New to Charting? Join other newbies here!

I think that's a fairly dark line for an OPK used as a HPT.

:test: sweetmama :haha:

I could be wrong, but I thought when an OPK is used as an HPT, it is positive, meaning as dark or darker than the control line. We usually have some level of LH throughout our cycle, so it's not uncommon for some kind of line to show up at any given time.

I agree with Foxy, Sweetmama.... :test:!!!! Hahaha:angelnot:

Good luck fifi - hope you see a bfp tomorrow morning :D

hi ladies .... i had a big temp dip this morning do u think its poss im about to or have ov?? i was having quite a few ov pains yesterday late morning which were quite strong not had any today!

Your chart is looking fab pickles, fx

Fifi, GL for the morning :hugs:

Moochacha hope you, DH & DS get some much deserved break together soon. It cant be easy hun :flower:

GL to all the charting girls, lets keep the :bfp: coming :happydance:

Looks good to me sweetmama - are you going to try an HPT? Good luck :D

Kenziesmommy - ff will predict your fertile stage based on your fertile signs i.e. Cm and cp. Once you complete a cycle of chafting, ff will show you your expected feetile window each month. It will also confirm ov once it seels a sustained and clear temp rise. :D

Good luck.

Firedancer - I'd say CD22 :D

LOL I was just messing around, I wanted to see how they worked and then the line was fairly dark so I was wondering what was up with it. I'm not going to test until af is due and that is in 5 days or so. I don't want to get a BFP and then lose the baby again. Its just easier not knowing you know.

Can you guys give me an opinion on an opk that is fairly dark when I'm 10dpo now?

https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/eagleeyes22/DSC00564.jpg

Hi,

I could be wrong, but isn't the test line on your pic the really faint line? The control line is the dark one. The test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line to show positive xxx

I have already ov'd I wasn't using it as that.

NO lol! I'm waiting.

Did you take your temp at the same time? I'm sorry I don't have much advice, I've not had a bfp, so couldn't say whether temp drops are common. I'd suggest looking in the chart gallery on FF and see what the pregnancy charts show. :D

Good luck, hope it's nothing and AF stays awat. When would you usually expect AF?

it was roughly the same time as usual yeah but i had disturbed sleep and i've been ill so i'm hoping its that but its a very big drop :( i looked at other FF charts for pregnancy and they dont drop, this looks like an AF drop....

thanks anyway foxy

When I got my BFP my temps shifted to the coverline and went back up and shifted down and went back up a few times, I wouldn't worry just yet hun.

Congrats shannon, have a healthy 9 months :thumbup:

a_missy, i have my fx you have i sticky bean :hugs:

Are you going to do a HPT sweetmama?

AFM i got my crosshairs this morning :happydance: 2ww here i come :happydance:

Not yet, in 5 days maybe.

Hey pickle

My understanding is the test line on an OPK should be as dark as the control line. However, usually an OPK will pick up the small amount of the hormone which is always present, but the line would usually be very faint. Sweetmama's line is fairly strong - in my opinion - however, OPK's really aren't reliable in predicting pregnancyrp.

My knowledge of OPKs is pretty limited and they don't work
for me, so I may be completely wrong! Don't want to give out any wrong advice :dohh:
Hoping it's the start of a BFP for sweetmama

Yes i think we think the same thing actually, except that the control line always goes that dark to show the test is working. It's the other line that needs to be as dark or darker to indicate a positive. Anyway sorry to sweetmama for talking about you and not to you! 10 dpo is still quite early to test I guess, and you're likely to get a positive from a HPT before an OPK apparently. Ooh do hope you get it! Will be watching and waiting lol. Hugs to you and Foxy xx

I could be wrong, but I thought when an OPK is used as an HPT, it is positive, meaning as dark or darker than the control line. We usually have some level of LH throughout our cycle, so it's not uncommon for some kind of line to show up at any given time.

