New to Charting? Join other newbies here!

Bernina-I'm going to try to sit on this as long as humanely possible. DH got WAAAAAYYY irritated yesterday when I asked him to stop for the FRER. He's tired too!!! I would go spend $200 on HPTs if I thought I would get a conclusive answer.

Shannon-If it was an ID, wouldn't I have a def + HPT by now? I'm so keeping FX for you, I know how absolutely frustrating and depressing this can get!!!! It's hard to keep going sometimes.

Does anyone else ever get ovulation pains (I prefer to call it niggles because it isn't really painful) after they've ovulated? What is up with that?

Bernina, thanks for the info. You should be able to click on my ticker now. I have been reading all the leasons on FF and i think i have just overloaded my head lol. There is so much to take in and so many signs to check for. I will be panicing for no reason.

Hope your 2ww goes quick for you.

Fx for everyone :flower:

Thanks Bernina...glad I'm not the only one who thinks that!!

Clickable ticker is working perfect Tinks! Your chart looks perfectly normal for post o temps. I see you had ewcm today, make sure to start up your BD'ing at least every other day until confirmed ovulation to maximize your chances of catching that egg!!

AreIn, I think I would probably be doing the same as you, trying to wait it out. I get too depressed over negative tests and you have the added confusion of some positive, some negative. Best of luck to you over the next few days, really hoping for a positive blood test on Wednesday!! :)

Does anyone else ever get ovulation pains (I prefer to call it niggles because it isn't really painful) after they've ovulated? What is up with that?

I do! In Sept when I O'd that was medicated I had pains on my left. This month I O'd (and hadn't since Sept) I had pains on my right. I have actual pain though, it shoots up into my hip and through my back. It's like a lesser version of a cyst rupturing-which hurts like hell I might add :pop:

Only a little bit of EWCM but there all the same and the test line on my opks are getting darker.

I think i have a busy weekend ahead of me :happydance:

If anyone has any tips on charting that may help a newbie to temping i will be happy to hear them.

Babydust to all x

I get some sort of sensation for at least a few days after I ovulate. Like you said, they're not really pain, but definitely feels like something is going on. This cycle I had the usual ovulation sensations and today I feel this small weak shooting sensation in my right side. I was also very gassy and bloated the past 2 days. Could have easily been something I ate, but I think I might always feel that way after ovulation. Not sure if that's good or bad or no sign at all (probably the latter). I was a terrible symptom spotter with my first cycle of charting and have tried not to pay too much attention but sometimes it's so hard!

Thanks Bernina and AreIn83 - I found another discussion about this online and a couple of women were told that ov pains after ov could be the egg moving through the fallopian tubes or the corpus luteum floating around. That seems reasonable to me. Sorry yours hurt so much AreIn83! Have you had ovarian cysts? I hear that they definitely hurt something fierce.

Only a little bit of EWCM but there all the same and the test line on my opks are getting darker.

If anyone has any tips on charting that may help a newbie to temping i will be happy to hear them.

Babydust to all x

This is my first cycle, but I think one of the most important things is to put the thermometer in the same spot under your tounge each time! Different spots give different results. It can differ enough to really mess up a chart! When I put mine way in the back its almost a whole degree higher than when its towards the front. good luck

Babydust to all x

Here are the things I've learned in my 4 months of charting:
  • Don't talk or move around too much before taking your temp, as one of the other posters pointed out, if you breathe in a mouthful of cool room air, it can really lower your temperature.
  • Don't stress if you forget to temp one day or do it at a different time. You're looking for an overall pattern and one single temperature really doesn't mean anything.
  • Don't worry if your post o temps take a dip before the expected arrival of AF. It could be implantation dip or it could be absolutely nothing at all.
  • Don't worry if your post o temps don't rise quickly after ovulation. They do need to rise and stay above the coverline (it's okay to have 1 or 2 below) but they don't need to skyrocket up in the first few days.
  • Pay very close attention to your cervical mucus. This is a much better PREDICTOR of ovulation and can help you maximize the 3-4 day fertile window prior to ovulation. Temping only confirms ovulation and will not give you advance notice of when to BD.
  • Most importantly, don't let temping rule your life. Yes it takes some getting used to, but you don't want it to be hindering your sleep schedule and causing more stress during an already stressful time. Relax, take your temps as consistantly as possible and you should be fine.

