New pram for second baby ?

Meganmae

Reaction score
Hi I'm 17 weeks on Tuesday, I have an I candy from my dad who is just 3 , I'm just wondering if others are using the same one from before or buying new , I really love the bugaboo But tbh the other cost a lot and I'd be wasting money :shrug:

I'm buying new, but my youngest will be 4 by then and I don't have any prams left haha. I'm buying a bugaboo bee3.

If you really want new, can you sell your icandy to fund?

I always said I would use the first for my second but I bought a peach instead lol. Now I'm going to look at getting either a buzz xtra or digging out my 2012 buzz from my first as I hate my icandy x

I did use dd1's pram for dd2 (2y9m gap) but have a new pram for this baby as we needed a double.

I used the same pram for number 2 (although we bought the double attachment) and will use it again for number 3, and will probably still get some use out of it as a double.

I'm hopefully ditching mine altogether for baby wearing but if I do use it I'll use the same, it's in perfect condition.

I have Bugaboo's, I had a Chameleon with my first. When my second came along I got a Britax B-Ready tandem so the car seat can go on bottom, but after my second got older I got the Bugaboo Buffalo with the skateboard that attaches to the back so my son can ride on that and my daughter on the seat. Now baby number 3 is on the way so we just got the Bugaboo Donkey so baby can be in car seat next to my daughter in the seat and then put the skateboard in the back so all 3 can ride. My son (4 years old) is still very distracted while walking so it is already hard enough getting him to keep up walking next to me without him getting distracted and stopping every time he wants to look at something, then we have tried having our daughter (2 years old) walk and she runs and also is distracted a lot by things she wants to look at. So that is why I am opting to get a strollers that accommodate our needs.

I believe it is a personal choice to get a new push chair or use the same one, if you think it will be more convenient and have the financial means then get what accommodates your needs.

I used the same one and we had a 6 yr gap. We have a silver cross linear sleepover.

We've brought new, but had I of kept my DDs buggy I would have reused depending on the condition

I haven't checked the condition of it yet but if it's perfect we'll be using DS's (will be a 6 yr gap).

We are buying new though I agree it's an unnecessary expense of the first one is still in good condition.
We have the Quinny buzz from dd (also 3) and we hated it. Going for a Mutsy Igo this time. Not a very popular brand in the uk but it ticked every box for us.

I'll be getting a new one for this baby. I loved how my little girls pushchair looks but it's so crap! The wheels are flimsy and it's so difficult to convert (pilko pramette) but even if I wanted to keep it it's so filthy :blush: I have no idea how people with kiddies manage to keep things in good condition! And it isn't washable so need a new one and I figured being the second I won't have to buy new nursery furniture or crib ect so it's not so bad X

Won't be buying a new one. If I had the money and OH was ok with it the maybe but my oyster is still in good condition. We will be getting new car seat

I'm reusing my bugaboo Cameleon but I am getting a bugaboo bee for the car. Always wanted one with my first born and never did so def treating myself to one this time x

I really wanted a new pretty pram - I have a love hate relationship with my daughters pram - it's in OK condition, the wheels are pretty worn but work because they are plastic. I hated the fact it was so wide so a pain to go on trains with and to the shops - but a great walking pram. In the end it came down to money - we wouldn't get much if we sold this one, so the cost of a new one would just be a very high cost for us considering we only used my daughters pram for two years anyway. I've compromised and we are giving the old pram a makeover with new liners and covers instead.

I was fully intending on reusing our pram (Silver Cross Linear Freeway) BUT I have been looking at others as I did have a few issues with the SC.

So potentially yes will re use as don't want to spend money if we don't need to but possibly if I find a different pram that completely fills all criteria!

I agree that for many, this is really a matter of personal opinion/preference.

For me, I don't like "wasting money" and buying a new pram/stroller just feels like a waste. We bought ours (a Quinny Buzz) new from a 'going out of business sale' for our first baby before he was born, and really had no idea what features we really needed. Looking back, there are lots of things about the Buzz that I do NOT like at all (especially the lack of storage space underneath!) but we've used it for DS and DD, and are planning to use it again for Baby #3 (there will be a 5 year gap between my oldest and the new baby).

Like a PP, with my DD I used the Quinny a lot less as I was really into baby wearing, but there were lots of situations where it was just more convenient to have the stroller available (and now that she's older and I'm pregnant again, I don't wear her anymore so we use it often). But despite the things I dislike on the Quinny, I just wouldn't be willing to spend any more money buying another one (even with selling the one we have).

But to each their own! :flower:

We're keeping same one ! As still got car seat to go on everything !

But where gunna buy a cheap double buggy as my son will only be one when she's born x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->