New to Charting? Join other newbies here!

is it odd that my post ovulation temps are staying the same nearly every day? when i look at other peoples charts their temps appear to go up and down a lot after ovulation....

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e84f4

Hi,

Does your thermometer measure in 100th's of a degree? Seems all your temps are to a tenth? eg instead of 36.5 degrees it's helpful to be able to record 36.55. You'd prob see more variation then, but the fact that your temps are stable is fine! xx

i've only just started charting and my temps are going up and down a bit (i think its cause im not waking at the exact same time daily...maybe) but i only get AF once every 2 months and im 1 month late :( does anyone know what i can do to increase ovulation?

dandy - a lot of women try soy for that. there is a thread under ttc buddies if you want to take a look. it's a lot of really nice women that have a lot of experience with it and will do their best to help you decide if soy is right for you.

Hi,

Does your thermometer measure in 100th's of a degree? Seems all your temps are to a tenth? eg instead of 36.5 degrees it's helpful to be able to record 36.55. You'd prob see more variation then, but the fact that your temps are stable is fine! xx

thanks pickle :) i was starting to get worried that maybe i hadn't ovulated after all because it just looks like nothings happened

no my themometer doesnt measure in 100th's, what you said makes sense maybe thats what i've been seeing on other peoples charts but havent noticed :thumbup:

Hi,

thanks pickle :) i was starting to get worried that maybe i hadn't ovulated after all because it just looks like nothings happened

no my themometer doesnt measure in 100th's, what you said makes sense maybe thats what i've been seeing on other peoples charts but havent noticed :thumbup:

It definitely looks like you've ovulated, as your post-ov temps are all higher than your coverline, and pre-ov temps. You can still temp with the thermometer you've got, but you won't see the subtle changes in temp that you'd get with a 100th of a degree thermometer. Have a look at my chart for last month (click on my link and scroll down to see previous month) - I didn't ovulate but you can see the variations easier than if I had just temped with a 10th of degree.

Hope this is your month! xxx

yeah you're right, you can see it so much better on yours :) thanks i'm just getting to grips with it all. if i dont a BFP this month then i might look into getting a different thermometer

my sleep is often disturbed and i was wondering, if you only have a couple of hours sleep before you take your temp rather than 3 or 4 hours would your temps show up higher or lower??

yeah you're right, you can see it so much better on yours :) thanks i'm just getting to grips with it all. if i dont a BFP this month then i might look into getting a different thermometer

my sleep is often disturbed and i was wondering, if you only have a couple of hours sleep before you take your temp rather than 3 or 4 hours would your temps show up higher or lower??

I think that depends on the person. Everything you'll read about charting says that your temp is likely to be higher if you've had a disturbed night, but I find the opposite! The less sleep I get, or the more I'm disturbed, the lower my temps are! One morning I had been up at 4am cleaning up cat sick (Ewww!) and then at 5.30am as hubby was snoring. As an experiment I took my temp each time I was disturbed, and again after about 30 mins sleep at 7am. Each time I took it it was lower. And since then I've proved it loads of times to be the case for me! x

it really is a case of charting for a while to get to know your temps isnt it? it sounds silly but my cat wakes me up every morning really early for food, shes a bloody nightmare :growlmad: i have real trouble getting back to sleep and sometimes i only get a couple of hours of proper sleep before i get up but i guess if i temp for a while i'll get used to how my temps change when that happens....

its a lot to take in to start with haha

it really is a case of charting for a while to get to know your temps isnt it? it sounds silly but my cat wakes me up every morning really early for food, shes a bloody nightmare :growlmad: i have real trouble getting back to sleep and sometimes i only get a couple of hours of proper sleep before i get up but i guess if i temp for a while i'll get used to how my temps change when that happens....