I agree with Foxy, Sweetmama.... :test:!!!! Hahaha:angelnot:

I'm going to answer these to together but from what I was reading last night the opk test line doesn't have to be just as dark as the control line it just has to be fairly dark. OPKs can pick up HSG and LH as they are identical in make up only HSG wears a funny hat from what it was explained. And when they did a picture collage thing, they OPK picked up the HSG before the HPT did. So that's just what my understanding from what I read last night is. Either way I wasn't really using it as a HPT in the first place I'd just never used an OPK before lol

Can totally understand your reasons behind not testing yet sweetmama :D

Hoping that sticky bean is just around the corner.

Fx'd Hun I hope everything is ok. I know many ladies stop charting because it's stressful. I'm sure you will be fine Hun it could be a disturbed sleep :flower:

thanks moocha, i have a terrible cough at the moment that kept me awake last night so i'm hoping it was something to do with that ... fx

ps. Missy, I did find a few pics in the FF gallery of pregnancies with temps below the coverline after testing pos, which went back up again xx

i had a little look this morning at some charts and some posts about the same thing and all i kept reading was women saying once you get your BFP STOP temping or you'll go insane haha maybe they're right!!

When I got my BFP my temps shifted to the coverline and went back up and shifted down and went back up a few times, I wouldn't worry just yet hun.

thanks sweetmama, i'm going to do another test tomorrow morning just to make sure its still a BFP but its only because i had a MC last time that i'm so bloody nervous about everything this time :dohh:

thanks again for your support ladies, it means the world when you're freaking out and theres people there to talk to ;)

Well, well done for holding off testing Sweetmama, and hope when you do it's a lovely BFP! xxx

Fx'd Hun I hope everything is ok. I know many ladies stop charting because it's stressful. I'm sure you will be fine Hun it could be a disturbed sleep :flower:

thanks moocha, i have a terrible cough at the moment that kept me awake last night so i'm hoping it was something to do with that ... fx

ps. Missy, I did find a few pics in the FF gallery of pregnancies with temps below the coverline after testing pos, which went back up again xx

i had a little look this morning at some charts and some posts about the same thing and all i kept reading was women saying once you get your BFP STOP temping or you'll go insane haha maybe they're right!!

thanks sweetmama, i'm going to do another test tomorrow morning just to make sure its still a BFP but its only because i had a MC last time that i'm so bloody nervous about everything this time :dohh:

thanks again for your support ladies, it means the world when you're freaking out and theres people there to talk to ;)

I completely understand your worry. I had a miscarriage too not too long ago. Actually just about 4 weeks ago. It will be a month on the 19th that I had my miscarriage.

:hugs: Sweetmama. Can't imagine how painful that must be xxx

Hope all is well amissy, can understand why youre worried x

CONGRATS Shannon!!!!!

Moo, huge hugs, sorry youre having a rough time x

Good luck fifi x

AFM, im fine, no particularly great symptoms, not feeling hopeful.

Hi ladies!

Guess I'll be joining you first time FF charters!

Im so confused..
I think I OV'ed on CD13..had watery cm for 4 days and EWCM 3 days before that.
CD14 slight temp rise, CD15 again a slight temp rise..
CD16 a 0.24 dip , CD17 continous to rise and CD18 it falls a little and CD19 rises again.

IF I discard the temp on CD 16, then it shows OV @ CD13 .. which I already thought would be the right date.
The watery cm and the temps show me OV on cd13..Plus I had increased sex drive those 4 days too.

But cause of that 1 temp dip on CD16, it won't show me my OV date at all..
What do you ladies think??

I remember waking up 1 day with my mouth open, but truely can't remember which day it was...it might have been that day cause I was very tired the night before..but I'm not sure.

HELP ME!! :wacko::wacko:

Hi Lilly!

I think that with the temp dip on day 16, it would only give you 3 days of higher temps after that and I think FF confirms ov after 4 consecutive highs. So if your temp is up again tomorrrow, put day 16 back in and see what it does then. It could be a fallback rise. Or like you said it could be an inaccurate temp. I say wait for more temps, then put CD16 back in. But the other girls on here may have more suggestions! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->