New Weaners

Its better to offer milk before solids for the majority of the first year; they won't eat that much but solids have less calories and fats than breastmilk or formula anyway so you don't want them to be cutting back on their milk too dramatically, most babies will learn to gradually cut back on their milk feeds as they get older and to take more solids. I BF, offer solids (blw) and then often LO wants to BF straight after solids as well I think its comforting and familiar to him. He is still eating quite a remarkable amount of solids and I have noticed the amount he will eat is gradually increasing overall (though at some meals he doesn't eat much at all and that is fine too).

With regard to bread/toast be careful as most bread in the UK has high sodium levels; pitta breads and khoubz (like pitta bread but thinner and flatter) have less, homemade breads have the least (and that is even if you follow recipes; I always reduce the salt to about a third of that in a recipe) but it is so hard finding the time to make any xx

Today has been a lot more sucessfull :yipee: We managed to have 3 meals today :shrug: not too sure how that happened tbh! For breakfast, we have tropical porridge, for lunch philly on toast with mango and banana puree with natural yoghurt. For tea, DH cooked stir fry chicken in hoi sin with rice and as Erin was still up, I got her in her highchair, and as we were eating, I put some bits on her tray and she loved it!! She had courgette, chicken, pepper and some bean sprouts. Sucked on the chicken and swallowed a huge bit of courgette, but it was great!! Very proud today :cloud9:

https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/261621_10150695316240273_630585272_19377797_6680901_n.jpg

CeriB thats brill- love the picture too- she looks so proud of herself!!!

Morning ladies, I haven't been in for a few days hope you and your LO's are well!

We are doing really well here with BLW, well it's progressed to Max led weaning as he is a little impatient monkey so I have to hold a spoon of yoghurt etc for him to dive on and I have to hold banana as he gets frustrated that he can't get it in his gob quick enough! He had avocado on toast for brekkie this morning which he loves along with yoghurt with strawberry and apple and he had some pear. He did well with dinner yesterday and his faves are baby sweetcorn and broccoli is still a winner!

Awww everyone is doing so well! :cloud9:

I've been holding off for a few days (hence my absence!) Naya has a double ear infection so I dont want to overload her! Fx we will be back into it soon :)

Lovely pic CeriB

DJ987- hope LO feels better very soon

Tomorrow is Kieran's 6 months so time for me to go full steam ahead I suppose. I am so not ready for it. Last night we went out for a meal and I could tell little man was disappointed he wasn't getting any food so I gave him a little piece of my dinner roll and asked the waiter for some cucumber slices. He was happy with that. This morning he had some banana mixed in with natural yogurt on a preloaded spoon. Suprising how natural he was at getting the spoon to his mouth and feeding himself!

hi ladies- i have a quick question- i made my own bologneise tonight- (cant even spell at the mo)!!!! would it be ok to give that to Ava for tea tomorrow with potato instead of pasta???? its made with lean steak mince?

Yeah - I'd say so. She could have pasta too.

Yeah - I'd say so. She could have pasta too.

o brill- thank you- i just wasnt too sure- i had some strange thought that pasta was 7months on.

In the TW 'world' sometimes pasta is considered a 7 month on food but its fine from 6 months xx

So proud of little miss today. She has swede and she put a stick of swede in her mouth and sucked some off and ate it all by herself.

Oh Snowy - thats ace! Well done!!

We had another good day :happydance: Porridge for breakfast, omlette for lunch with mango/banana/yoghurt puree and BBQ Pork stir fry and chips for tea follwoed by apple crumble!!! She seems far more interested in foods with tastes rather than fruit and veg sticks. Hopefully it continues :happydance:

sounds great girls- we are still on two meals a day but thankfully she is eating and loves doing it by herself! finally the fear of weaning is starting to become enjoyment!!! its great seeing their wee faces when they taste new food!

ceriB that sounds like a gorgeous days menu for your LO- i need more variety

Oh Snowy - thats ace! Well done!!

We had another good day :happydance: Porridge for breakfast, omlette for lunch with mango/banana/yoghurt puree and BBQ Pork stir fry and chips for tea follwoed by apple crumble!!! She seems far more interested in foods with tastes rather than fruit and veg sticks. Hopefully it continues :happydance:

That sounds better than what I had today :haha: Lucky baby!!

Oh wow I just saw this thread! Hi ladies :hi:

We are very new to this and feel completely overwhelmed!!

finally the fear of weaning is starting to become enjoyment!!!

I completely agree with you!!! I am starting to enjoy it a lot more now!!

She literally has the same things that I have! Apart from the puree bit - I have my fruit whole, but she sometimes has trouble holding slippery mango and banana!!

:wave: Mrs_Park!!! It is overwhelming, but you'll get there!!

another proud moment this morning - put some banana on the highchair tray and little miss picked it up and put it straight to her mouth.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 4
https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/261621_10150695316240273_630585272_19377797_6680901_n.jpg

Is this the Cosatto On the Move highchair? I'm looking to buy a highchair and this one looks pretty good! How you finding it? or to be precise how is your LO finding it? :haha:

^^ It is! We are gettin on fab with it! We bought it as a travel highchair mainly, but use it every day. We have another opne which is an all singing all dancing Graco number, but she seems too small for it atm. The Cosatto one is the prefect hieght and the tray is at the right level. The only thing is the straps don't go tight enough so she is a bit floppy in it. TBH, she hates being strapped in to anything so I only do up the waist straps and she is happy. Definitely recommend :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->