New to Charting? Join other newbies here!

I'm totally the wrong person to ask about investigation fertility tests there are sooo many and I'm almost clueless to many of them.

Here is a couple of sites though https://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/conception/investigating-infertility-preliminary-tests

https://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/trying/infertilityinvestigations.asp

On the first site they didn't mention the dye test to see if your fallopian tubes are blocked. I would go through the preliminary tests and see which ones could relate to you and which ones are irrelevant.

It can be really daunting going through those tests, I just took a quick look and freaked myself out. It's probably a good idea to find a doctor first and ask them what their plan of action would be.

Thanks moochacha. I'll have a read of those articles later today. :)

Always good to know what options and possibilities are around.

Thanks, its off to the dr's time now so hopefully we will get somewhere.

Sorry about your BFN Helly. I hope it's just to early to pick up and that your temp will be back up tomorrow :)

Nicole - chart is still looking fab :D

Thanks foxy..I only felt pucky for that one day..all I have now is sore boobs, all tho I havent had any symptoms at this point before and gotten bfps..I dont know. I know that I'll be ok if af starts tho. and of course will be over the moon if im pg. I'm not really feeling like I will get a bfp this month tho to be honest.

So Sorry Foxy. It must be so frustrating not having a GP that listens and wants to help. Losing weight never hurts but I think these Doctors use that as a big excuse not to take further actions.

Helly, I hope you can get all your questions answered!

I am hoping 2011 will be a fertile year for everyone!!!!

Nicole...Have you tested yet???

I haven't but I did have opk's that were going to expire. I used one and there is just a faint line so I am not sure what that means..LOL. I just wanted to pee on a stick but I don't want to see a negative pg test just yet.

Sahrene

Chart's looking good sahrene.

Nicole - I'm glad that you are ok if this cycle doesn't work out. That's the attitude I wish I had :haha: I'm working on it!

Sahrene no I think I'm gonna wait until af is due.

Foxy I figure there is only so much I can control..I can control when I bd, temp, test..but cant control the big ones the bfp..and it sticking if I get it..but for me being able to control my attitude if dont get bfp is big. all tho I have to admit its not always easy lol

Thanks moochacha :D

I'm fairly limited Gp wise, as you can only register with ones in the catchment area where you live. Luckily, I have moved and therefore no longer eligible to be seen at my previous (unhelpful) GP surgery. I am going to try and register with a new one - there are a few in this catchment area who seem to be pretty helpful in respect of mental health clients, so I am sure this would carry over into them being helpful in other areas. I will try to register with them in the next week or so.

What kind of tests etc can I request? I've had CD21 bloods taken which were fine.

I wonder if maybe something is just blocked, as like you say, regular cycle, clear temp shift each month :dohh:

Bloody body! :haha:

Foxy the tests I had done were, Cholesteral, thyroid, Diabetic screening, genetics testing, they want to also do an HSG test but they are just waiting for a few more things to come back. They also did a heart screening and a few more things, biggest thing you probably want to ask for is the HSG and the genetic screening.

try an extreme card from sandisk. it writes faster. I think I get up towards 30 shots before it has to pause to write :)

Where would I find it? I have never seen or heard from them, I have a 1GB kingston SD card

www.adorama.com I keep an 8gig in my D80 and it holds over 1400 photos ;)

Thanks I'm going to look at the link now.

Sweetmama - that's really helpful info, thank you :)

Foxy - You're welcome, hopefully you get a lil bub of your own soon! And you find a good doc to help you along the way.

i would love to try this but I don't fully understand it....of course, I've not done much research on it either....has it helped you ladies? maybe I will give it a try :)

Hi Liz

I'm guessing you are talking about charting :)

It's been the best thing I've discovered during TTC. It reassures me that I ovulate each month and watching my temps over the cycle gives me something to concentrate on during the wait.

If you want some more info, check out fertilityfriend.com where you'll find all the info you need.

thank you - I will definately check it out :) hopefully it helps!!! i bought opk's to try this month but I will definately look into charting as well....I'm sure it's much less expensive than the ovulation tests!! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->