Babydust to all x

This is my first cycle, but I think one of the most important things is to put the thermometer in the same spot under your tounge each time! Different spots give different results. It can differ enough to really mess up a chart! When I put mine way in the back its almost a whole degree higher than when its towards the front. good luck

Yeah, they def show the warm spots are under the back of your tongue, not the front. You'll get a much more accurate reading. Also, make sure you get to as close the same time every day as you can. Even just 20 minutes can make a huge difference! See my chart for reference :haha:

Jamie-It's not like labor pain or anything :haha: but it will make me stop walking and catch my breath. I have ovarian cysts but when they rupture, the pain makes me vomit sometimes.

Jamie, I definitely think you ov'd on cd 15, hopefully tomorrow's temp will be nice and high and you'll get your official crosshairs! LOST is awesome this season, I am loving every minute and last nights Sayid episode was great! I'm really beginning to believe that the alt timeline they are showing us (where the plane landed safely in LA) is a reality in which the losties were granted the one thing they always wanted either by Jacob or the man in black. I think Sayid wished for Nadia to be alive, and he got that, but then in a clear case of be careful what you wish for, he can't have her. So looking forward to next week! Thanks for the well wishes!!

Impatient, you're definitely at the point where you could start to feel some symptoms, I know it's so hard not to symptom spot. Fingers crossed for you!

Tierney, you're right, we're just one day off. I should be 2 dpo today, hopefully my chart will reflect that tomorrow. Happy to go through the 2ww with you!

Sweetmama, congratulations on your new home. Sounds like you are at a very exciting point in your life right now, full of changes. I hope that new house has room for a nursery :)

Snuggs, sorry to hear that you're in limbo land but remember it's not over until AF rears her ugly head. Fingers crossed for you, you're definitely still in the running!!

Babyhopes, if you BD'd on cd 27 then you are well covered!

Fairy, how are you doing? Any symptoms yet?

Pixxie, so glad you were able to get a doctor appointment so soon! I know easier said than done, but try not to be scared, everything will be fine. Not positive what they do in the UK but here they will give you a pelvic exam and then depending on your problems they will probably do a vaginal ultrasound. It sounds worse than it is, it's really pretty painless and it shows the doctor what your uterus and ovaries look like, a good way to spot potential problems or determine if further tests are needed. Best of luck and keep us posted!

:happydance:
yeah bernina we can drive each other mad sympton spotting, i think im getting some already but then have to remind myself that im only 4 dpo is this too early to have any symptons?
x

I agree with thermometer placement impatient, very good tip.

Also, for those ladies who check their cervix position or their cervical mucus internally, please make sure to always wash your hands prior to checking, no need to risk infection. I'm sure this goes without saying, but sometimes I'm so eager to check that I have to remind myself to wash my hands first and then check. That's why I usually check my cervix position in the shower and then wash my hands before I use the bathroom so I can check cm if I need to.

Tierney, yeah 2ww!! 4 dpo is probably too early to spot symptoms, but of course never say never. I'd say probably around 9 dpo is when the real symptoms could start, but some women don't get any until much much later. Fingers crossed for us!!

Bernina - I feel like im wishing my life away, I can't wait for the next 10 days to pass, I'm planning to test on Mothers day, how nice would it be to get a BFP on Mothers Day x

Thanks for thinking of me Bernina. I'm ok, symptoms vary in degree each day. Today it was really sore bbs. Still letting it sink in. I tested again today on an IC and the line was much darker.

Fairy, I'm sure it will take some time to sink in and really think of yourself as pregnant, but a nice dark line on the test and sore boobs are reassuring for sure! Continued sticky glue coming your way!

Tierney, I know how you feel, I can't wait for the 2 weeks to be over, but of course I don't want to miss what goes on during that time either. When is Mother's Day celebrated in the UK? Here in the States we celebrate in May so I'm really hoping yours is sometime in March :)

Thanks Pichi. My midwife said a line is a line no matter how faint it is lol. I told her basically I am scared and want a blood test.

I am almost 7 weeks she says :haha: I said :nope: give me a test lol

I dont want anything wrong but the way I am feeling its pregnancy or something else is going on in my stomach :rofl:

I have everything crossed for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->