New to Charting? Join other newbies here!

*hmpf* my temps after ovulation look crap compared to last month :(

ok, good morning you luverly lot!!! :hugs:....hubby and i cannot fathom this, and unlessi figure it out ill be pos for days on end lol.
i have roughly a 41 day cycle, and af for roughly 10 days,,,,, so roughly when do i start looking for ov????:shrug:. nd btw...this thread is giving me so much more pma!!!! i love looking and seing im not alone:happydance::happydance::happydance:

love to you all
4ever XX:headspin::hugs2::headspin::hugs2::friends::friends::friends:

Well for my 38 day cycle I think its advised to test from CD20 onwards so 41 I'd guess CD22?

*hmpf* my temps after ovulation look crap compared to last month :(

Your chart is looking fine pichi!!! I would be totally happy with nice temps like that. Sometimes I think I have a low progesterone because of my temps.

Sending you loads of :dust:

see how crap my chart was this cycle lol https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/moochacha... Argh I have to find the link for the FF ticker again. It keeps trying to make me make a pregnancy ticker.

girls, im really not being ignorant by not commenting on cycles, i do look, and i am interested but its all double dutch for a while......i will get the idea soon enough :hugs:

girls, im really not being ignorant by not commenting on cycles, i do look, and i am interested but its all double dutch for a while......i will get the idea soon enough :hugs:

Hehe its all good chick!!!! It took me a while to figure it all out as well. I think its all in the practice of charting!!! Good luck for you this cycle, we will keep an eye on your chart :flower:

hello am new here i have been trying to conceive for 5 years just wondering if someone could help me i want to no how you do these charts that you have all got on thank you

Sam - Welcome

If you go to www.fertilityfriend.com you can sign up and get going. There is a full tutorial on there on how to chart etc. You will need to pick up a BBT thermometer (Boots etc do them) - they are about £3.00 online also. It needs to be 2 decimal points - i.e. 97.55

It's normally advisable to chart charting from the first day of your period, however if you are mid cycle, you can start taking your temp etc to get into a routine. You need to take your temperature first thing in the morning (and at the same time if possible) - before getting up, having a drink etc.

Good luck :)

Hi Sam. Firstly you need to sign up to somewhere like Fertility Friend and also get yourself a BBT (Body Bass Thermometer). Basically the idea is is that you take your temp literally as soon as you wake up every morning, preferably at the same time each day. You then log it on the chart. If you take it after being awake for too long or moving too much, the temp will be unreliable.

From the overall patterns that your temps start to make, you can see when you have ovulated and therefore you know how well you timed you bd-ing (baby dance!!). You can also watch your temps over the 2 weeks past ovulation - if it drops below the coverline (Fertility Friend will automatically add this - it's basically your average temp before ovulation) then the chances are you are about to have your AF (aunt flow), so really you want your temp to stay high, if not go even higher.

There are other things you can monitor and log as well and the more you do the better and more reliable your chart will be.

Firstly you can monitor you CM (cervical mucus). This changes throughout your cycle. At first you may not have any. Then it goes sticky. On the lead up to ovulation it will go creamy and then when you are about to ovulate it will go watery or even better like an egg white consistency. This is when you want to make sure you are bd-ing (at least every other day). After you ovulate your CM will go back to sticky. It may also stay creamy. Sometimes creamy CM after ovulation is a sign that you have conceived.

The other thing to check could be your CP (cervical position) but some ladies find this a little bit invasive. It involves inserting your fingers inside yourself and feeling your cervix. If it's low and hard, you are not ovulating. If it's soft and high.. you may be ovulating. It's a bit unreliable on it's own as the position can change throughout the day.

Sometimes people realise they have been timing their bd-ing incorrectly or they can see that the time after their ovulation is too short and therefore may need some help to sort that out. Sometimes they find out they aren't ovulating at all.

An ideal chart will start off with a mid or low temp during the AF. It will then drop or stay low and then may possibly drop again just before ovulation (this doesn't always happen). When you have ovulated your temp will rise above the other temps. You should have 3 higher temps before fertility friend will add a line to show when you ovulated. It should then stay high until your AF is about to come. If it continues to stay high after the AF is due then you are pregnant.

Think this is it!!!!! Good luck!!! It can really work - it did for me. xxx

Hey Fish&Chips - next big milestone for you is the 20 week scan right? Are you planning on finding out if little fishy is a he or she? x

i have got a cbfm i have been on that website an been through all the steps but not sure how to get the chart on here. it takes me all my time to get back to where i have been just trying to figure it all out.

If you go to your home page settings on FF it will give you a link to put in your signature on here :)

I'm not sure I'm afraid. Any one else?

Foxy.. end of the 1st tri for me on Thursday!! I can't believe it! And then yep, 20 week scan is the next big milestone. Both my and my dh are rubbish at surprises so we are going to find out the sex and let everyone know as soon as possible! x

Haha I'd be exactly the same. There is no way I could not find out! :) Wow end of 1st tri that is so exciting. x

i am on cd 15 my moniter is showing high but i usualy peak by now i am also on clomid this is my first month taking it but for the past 3 days i have been gettin alot of pressure in the pit of my stomach an very sore so i think im ovulating .

I'm not sure I'm afraid. Any one else?

Foxy.. end of the 1st tri for me on Thursday!! I can't believe it! And then yep, 20 week scan is the next big milestone. Both my and my dh are rubbish at surprises so we are going to find out the sex and let everyone know as soon as possible! x

Yay!! :happydance: I'm going to find out this time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->