its a lot to take in to start with haha

Ooh my cat's the same! Little monkeys aren't they?! I'm now taking my temp much earlier as I found I'd had a decent block of sleep in the hours just before my cat wakes me up. There's no reason why you can't do that too. So if the cat always wakes you up at say 4am, but you've slept well for 4 hours prior to this then I would take your temp then. But it does need to be very close to the same time each morning to be accurate. See what you think, but don't let it stress you out too much. Just find a way that fits in with you (and your cat lol!) :winkwink:

haha we both have nightmare cats, how funny!! i dont know what her problem is... we've taken to using a food timer tray for her so it opens about 5am and i dont have to get up to feed her BUT she still wakes at 4am and sometimes earlier and just bugs the hell out me until her feeder opens :dohh:

thats what i was wondering though, that it might be better to try temping when i first wake rather than the second time i wake, maybe i'll try it that way and see :thumbup:

haha we both have nightmare cats, how funny!! i dont know what her problem is... we've taken to using a food timer tray for her so it opens about 5am and i dont have to get up to feed her BUT she still wakes at 4am and sometimes earlier and just bugs the hell out me until her feeder opens :dohh:

thats what i was wondering though, that it might be better to try temping when i first wake rather than the second time i wake, maybe i'll try it that way and see :thumbup:

Hahahaha maybe our cats are long-lost sisters from the same litter! I swear mine has got mental health issues!!! She wakes me up by patting my face or raking her claws ever-so-gently through my hair until I get up! (Or if I leave her out overnight, by crying constantly under our bedroom window!)

Yes try that, and maybe even taking your temp again when you actually wake up at normal time, then you can compare the temps and see if you go up or down with interrupted sleep.

Hope you get on ok. I stalk this thread so I'll look out for you! xx

See I wake up like 3 - 6 times a night...its just the way I am. Ive been like that since puberty. I am going to start temping every time I wake up and record what happens. My daughter was so sick last night and I was lucky if I got 2 hrs of sleep in total and my temp this morning was WAY down from what its been normally.

what does a lower temp mean and higher temp? mine varies greatly from about 35.94 - 36.34

what does a lower temp mean and higher temp? mine varies greatly from about 35.94 - 36.34

Well my average body temp is always low. My mom is the same way. But I am still new to this charting temps thing so I am learning as I go along. Some people fluctuate greatly.

WOOOOO-HOOOOO! Oh my goodness! Just got a very quick and VERY positive OPK! Never happened before! The only 2 +'ves I've had before have been after 10 mins and only JUST as dark as the control line. Tonight the link was as dark as the control line before I even got out of the bathroom, and after a couple of mins was darker! Am SOOO excited! I know I may still not ovulate but I feel like it may be possible! And if so then v early in my cycle, which would be nice after last month.....

Ooh send me some baby dust girls! Or ovulation dust would do for now lol!

xxx

lots of ovulation dust you're way :)

Aww thanks Dandy! It's funny actually, one of my colleagues has just announced she's pregnant, and she knows we're TTC. So she said she'd send some hormones my way, and we've joked about me sharing her seat or cup etc. and the next day I got my period after waiting for it for ages! Then I saw her again today and she asked how I was, and we joked again about her sending some of her hormones my way, and tonight I got the very positive OPK lol lol. So perhaps we should all go and sniff some pregnant women :rofl:

ps. in answer to your question about temps, everyone is different and some people fluctuate much more than others. Your pre-ovulation temps will be generally lower than your post-ov temps. Have a look at some charts for people on this thread an you'll see some good examples xx

lots of ovulation dust you're way :)

Aww thanks Dandy! It's funny actually, one of my colleagues has just announced she's pregnant, and she knows we're TTC. So she said she'd send some hormones my way, and we've joked about me sharing her seat or cup etc. and the next day I got my period after waiting for it for ages! Then I saw her again today and she asked how I was, and we joked again about her sending some of her hormones my way, and tonight I got the very positive OPK lol lol. So perhaps we should all go and sniff some pregnant women :rofl:

ps. in answer to your question about temps, everyone is different and some people fluctuate much more than others. Your pre-ovulation temps will be generally lower than your post-ov temps. Have a look at some charts for people on this thread an you'll see some good examples xx

lol send some preg women my way!!!

I would just like to ovulate...its strange cause i thought i ovulated last month, but got no period...is that possible? i would like to ovulate now!! or get my AF!! or ANYTHING

Dandy, have you got a link to your chart? Have you come off birth control or anything (ie do you know why your cycles could be messed up?).

Maybe you didn't actully ovulate last month which could be why you didn't get a period. If you did ovulate, and AF is now very late, have you done a preg test?

I know, it's so hard waiting for just SOMETHING to happen. Really hope either AF shows or you ovulate v soon! xx

Yawn...must go to bed Dandy. Didn't want you to think I was ignoring you later! Take care and speak soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->