New to Charting? Join other newbies here!

Hey Everyone

This is my first time charting to although I work shifts so hope it doesnt affect it too much!!!

Just wondering if anyone one has any other tips for conception, at the minute i'm taking Pregncare Conception, EPO, Drinking about 2 1/2 litres of water a day with a glass of grapefriut juice in the morning. Also taking aspirin as recommended by my doctor. Thinking of trying a softcup aswell has anyone had much success with these?????

:dust::spermy:

Morning all (afternoon to the ones across the pond!)

Fairygirl, I think you need to get a few more temps on the chart in the next few days and see what the overall pattern looks like. We'll all be keeping an eye on your chart to see if we spot anything that looks like it may need possible adjusting. Best to leave the temps as they are for now.

Shambaby, your chart is looking fantastic!! When do you think you'll test? It looks like AF got me today (a day early!), had a dramatic temp drop and heavier spotting which I went ahead and listed as Light flow on FF just so it would go ahead and reset my chart. I'm sitting here with a birth control pill in front of me, knowing I need to take it to keep my lining thin for the surgery next week, but dreading taking it.

Foxy, another beautiful chart and temp today!!! This is looking like a great month for you!!! I believe our charts have deviated today and I'm hoping yours doesn't follow me!!!

Welcome back fifi. Hope you start to feel better soon, although being a bit run down during ovulation and luteal phase isn't necessarily a bad thing :) I think there really is something to being run down around that time and your body not fighting off a potential bean.

Mystic, how cool that we're only about 4 hours away! DH and I used to drive to Niagara Falls for lunch sometimes (in our crazy youthful days!) and my family once vacationed in Toronto for a week, had a blast! And yes, Domino headquarters is just outside of Ann Arbor, they have a huge farm there with buffalo roaming around, it's quite a unique place (although I'm personally a Pizza Hut girl!).

Welcome GemmaG, it sounds like you're doing everything right. I've not tried the softcups but may give them a go during our next cycle. If all my other crazy antics haven't scared DH away, then I'm sure the softcups won't. There is a great thread on this site about softcups, lots of success stories. Do a search and I'm sure you'll find it. Lots of good info and tips how to use.

Looks like AF got me today. I'm a bit discouraged because my luteal phase this month was only 11 days and I ovulated very late in my cycle (cd 21 as opposed to cd 18 last month). Very frustrating to think that I'm going backwards! Not sure what my next plan will be. Obviously this cycle will be out due to the surgery in 1 week. I'll continue to take my prenatal vitamin, my b-50 complex, and any herbs and supplements my acupuncturist recommends. I have my second acupuncture session today and will see what she has to say. I'm trying very hard to keep my PMA hat on, I know getting AF is for the best so I can get the surgery done once and for all and then hopefully have a more comfy home for a little bean. Now I just need to try to fight off this chest cold I can feel coming. They definitely won't let me have surgery if I have congestion so I need to dose up on vitamin C and make sure I'm in tip top shape!!

Baby dust, sticky glue, and PMA as needed!!!

Hey Everyone

This is my first time charting to although I work shifts so hope it doesnt affect it too much!!!

Just wondering if anyone one has any other tips for conception, at the minute i'm taking Pregncare Conception, EPO, Drinking about 2 1/2 litres of water a day with a glass of grapefriut juice in the morning. Also taking aspirin as recommended by my doctor. Thinking of trying a softcup aswell has anyone had much success with these?????

:dust::spermy:

Hi Gemma, i have just started charting, also work shift and ive used soft cups for the first time this month. There is a soft cup thread on the TTC forum if you would like to pop over. I find working shifts doesnt effect my charting as the latest i work is 10pm and i do my temps at 5:30 everday so far so good.

xx

Sorry to hear that Bernina. :hugs: I probably won't be on later to look at all the charts. Want to curl up with a book. Leaving my chart as it is, and hope my temps stay in the higher region. Thanks everyone.

Oh bernina - sorry to hear that AF got you, although I guess in one way maybe that's a good thing as it means you can get on with your surgery etc and get your body nicely prepared for a nice sticky bean. Hope the cold clears up asap, so everything goes ahead.

May be worth having a look into Soy once you have got surgery etc out of the way. :)

What a nightmare going back onto BCP's for a while - however, just remember they are to help you get pregnant! How odd does that sound? haha
xx

Thanks foxy!

I must admit that I'm having a rough go of it today. I'm always emotional when AF gets me, I allow myself a day or two to feel blue and then move on and get excited for the next cycle. But today a very good friend at work just told me that her DS and his fiance (great great people!) are expecting! Sounds like she's at about 5 weeks and my friend was just bursting at the seams to tell someone so she let me know. And I am truly happy for everyone involved, it is a blessing, but I just feel like I've been hit when I'm down. I'm hoping my acupuncture appointment today can calm my mind a bit and help me to relax and get my body ready for the surgery and recovery. That needs to be my main priority right now.

I know it's really hard hun, but you are right, you need to concentrate on yourself. Hopefully the acupuncture appointment will leave you feeling better :)

Just out of interest ladies, does anyone know why I could be getting a pain around my right hip bone / pelvic area? Not painful, but enough of a sort of throbbing / stabbing pain to notice?

Very random, don't think I've ever had this before. Probably absoultely nothing lol

:yipee:

Got my first Early Pregnancy Signs score come up today :happydance:

Am 5dpo and its 51 - that sounds quite high Though not entirely sure as this is the first month of charting so I don't have anything to compare it to :shrug: Not getting too excited as I know it's only an indicator though.

