New to Charting? Join other newbies here!

:rofl: I teach 5,6 and 7 year olds and I must have the patience of a saint with them some days. It is rewarding though, like yesterday a little boy who has big confidence issues came over at the end of the day and gave me the biggest hug and had the biggest smile on his face, I was really touched.

Yeah I'm in a nursery lol. Generally I love it, but then you get days like today that aren't so great (found a nit in my hair /cry). But yeah, mostly it's fantastic! The kids are so funny, and say the funniest things. We have this one little girl that makes up the most amazing songs from made up words lol, it's amazing!

XxX

Wow, an amazing job, one I know I could never do, you lot deserve medals and bloody big pay checks!

Haha sounds like my little boy, his current one is a "Kanka Kanka thing". Sorry about the spelling, im not great on "insane 3 year old" lol.

I like the children that speak like adults (too much Charlie and Lola if you ask me) but they sound so cute!

lol, wish the paychecks WERE big... I barely make £5k a year :( But it's a job I'm passionate about and I'd rather be happy in my job and poor than miserable and rich. I'm thinking about Uni to become a Reception teacher, but not sure what I want to do atm.

We'll be much better off when the job front is looking better again and DH can find a job. He was made redundant last Jan and hasn't been able to find a job since :(

XxX

Kaede, I'm sure you'd be fab training to do Reception if you are really passionate about it! Hope your DH finds work soon x

I like the children that speak like adults (too much Charlie and Lola if you ask me) but they sound so cute!

OMG!!!! I HATE Charlie and Lola... WITH A PASSION!!!!! lol. Give me Peppa Pig any day!

All this absolutely, completely, totally, honestly business... NO CHILD SPEAKS LIKE THAT!!! lol.. at least none I work with. We still have a few that can't say L's so it ends up coming out something like I wuv you :haha:

XxX

See thats the thing that really annoys me about nursery work, its so underpaid its shameful. I earn about 20k a year as a secretary and my job is a doddle and doesnt shape lives the way yours does, and fairygirls. Its so frustrating.

Thanks Fairygirl, but I'm happy where I am atm... it's just that the pay sucks. I want to enjoy a couple years without school/college to go to. I only finished qualifying for my lvel 3 NVQ in Children's Care, Learning and Development in like May or June lol. I like not having to do coursework aswell as observation write ups XD

XxX

Thanks Helly.
Kaede, The observations never stop even as a qualified teacher. My niece likes to use long words and I've met a couple of other children that do. The worst is the young ones with teenage attitude!

Yep, young ones with teenage attitudes, got one of those, he is three and you would swear he was 13.

Could not agree more about early childhood development professionals being underpaid - it is a crime. Although I'm sure I'll regret saying that if/when I have to pay for child care! But really, you are shaping children's brains for goodness sakes! Doesn't that call for decent pay?!

See thats the thing that really annoys me about nursery work, its so underpaid its shameful. I earn about 20k a year as a secretary and my job is a doddle and doesnt shape lives the way yours does, and fairygirls. Its so frustrating.

Completely agree. I mean, everyone's job is important. But for the things we have to do we are shockingly underpaid... or at least I think I am lol. I mean I know I don't work full time hours (my nursery only opens half days monday and is closed all day friday), but with my qualifications I have now... if I moved to work in a school as a classroom assistant I'd be on maybe 2 or 3 times more than I'm getting now (depends what kind of school you get into). Especially when I'm changing kids' nappies when they have bad tummies... makes me wretch. If I get sickness when I'm preg I really don't think I'll be able to do it lol.

XxX

Ladies in the 2ww with cramps...my sister had major AF cramps before she got a BFP!! She didn't test right off cause she thought AF was comming, but it wasn't af it was a BFP!!! This could be u girlies soon!
Nursery ladies...I teach kindergarten(5&6 year olds) so I know what you all mean. Funny I didn't know anyone else worked with kiddies!!

Could not agree more about early childhood development professionals being underpaid - it is a crime. Although I'm sure I'll regret saying that if/when I have to pay for child care! But really, you are shaping children's brains for goodness sakes! Doesn't that call for decent pay?!

I'm sure the government just think, well they're only workig with children of 3, they don't have to be that bright or in fact well paid.

I don't think the government really understands how important nursery actually IS to a child's development. There is plenty of research that shows that children who did not attend nursery have worse social and cognitive skills than those who do. But we still end up getting it up the jaxy with funding and stuff. Makes my blood boil lol.

XxX

Ladies in the 2ww with cramps...my sister had major AF cramps before she got a BFP!! She didn't test right off cause she thought AF was comming, but it wasn't af it was a BFP!!! This could be u girlies soon!
Nursery ladies...I teach kindergarten(5&6 year olds) so I know what you all mean. Funny I didn't know anyone else worked with kiddies!!

I'm only 4dpo so I'm pretty sure my cramps arent' anything to do with implanation/pregnancy yet lol)

Yess, there seems to be quite a few of us kicking about! How long has everyone been working with children? :)

XxX

Sorry to change the subject ladies. Did any of you lovely ladies in the UK read the sun today? (ive only just read it as DH was home late) ... in the usual Thursday Health edition there is a big double spread on TTC. The Dr lady is saying to ditch the charts as there is nothing to support them :cry:

I don't believe her!!!! I would go :wacko: without my chart (way to attached me thinks)

What are your opinions on this???

:thumbup:

I haven't read the sun since I moved out lol... so at least a year :p

This is my first month charting... and it has actually kept me sane so far this cycle lol. And if it's so unreliable... why do some doctors recommend it? >.<

XxX

I've been working with school age kids for 9 years, and teaching Kindergarten for 3 of those years.
Snugggs...I hope that lady is right cause I hate my chart! Lol. No I'm kidding. I really hope that's not true!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->