New to Charting? Join other newbies here!

:wave: hey ladies and fellow charters!!

Im wondering if anybody can help me. A while ago, (it might have even been in this thread) I saw a bit about temp differeneces. It was a link that showed you that if you took your temp an hour laterwhat you could increase the temp by and if you took it lower, what you should decrease the temp by.

Does anybody know what or where that link is? I test at 7am every morning except a monday when I have Uni, when I test at 6 and I want to adjust the monday reading so I dont have to get up at 6 every morning :wacko: thanks ladies xx

Hi, yes try this https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php xx

Thank you!! thank you!! thank you!! thats great!! I'm monitoring my luteal phase this cycle as my last one was only 7days :cry: so I'm trying my hardest to be dead accurate in hope that my short luteal phase was just an error down to my inexperience with temping... thank you :flower:

Thank you!! thank you!! thank you!! thats great!! I'm monitoring my luteal phase this cycle as my last one was only 7days :cry: so I'm trying my hardest to be dead accurate in hope that my short luteal phase was just an error down to my inexperience with temping... thank you :flower:

Yes it could have been that you ov'd earlier than you thought and your LP was actually a bit longer. Well hope the temping goes well this month! Am thinking of you! xx

Yes it could have been that you ov'd earlier than you thought and your LP was actually a bit longer. Well hope the temping goes well this month! Am thinking of you! xx

aww thanks! Yer FF originally said I ovd on cd16 which would have made my LP 13days but then it changed to CD22 that I ovd??? I was quite poorly during last month so I can imagine that had a lot to do with it too!! :shrug: but so far so good! Thanks again!! Really appreciate your help! xx

Ah could have been that then. Hope it's all clearer this month x

hey hun, FF said that my LP was 9dpo and cycle of 24days but i worked it out as 10dpo and 25day cycle.. im not listening to it 100% this time x

ah really? hmm makes me wonder then :shrug: I've got a dr appointment 2moro just to check my levels but the more i think about it, the more i think it was error and just down to the fact that i was poorly and not consistant enough and had crappy OPK's so this month im doing it by the book just to make sure everything is in order so then I can relax about it all and let nature take its course! :thumbup: xx

ah really? hmm makes me wonder then :shrug: I've got a dr appointment 2moro just to check my levels but the more i think about it, the more i think it was error and just down to the fact that i was poorly and not consistant enough and had crappy OPK's so this month im doing it by the book just to make sure everything is in order so then I can relax about it all and let nature take its course! :thumbup: xx

Yes thats the best thing.. i shall see what it says this cycle then i might pop to the Dr's too just to check everything is as it should be.

I'm setting my alarm everyday to take temps as before it was halfterm and routine goes to pot lol..

Charts not looking to bad yet.. day 7 tomorrow so will get my coverline, hows yours looking this time xx

Yes thats the best thing.. i shall see what it says this cycle then i might pop to the Dr's too just to check everything is as it should be.

I'm setting my alarm everyday to take temps as before it was halfterm and routine goes to pot lol..

Charts not looking to bad yet.. day 7 tomorrow so will get my coverline, hows yours looking this time xx

Mine's looking ok so far (have a look if you like) I've been taking it vaginally this month and it's been alot more stable, coz like you I had half term in the most cruicial time of my cycle last month and I was ill so it was just sooo inconsistant! I take mine at 7am everyday (even yesterday and today-killer!) lol but Mondays when I have Uni I'm up at 6 so I take it then and use that converter I got on here the other day.
The Dr takes blood 7days after you ovulate so I'm going in 2moro so we can chat and then talk about how to go about getting my booked in if he thinks it nessessary. we're talking another couple of weeks anyway until I'm 7dpo. xx