Foxy ffooooxxyyy foooxxyyy... (sung in a sing song tone)... you are so pregnant! I really hope I'm not wrong but your chart... the stabbing in the pelvis (very common pregnant sign).. ummmm... PMA all the way lovely lady!

Bernina - sorry the witch got you hun but I feel positive about your surgery. Hopefully your BFP is just round the corner.

Oh and one of you ladies asked for good tips on conceiving.. well mine is an orgasm. I made sure I got one every time as it's nature's way of sucking up those swimmers!!!

My mw appointment went well although nothing much to report. Roll on Saturday when I get my scan! xxx

Right.... i have a question for you as i have never used charting before or ovulation kits until this month. My cycle is 28-29 days every month without fail, i am on day 12 now i have brought a clear blue ovulation kit, it says that it will show posotive 2 days prior to the ovulation which is 14 days i have tested today and it's come back negative. Does anyone who has a 28 days cycle ovulate after day 14? Hope you can help.

Thanks

well, so much for a pj day - had to get dressed at 3pm to take my dad to pick up his car from the garage. will definitely give it another try tomorrow as i'm still feeling utterly pants and no sign of the cough improving. fx'd you ladies are right and it's a good thing.

bernina, i'm so sorry af got you, but to look on the brightside - she came early, thus saving you the price of a hpt, and you can get your surgery, so that when you do concieve your bean will be able to get nice and comfy. :hugs:

foxy, i'm no expert but i think your chart is looking fab - that dip is even more obvious now that there are a couple of temps back up high.

fish&chips, i heard that, too, about the big 'o' (the other one!) - apparently it dips your cervix into the pool of swimmers. my hubby has always been very considerate in that department, so i'm hoping it's true :blush:.

:hugs::dust::hugs:

Right.... i have a question for you as i have never used charting before or ovulation kits until this month. My cycle is 28-29 days every month without fail, i am on day 12 now i have brought a clear blue ovulation kit, it says that it will show posotive 2 days prior to the ovulation which is 14 days i have tested today and it's come back negative. Does anyone who has a 28 days cycle ovulate after day 14? Hope you can help.

Thanks

do you know that you usually ovulate on day 14? the luteal phase can vary from woman to woman (and sometimes from cycle to cycle), i believe the 'normal' range is about 12-18 days, but someone please correct me if i'm wrong. hopefully charting will help you to be sure of when you ovulate, i don't use opk's so i don't know about those, but my chart has helped me - i thought i ovulated a bit earlier than i apparently did this month. it might help if you put a link to your chart in your sig so the very informative ladies on here can stalk it and tell you what they think

Thanks

do you know that you usually ovulate on day 14? the luteal phase can vary from woman to woman (and sometimes from cycle to cycle), i believe the 'normal' range is about 12-18 days, but someone please correct me if i'm wrong. hopefully charting will help you to be sure of when you ovulate, i don't use opk's so i don't know about those, but my chart has helped me - i thought i ovulated a bit earlier than i apparently did this month. it might help if you put a link to your chart in your sig so the very informative ladies on here can stalk it and tell you what they think

Thanks for that! i shall keep testing then. Do you ovulate at diffrent times each month?

yomo - your luteal phase will only vary by 1 day, maybe 2 at the most. If you look at the link to my chart, you will see that my luteal phase is either 12 or 13 days. You will usually ov round about the same point in each cycle - unless your cycle is thrown off, due to illness or hormone issues etc.

Best thing to do is bd every other day from about CD10 onwards. Keep using your OPK and keep recording your temps. After a while, you will see a pattern, which will guide you for future cycles (if you have them!). If you have a 28 day cycle, and a luteal phase between 10-16 days then the earliest you would ov would be CD12 and the latest CD18. These are just averages and every woman is different.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong on any of that :)

Fish&Chips - I bloody hope I am :) haha If only to get a nice shiney pregnancy ticker lol No seriously, I am hopeful, but always cautious as I have got my hopes up before, just to get the dashed when AF arrives. Only a few more days to go to find out one way or another :)

Glad to hear m/w apt went well :) looking forward to hearing about your scan on Friday.

On a tangent.....anyone else got a list of possible baby names? Mine changes every few months! :) Just need a baby to name now! haha

Foxy I think this is your month honey!!! Those pains sound very familiar, I'm pretty sure I had that with my first pregnancy. I am just so on pins and needles over here waiting for your next few days of temps and signs!!!! Sticky sticky sticky glue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yomo, foxy nailed the info she gave you, so keep doing the BD, keep up with the OV tests and continue on with the temping.

I just came back from my second acupuncture appointment and I'm on cloud 9. I felt so very relaxed, had a nice little nap, and just feel so light and airy. I TOTALLY needed that. I found myself thinking about the new pregnancy I just learned about today in only a happy joyful way, so am very proud of myself. Julie also put some extra needles in for my congestion. At my next appointment (Feb 1 due to my surgery next week) I'll get my herbs, very excited for that.

Oh I have a ton of baby names. Even before we agreed to start ttc my DH got me a baby name book for Christmas. For boys I like Jack, Noah, and Joseph. For girls Elizabeth (I think a nickname would be Ellie or Elle), Ann or Anna. We used to like Hannah but after Hannah Montana I just can't use that name anymore! What about you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->