New to Charting? Join other newbies here!

Thanks Foxy, I really hope so. I can't wait until next Saturday so that we know everything is ok. x

Hey Camo :wave:

Foxy your chart still looks good. I know what you mean about F&Cs 7 weeks going so quick!!

Argh! Charting was supposed to help, not make me more confused! I had a lower temp this am, so no crosshairs :-( However, yesterday and today my temp has been even higher after another 3 hours sleep. If I use those on FF I get crosshairs for CD21. I'm sticking with the lower temps though, so I tried putting in high temps for the next few days, it takes another 3 days but I get crosshairs on CD22 which I agree with. So I am hanging on til then, so much waiting!!! In the meanwhile I will bd today just in case as my stomach felt really uncomfortable yesterday, heavy with a dull ache. TMI, Ididn't enter this on FF but I had some stretchy cm frst thing yesterday, think it is a combination of everything so didn't pop it on, I don't think it will change things. FX for a high temp tomorrow or I will :cry:

fairygirl - I'm sure your temps will be just fine :) I find the few days around ov time worse than the 2ww! I hate waiting to see what day FF will say I ov'd.

Good idea to continue with bd'ing to make sure you have everything covered.

Hey girls. How are we all today. I have been having a nosey at everyones charts to try and get my head around mine. lol.

Foxy yours is looking really good, if i am reading it propery. Can i ask how FF detects ovulation off the temps. Doe the temp after OV have to rise above the control line and does FF automatically put the cross lines on the charts?

Im really sorry for all the questions. Just really new to all this charting and never thought it would be this compliated. lol.

xx

good morning girls ^___^

Foxy: :dust: to you, i think this may be your month! :hugs:

fairygirl: i would have thought you had OV'd at CD20 . . . the temp today may just be a one off :)

laura6914: FF detects OV when 3 temps show up higher than your control line ( i think ) i would think on 4DPO it puts the cross lines on the chart. i'm new to charting but this is what i have assumed happens reading the FF Help pages

Thanks pichi - I hope so! 6 months of actively ttc and counting! Getting bored now haha

Laura - have copied this from FF basics
Ovulation Patterns
An ovulation pattern is visible on your chart when your fertility signs collectively form a coherent picture:
  • Your BBT will rise after ovulation.
  • Ovulation usually occurs the day before your temperature rises.
  • Once you have a sustained rise (3 days or more) the ovulation detector will automatically mark your ovulation date on the chart (red crosshairs).
How much does my temperature have to rise to indicate ovulation?

In most cases, you are able to see a biphasic pattern on your chart after ovulation has taken place. That is, you will have lower pre-ovulation temperatures and higher post-ovulation temperatures. Your temperature may rise slowly in increments, or quickly, or it may even rise and fall slightly over several days. The rise in temperature is usually about 0.4 degrees Fahrenheit or 0.2 degrees Celsius, but the rise may be as slight as 0.2 degrees Fahrenheit or 0.1 degrees Celsius or even less in some cases. Great variability is possible.
More important than the value of the rise, is the overall pattern of the chart. Fertility Friend helps you determine ovulation based on the pattern of the chart and all fertility signs. Because there are no standard rules that can apply to everyone, Fertility Friend has been tuned and trained to recognize a wide range of ovulation patterns on your chart, based on all your signs.

Hope some of this helps :)

Thanks hun. It confuses the hell out of me cause the past two days i have had higher temps than normaly Only by .1oc though so not a major increase. Just wondr if i may have ovulated or if my temps are a bit doolally. lol.

xx

you may well have ovulated and todays temp is purely a dud so to speak :)

i'm just waiting on my temp rise now after getting my +OPK. bd'ing like no ones business tonight me thinks hehe

thanks Foxy hun. Does make some sense. Lol. Just trial and error for a few months i suppose. xx

Laura - I think you could possibly have ov'd. That missing temp is possibly putting FF off slightly. Have you tried entering some temps over the next couple of days to see if you get your crosshairs?

i havent tried that, I will have a look now though. See what i come up with. My temps and OPKs are contradicting each other though so its just really threw me off a little. xx

Go with the temps - I would never trust OPKs over accurate temperature taking :)

Foxy your fab. I just put my temp in for tomorrow as 36.6 and it put the cross hairs on saying i OVd on CD11. my OPKs must be doing their own thing but then again need to see what the temps do tomorrow moring.

Thanks ever so much for helping me. It really is so much appreciated.

Hi Girls!

Laura-CD11 makes perfect sense to me. I thought that's what ff would settle on based on the data. Don't worry about how high your temps are above the cover line. My first 3 were barely above it (0.1 degrees at most!), and didn't really rise until 4 DPO. It confused me so much that I thought ff gave me the wrong o date, but it all ended well. As long as you are BDing, it doesn't matter what o day you have, so just keep :sex:!

Foxy-so glad to see your temp is high again! That means that yesterday was not just a fluke, I'm feeling really optimistic about this cycle!!

Fairy-CD21 and CD22 are both convincing O days. I think that one spike on CD 18 may be throwing FF off a little and that may be why it's taking longer to find your crosshairs. Keep BDing just in case, but I think your crosshairs should show in a day or two. Do you know what day you normally ovulate?

Shannon-I forgot that you told us about FRER not working for you. I wonder why that is, it's really strange. Also, now that I look at your chart again, without any other info besides temp, it's also possible that you o'd on CD50. If that's the case, it may still be early to test. I still have my fx'd for you, I think you really deserve a :bfp:!

Bernina-temp back up a bit again, woohoo!!

Pichi-Another +OPK? Awesome! So you're still fertile when you see DH again, get one last session in!

Mystic I was just wondering the same thing because of that dip. I sure do feel preggo.:)

How are you feeling ?

Mystic, I have no idea of O day since coming off bcp in Aug. Think last month it was between cd21 and cd25 as after then my body went on hormonal overload. That was the first time since Sept so I think it is all a bit messed up. I like your interpretation of my chart! Thank you. At least I can shorten my 2ww waiting for crosshairs! X

thanks for your response Mystic. i didnt get a + OPK though and still havent although they are quite dark. do you think this lters anything? I never have a problem with OPKs i always get a very definite + although this month i did change the brand of the OPKs. Do you think this could have made a difference?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->