New to Charting? Join other newbies here!

HELP!!!

I need help, please.......

I'm charting and Temped after 1.5 hours sleep (longest block of sleep) but at 7.30 instead of 5.30pm - it was 36.31.

Shall I use this as my temp for the day or use the BBT adjuster?????

Meant to say mrskcbrown - no, have stopped temping! I thought it was best as I knew the first time I got a lower temp I'd freak out! Is nice to not have to do it, but still get withdrawal symptoms occasionally hehe x

HELP!!!

I need help, please.......

I'm charting and Temped after 1.5 hours sleep (longest block of sleep) but at 7.30 instead of 5.30pm - it was 36.31.

Shall I use this as my temp for the day or use the BBT adjuster?????

I think I'd be tempted to leave it as it is. If you'd had more sleep at 7.30 then maybe use the adjustor, but as you'd only had 1.5 hours at best it's difficult to adjust accurately. See what others think. And at least it doesn't give you a crazy reading - it's similar to the previous day. And you've got BD covered xx

haha cornbread you have a name Emily Michelle in there haha my name is emily and my sisters middle name is michelle haha thats cool :thumbup:

can you ladies look at my chart and tell me what you think as this is my first month charting... also how does FF come up with the crosshairs and o day.. I have only been putting my temps in as I don't have a lot of CM at anytime except right after BD and I have trouble TMI reaching in their to find out what it looks like..

yes.. I do I was on vacation and sometimes it was within 5 minutes or 10 minutes and it still put the open circles

once or twice it was a hour later I think but for the most part it is the same time ... well when I am not on vacation it is the same time...

temperatures at different times can affect it a lot, however. to answer your question. FF detects ovulation based on temperatures over all. it's nice to have CM entered and OPK's, but not completely needed.

FF chooses your o day based on a thermal shift. based on your pre-ovulation temps FF picked 97.8 as your cover line which is the average of your pre-ovulation temps.

if you look most of your temps before the chosen day of ovulation are around 97.8 or lower. but on CD18 your temp jumped to 98.2 (which is above your cover line) and also .7 higher than your temp the day before. ovulation should be on the last day of your pre ovulation temps, which for you was CD17.

now, to confirm the ovulation your temp must stay above your cover line for three days minimum. yours has for 8, which is why FF has given you crosshairs for ovulation on CD17.

hope this makes sense. :)

yes it does...thank you... but I am normally a 26 day cycle and my temp keeps rising is that a good thing? I am a little confused on all this

yes, it's supposed to rise. this part of your cycle (the luteal phase) your body is using progesterone instead of estrogen and higher temps are normal. it's a very good sign for you! :)

ok I have also been told the day before you start your temp drops a lot.. well I am supposed to start tomorrow as I normally only have a 26 day cycle... so does your temp always drop or does this mean my cycle might be longer

well, you could have ovulated later than normal on this cycle. it would be nice to know how long your LP usually is, but since you haven't charted multiple months it's hard to know. if you knew your LP length, you could say okay i ovulated on this day so my period should be around this time. regardless of if you ovulated late or not, you would know when AF is due around about. but you don't. :shrug: your temp does usually drop before AF, and yours certainly isn't. if i were you, i would wait it out a few more days and see what your temperature does. if it keeps going higher, it would convince me to test, but if it starts to drop, it's usually not a good sign. you can look at my last months chart to give you an example if you would like.

I will thanks.. but yes the last 9 months my cycle has been 26 days no matter what which would be tomorrow.. so who knows right

well, that seems like a pretty good sign for you :) i would say test tomorrow, since you are pretty confident that is when your AF usually starts. but that is up to you.

Hi Cami,

Have just had a catch up and read all your posts. And I agree with everything Never has told you (Hi Never!). I guess you could have ovulated on cd9 - put a high temp in for cd 16 and see if FF changes your ov day. If so then i guess AF would be due v soon for you. And you could test! xx

What I meant by that was that cd16 is an open circle so the temp could have been off, and that would be the crucial one I think that could change your ov date x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->