New to Charting? Join other newbies here!

i have to get up to take my temp as i cant do it in bed or it disturbs my OH, so i wake up get up and walk straight and do it. my temps seem to be 35.95 one day and 36.30 the next
i get up generally no more than 20mins different from day to day :/

I hate to say it, but even that little amount of movement can affect temps and make them less accurate. Is your thermometer loud? Mine beeps super quiet, so DH doesn't hear it unless he's already been awake.

I guess its not super loud...maybe ill try it in the bedroom i can stick my head under the covers with it, my OH is quite a light sleeper

Mine has a memory feature, so I pop it in as soon as my alarm goes off, and then the minute I hear the beep, I shut it off. Then I go into the bathroom to turn it on and read it, since it has no lighted display. If yours has a memory you can shut it off on the first beep :)

oh ok awesome ill do that shall try it that way tomorrow :)

great idea thanx :)

hey ladies.. .quick question.. I'm also totally new to this whole charting thingy.....so here are my questions....

.....when you have a temp shift (upwards) this means that you've 'already' ovulated?...is that right....and not that you're 'about' to ovulate like the ovulate sticks?

I'm planning to use both this cycle...and have confused myself.... is it right to say that the ovulation sticks will get darker first (to show that i'm about to ovulate in the next 12-36 hours)..... and then approx a couple of days later.. .my temperature will rise to show that I did actually ovulate...?...so there is a window of a few days between these two fertility apparatuses?....

??????

I'm ready to throw my thermometer at something!!!

I still don't think I've ovulated...I thought after having 3 very +opks I would surely see a clear temp rise today, and instead got another middle of the road temp :cry:
I'm afraid this month is going to end up anovulatory.

I did a FF search on charts like mine with pre- and post-o temps, and did see some crazy pregnancy charts that didn't have clear thermal shifts, but that was 7%-91% were ovulatory charts. Getting frustrated!!!!

I still don't think I've ovulated...I thought after having 3 very +opks I would surely see a clear temp rise today, and instead got another middle of the road temp :cry:

I did a FF search on charts like mine with pre- and post-o temps, and did see some crazy pregnancy charts that didn't have clear thermal shifts, but that was 7%-91% were ovulatory charts. Getting frustrated!!!!

looking at you chart Id say no also but the pos opks and study temps may mean its coming. have you tried to remove you pos opks up to yesterday and correct your temp from cd 18 and see what FF does? log all info you remove or correct in your notes tho so you can change it back if needed. :hugs:

Sally Jane, the temp rise will occur the day after OV, not a few days. Hope that helps!

Girls, I cant decide over todays temp. Does it mean a) I didnt OV until yesterday so my early OV didnt happen after all b) Im heading for a triphasic chart? c) this evil water infection has upped my temp (I feel fine today so dont see why it should have). Any thoughts appreciated, will try and catch up on the thread properly tonight! x

Helly it can take a few days for your temp to rise it can take a few days for enough progesterone to build enough to bring your bbt up!

Sally Jane, the temp rise will occur the day after OV, not a few days. Hope that helps!

Girls, I cant decide over todays temp. Does it mean a) I didnt OV until yesterday so my early OV didnt happen after all b) Im heading for a triphasic chart? c) this evil water infection has upped my temp (I feel fine today so dont see why it should have). Any thoughts appreciated, will try and catch up on the thread properly tonight! x

I does look like you did O when ff says you did..

Hi ladies, just wondering if all you experts can have a look at my chart for me. This is my 1st month charting and going by my other symptoms I'd would have normally said I'd ovulated by now but FF won't have non of it! haha
It also my 1st month of using a CBFM and they say it's common not to get peaks first month so I'm ignoring that slightly.
I've had no cm as such the past 2 days so we've been using pre~seed just in case.

Thank you ladies.

looking at you chart Id say no also but the pos opks and study temps may mean its coming. have you tried to remove you pos opks up to yesterday and correct your temp from cd 18 and see what FF does? log all info you remove or correct in your notes tho so you can change it back if needed. :hugs:

When I do that, it takes the crosshairs away. The only temp that is probably not very accurate is CD20-that day DD woke me up at 4:30. I had to walk her back to her room, and I talked. I went back to bed for about an hour and then took the temp. Today's CM no longer seems fertile, so either I ov'ed or I'm not going to, I guess. It is what it is...we'll just have to see what tomorrow's temp brings. Thanks for your help!

Oh, one more thing. I've had a cold now since about Saturday, just starting to clear up. Do you think that could affect/delay/prevent ovulation???

Helly - your temps are doing similar things to mine last month....it's really frustrating having 2 possible o dates. I would be more inclined to say you o'd when FF said though hun :)

Cookie - it doesn't look like you've o'd yet hun, but I think it's just around the corner :D

Morning Nicole :D

Thank you foxy.

Firedancer, looks like you're having the same problem as me. Stupidly I ditched the opks this month so I haven't even got that to go by.

I've only recently started charting; charted one half cycle and one part cycle, now 12 days in to third. I haven't had increases and decreases, so I don't think I'm ovulating, despite the clomifene.

What I'm concerned about is that my temps seem high; they are at the level post ovulation I see on all the example charts out there. I'm pretty consistently 98.2 or there-abouts, sometimes higher, rarely lower. I mentioned this at my last clinic appointment, but the doctor there almost poo-pooed the whole idea of charting and said my temp was perfectly normal.

Does anyone have any experience of such a high BBT? From what I've read, it could indicate hyperthyroidism, which can cause infertility.

Should I be concerned? Does anyone else not see the post-ovulation peak, and yet knows they are ovulating?

Thank you foxy.

Firedancer, looks like you're having the same problem as me. Stupidly I ditched the opks this month so I haven't even got that to go by.

It's frustrating, isn't it???

I took 2 OPK's yest. First was with SMU, the second was my regular 4p time. Both +. We'll see what they look like today. I was really hoping yesterday was it because then our timing would have been ideal in the BD dept.

I'm just going to stick to every other day now...

When I do that, it takes the crosshairs away. The only temp that is probably not very accurate is CD20-that day DD woke me up at 4:30. I had to walk her back to her room, and I talked. I went back to bed for about an hour and then took the temp. Today's CM no longer seems fertile, so either I ov'ed or I'm not going to, I guess. It is what it is...we'll just have to see what tomorrow's temp brings. Thanks for your help!

do you know what the corrected temps from cd 20 would be?

Unfortunately no, because I didn't temp right then at 4:30 when I got up. The temp I recorded is what I got after going back to sleep for an hour, so there's really no way to correct that, right?

Unfortunately no, because I didn't temp right then at 4:30 when I got up. The temp I recorded is what I got after going back to sleep for an hour, so there's really no way to correct that, right?

just correct the one you go after sleeping a hour your body was at rest enough for it.

just correct the one you go after sleeping a hour your body was at rest enough for it.

Hope I'm not being a PITA with all my questions LOL!

How would I correct that? The temp I recorded was taken at my usual 5:45 wakeup time. It's an open circle because I marked sleep-deprived. I did not temp when I got up with DD. So the temp I put is ok, right?

I fooled around w/ the different methods on FF and if I change it to OPK watch, it moves ov day to yesterday, which I feel is correct *if* I oved at all...OPK this am with SMU was slightly lighterb than control. I guess tomorrow's temp may make that clearer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->