. Hoping the timing is perfect for you so that things go well this cycle

Thank you! I sure hope so! I pray for the same thing for you all too!

Aww, mhankins, I'm sorry you're having an emotional time. I've totally been there and it's no fun. Clomid make me a hormonal monster -- happy, sad, bawling, mad, sad, happy, weepy -- over and over again. Maybe it's just the meds and your hormones. I hope it all works out perfectly for you with the timing. If it's meant to be, it will happen. Worst case, you don't get the vials but hopefully you still O -- it will at least let you know when to expect AF and that the meds worked.

So happy to hear from you, jcleary. It's awesome to not feel stuck. Can't wait to see you get your rainbow babe!

Hoping and praying for the best for you girls.

The problem of going through with the cycle and not getting the results back in time is that it would be a waste of $800 on monitoring and no iui.

I wish I could blame yesterday on the meds but I haven't started taking any yet lol. I was able to pull myself together yesterday after the vent though lol. Went in for my ultrasound and more blood work today. Unfortunately, the cyst i was worried about that was there when we tried over a year ago is still there on the left side and now there is one on the right as well. There is talk of putting me on birth control... exactly what I wanted to hear *sarcasm*... They also said that my linning is still too thick? to start meds I think? idk. They are waiting for the blood work results and then will call me with the plan.. either continue on or start birth control. I am so torn but I guess I have to follow their suggestions. Looks like I will possibly sitting out another cycle though.

Well got some good news from the Drs. He thinks the new cyst on the right will go away as my cycle continues and that he thinks the left one has been there for a while, which it has. He said we can continue with this cycle and I start meds on Friday and then an ultrasound again on the 30th.

I will be taking it in the am and pm, is that the same for you guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->