Mine's looking ok so far (have a look if you like) I've been taking it vaginally this month and it's been alot more stable, coz like you I had half term in the most cruicial time of my cycle last month and I was ill so it was just sooo inconsistant! I take mine at 7am everyday (even yesterday and today-killer!) lol but Mondays when I have Uni I'm up at 6 so I take it then and use that converter I got on here the other day.
The Dr takes blood 7days after you ovulate so I'm going in 2moro so we can chat and then talk about how to go about getting my booked in if he thinks it nessessary. we're talking another couple of weeks anyway until I'm 7dpo. xx

i'll have a look at your chart now :)
do u recommend vaginally over orally? i get really really hot in bed, and am i right in how i have been doing it, take temp before you get up, move or anything?
But like you i have had this sinus cold, banging head and now a sore throat.. typical so i think that may of given me not so accurate temps :(
Going to get some OPK's tomorrow x:happydance:

i'll have a look at your chart now :)
do u recommend vaginally over orally? i get really really hot in bed, and am i right in how i have been doing it, take temp before you get up, move or anything?
But like you i have had this sinus cold, banging head and now a sore throat.. typical so i think that may of given me not so accurate temps :(
Going to get some OPK's tomorrow x:happydance:

I've been taking it vaginally this month as Ive read its more accurate. Temps are generally higher then orally but my chart definately looks more stable if you compare the two (this month and last month)
Yep your right, take it before you move or get up.My alarm goes off, I roll over, grab it, stick it in, although it's really hard to hear the beep when its down there!! :blush: it seems to reach temp alot quicker too, when I did it orally it seemed to take ages, but its like half the time vaginally :shrug: then I have a little bottle of alcohol gel that I keep on my bedside tab;e too and give it a wipe with that afterwards. xx

Just wanted to chip in and say that I temped vaginally for the last couple of months that I was charting and my temps seemed more stable too. Didn't have to worry about if I'd slept with my mouth open or not! I'd recommend it x

Right next cycle its Vaginally then..

i'm the same as you V i grab the alarm in one hand and the temp in the other wait for the beep and nod back off (on weekends :haha:)
Was wondering how to keep it clean, was wondering if they still did themometer shield like they used to in hospitals ?? but the lil bottles of alchol sound better..

Thanks girls x
my chart at the mo on cd 6

Right next cycle its Vaginally then..

i'm the same as you V i grab the alarm in one hand and the temp in the other wait for the beep and nod back off (on weekends :haha:)
Was wondering how to keep it clean, was wondering if they still did themometer shield like they used to in hospitals ?? but the lil bottles of alchol sound better..

Thanks girls x
my chart at the mo on cd 6

yer the alcohol gel works a treat, I have bottles of it everywhere :wacko: your chart looks good, so far so good. :thumbup: I'm going to pop over to your journal, hadnt realised you had one xx :wave:

hi V i have had another look at your chrt today and it doesnt show a coverline? does it have one your end? i'm on cd7 and still no coverline? xx

hi V i have had another look at your chrt today and it doesnt show a coverline? does it have one your end? i'm on cd7 and still no coverline? xx

I think you'll only get a coverline when FF detects ovulation. And apparently the coverline isn't that crucial anyway - FF says it's just for visual reference xx

I think you'll only get a coverline when FF detects ovulation. And apparently the coverline isn't that crucial anyway - FF says it's just for visual reference xx

oh right i read..
"After your period ends start watching your waking basal body temperatures. Each day take a look at the previous six temperatures.

Make a note of the highest temperature in this six day time frame. You will want to start looking for a temperature that is at least .2 degrees (Fahrenheit) higher than the highest temperature during these six days.

Once you see this temperature rise, you will want to draw your coverline."

:shrug::shrug::haha: x

oh right i read..
"After your period ends start watching your waking basal body temperatures. Each day take a look at the previous six temperatures.

Make a note of the highest temperature in this six day time frame. You will want to start looking for a temperature that is at least .2 degrees (Fahrenheit) higher than the highest temperature during these six days.

Once you see this temperature rise, you will want to draw your coverline."

:shrug::shrug::haha: x

Ah, I wonder if that's if you're doing it all manually rather than using Fertility Friend?! Are you using FF? If you are you could save yourself all the hassle and let it do it for you! And as long as you're BD'ing regularly you shouldn't miss your chance when you ov.

So how are things going? When do you usually ov or is it a bit irregular? Really hope this is your month! xx

i have a chart i keep to write them down, but i use ff too, (but im new to ff as i charted on paper with my last pregnancy 5 yrs ago :) )

its going ok thank you.. my cycles are between 24days and 28days atm..
since i took a table that stops periods (honeymoon) they havent ever been back to 28days reg..
Although i found a site that averages over last 6 periods and it came out at 26days so we will see..
thank you for asking and for your advice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->