New to charting- is this good?

Domara

Reaction score
I have only been charting for a month and a half or so after coming off the pill. I had a positive OPK on 8/20. I think my chart looks good since my temp is staying up so far, is that right? I am only 5/6 DPO.

https://fertilityfriend.com/home/4a8df1

Hi! I have never charted before but would b interested to know.... Hope it's all good xx

I think your chart looks good, you are probably a slow riser, which is what I am...here is my chart so you can compare:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26c830/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Oh and following on from my reply above, I think my temps look questionable at first as they don't rise much in the days following ovulation but I've just had my blood test results and they confirmed I ovulated!!! :)

Can I just ask, how do they know you have ov'd from a blood test? How does it work? Hope you don't mind me asking x

7 days before your period (usually day 21 but was 25 for me as I have longer cycles) they test your progesterone levels by taking blood. The receptionist told me my levels and read out that if it's above 20 then you've ovulated. Mine were way above and I had mine bloods taken a day early.

I've always been fairly confident about ovulating due to all the signs and charting my temperature but good to get confirmation. If you don't already then I definitely recommend charting your temperature.

That's good! Thanks for sharing. I am on a learning mission ha.

I haven't read a lot about temping, do I have to do it the same time everyday? If so, what times best? As my drs gets up randomly between half 5 and 8am

Yes you have to take your temp at the same time every day, I do mine at 6am, and when my son gets up later than that I still do it at 6am but try and go back to sleep. It can be a pain in the backside to be honest, but once you get used to it it becomes second nature. I temp vaginally as the temps are much more accurate, and if you ever take your temp earlier or later then I dont think it's a problem, as I've done this before and still pinpointed Ovulation. You need to make sure you use a basal body thermometer which is .00 as a normal thermometer (like one you'd take your kids temp of for instance) wouldn't be sensitive enough.

I think your temps look great :) As long as there is a steady rise after cross hairs appear on your chart and you remember to temp at the same time every day then it should be a doddle.

I used to temp but stopped because it got my hopes up too much every cycle. Personally my temp stays high until a couple of days after AF. The myth is that if your temp continues to rise then it's a good indication that you're pregnant. I never was but my cruel body made me think I was every month.

I know now when I ovulate due to cramping and tonnes of EWCM so I don't feel the need to temp any more.

Temping is great to get in sync with your body but don't rely on it for predicting pregnancy xx

Thanks ladies! Think if like to temp to know when Ov as I am a bit random it appears.... Up until recently I knew I was ov-ing but now I want a baba it's all changed! Typical lol

I am guessing you can just order a bbt online and it's cheaper? I have never used opks as they seem difficult to use - well not as straight forward??...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->